Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

You forgot Pokken which I just picked up and is really sick. Sucks about the local MP being so rough tho. Does anyone else play?

I should pick it up some time. It outsold SFV though so there's probably a healthy online community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

I should pick it up some time. It outsold SFV though so there's probably a healthy online community

Gengar is so cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_8ZY00LFYo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Pirate Jet posted:

They did not

It still has $140 of DLC and even before the microtransactions Overkill was doing stuff as gross as Hype Train so good for them but still lol

false, game is fun and a lot of the DLC is old enough that they went 'gently caress it' and released it for free. and a lot of the stuff that isn't free you've got no reason to buy unless you like the looks of the heister/guns in it, and the heist DLC you only have to own to host so you can join games of any heist as much as you want

the only truly 'powerful' dlc i can think of right now is the bbq pack because of the grenade it gives you (molotov) but even then just lol if you're really relying on grenades at all

basically if you enjoyed payday for more than an hour at any point during its development you should probably reinstall and use the open beta branch (for the skill updates etc). the game is more fun and less fiddly than it's ever been right now

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 31, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
the devs bought the game rights from their publisher today and announced they're getting rid of all microtransactions in a video that included the quote “gently caress that broke-dick piece of poo poo drill"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

the devs bought the game rights from their publisher today and announced they're getting rid of all microtransactions in a video that included the quote “gently caress that broke-dick piece of poo poo drill"

Lol that's cool. I remember payday 1 being fun but payday 2 always looked like a convoluted nightmare, maybe it will be good now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

Good.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Coolguye posted:

false, game is fun and a lot of the DLC is old enough that they went 'gently caress it' and released it for free. and a lot of the stuff that isn't free you've got no reason to buy unless you like the looks of the heister/guns in it, and the heist DLC you only have to own to host so you can join games of any heist as much as you want

the only truly 'powerful' dlc i can think of right now is the bbq pack because of the grenade it gives you (molotov) but even then just lol if you're really relying on grenades at all

basically if you enjoyed payday for more than an hour at any point during its development you should probably reinstall and use the open beta branch (for the skill updates etc). the game is more fun and less fiddly than it's ever been right now

Okay that's all very interesting and definitely doesn't make you look like a crazy person I guess but please explain why I should buy monthly DLC for a bad shooter built on an engine made for racing games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pirate Jet posted:

Okay that's all very interesting and definitely doesn't make you look like a crazy person I guess but please explain why I should buy monthly DLC for a bad shooter built on an engine made for racing games

basically if you enjoyed payday for more than an hour at any point during its development you should probably get donkey kong tropical freeze

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I have already played Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and it is totally great.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

There should be some sort of advanced Realism mod for this game, where I can load all the money I steal onto a giant dump truck and dump it in front of Nintendo of America's HQ.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Jet posted:

Apparently the engine the game uses is actually good for shooters because there was more FPS and TPS games made for it than anything else

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're retarded for other reasons than that off hand piece of trivia though

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I loving hate this game, doing stealth loving sucks, all the guns feel like poo poo and do no damage, there's no blood, each mission feels the same, working as a team feels retarded because there's no real difference between anyone despite the millions of choices for perks for whatever reason and it's really really boring when we could actually be having fun playing black ops 3 or Overwatch or whatever ducking other million better games there are out there

Soral
May 30, 2009

i played it a bit today and the new skill system is a vast improvement over the old one because you can just pick whatever ones you want now basically. if your only complaint was the stupid bullshit skill micromanagement then pick it up and try it now but if you thought it was bad and boring then dont bother because otherwise the gameplay is the same

Soral
May 30, 2009

i was playing a new map where you have to jump out of a plane and a guy who was in the game forgot to pick up a parachute first and he died instantly when he hit the ground

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

i was playing a new map where you have to jump out of a plane and a guy who was in the game forgot to pick up a parachute first and he died instantly when he hit the ground

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The most fun I had with the first one was me and my friend starting heists immediately and just standing out front killing the infinite cops

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Payday 2 is cool and good and now with the new skill system it's even better. Stealth still mostly sucks though. It's fine in smaller maps and in certain maps that were specifically planned for stealth, but outside that, especially in big stealthable (in principle) levels there are so many variables constantly moving and changing that even one mistake will easily cascade into a total clusterfuck and then the cops come in. That's one reason why goons usually don't bother sneaking around and just go guns blazing into Big Bank.

The other reason is the giant pink gently caress-off piggy bank that you'll crash into the bank lobby through the skylight if you rob the bank loud.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

what? you're dumb

Black Baby Goku posted:

I loving hate this game, doing stealth loving sucks, all the guns feel like poo poo and do no damage, there's no blood, each mission feels the same, working as a team feels retarded because there's no real difference between anyone despite the millions of choices for perks for whatever reason and it's really really boring when we could actually be having fun playing black ops 3 or Overwatch or whatever ducking other million better games there are out there
lol all the guns do no damage ok *goes back to killing 400+ cops on one map with a flamethrower that makes them die in an instant in screaming burning agony* oh look a bulldozer *destroys an entire room by firing an RPG, including killing teammates* man i think i will need to defend here a while *deploys a bipod machine gun and kills every cop in the county*

man i sure wish i was playing calladoody 591 where guns hurt *kills 4 cops with 1 shot from a .50 cal sniper rifle, gets cheevo for it* *does the same thing with a grenade launcher, gets another cheevo for it*

gee sure wish i could get a change of pace *plays mission where you race nukes past a gauntlet of cops* man even that isn't quite doing it for me *kills 5000 russians attacking a secret base from hardcore henry*

sure wish i could stand out from my teammates *switches from build that eats bullets like pez and destroys everything with a machine gun to a medic build that yells at people to get them up off the ground* hm still not different enough *uses sentry gun and flaming trip mine build instead* but i'm still even using armor i want to run around in a suit and murder a million people *clicks a button, now dodges bullets effortlessly and runs around like sonic killing everything with akimbo pistols, firing the pistols to the saturday morning cartoon beat*

there are a lot of reasons to hate paydude but really the only one here that isn't wrong as gently caress here is 'stealth sucks' which it does

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Coolguye posted:

what? you're dumb

lol all the guns do no damage ok *goes back to killing 400+ cops on one map with a flamethrower that makes them die in an instant in screaming burning agony* oh look a bulldozer *destroys an entire room by firing an RPG, including killing teammates* man i think i will need to defend here a while *deploys a bipod machine gun and kills every cop in the county*

man i sure wish i was playing calladoody 591 where guns hurt *kills 4 cops with 1 shot from a .50 cal sniper rifle, gets cheevo for it* *does the same thing with a grenade launcher, gets another cheevo for it*

gee sure wish i could get a change of pace *plays mission where you race nukes past a gauntlet of cops* man even that isn't quite doing it for me *kills 5000 russians attacking a secret base from hardcore henry*

sure wish i could stand out from my teammates *switches from build that eats bullets like pez and destroys everything with a machine gun to a medic build that yells at people to get them up off the ground* hm still not different enough *uses sentry gun and flaming trip mine build instead* but i'm still even using armor i want to run around in a suit and murder a million people *clicks a button, now dodges bullets effortlessly and runs around like sonic killing everything with akimbo pistols, firing the pistols to the saturday morning cartoon beat*

there are a lot of reasons to hate paydude but really the only one here that isn't wrong as gently caress here is 'stealth sucks' which it does

Absolutely annihilated.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
None of that poo poo is true

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
*boringly unloads 600 rounds into a regular cop* oh he's still alive huh...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

None of that poo poo is true

Sounds like an even more fuckawesome version of Borderlands the Pre-Sequel with cosmetic loot and microtransactions. Problem?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Sounds like an even more fuckawesome version of Borderlands the Pre-Sequel with cosmetic loot and microtransactions. Problem?

He insulted Call of Duty

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

*boringly unloads 600 rounds into a regular cop* oh he's still alive huh...

there's literally not a single weapon in the game that a regular cop can survive 6 rounds from at this point, and those are the plinkiest pistols with like 180 rounds or some poo poo

unless you're shooting the armor of a tan cop in which case loving lol good work idiot

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think 3 years ago lumpy and Widestancer and someone else played payday 2 and left to play the evolve beta, if that says anything

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I think 3 years ago
hey look i found why you're wrong

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Oh yeah, the default weapons (AMCAR rifle and Chimano 88 pistol) are lovely. Ditch those after a couple of heists and buy literally any other gun (using in-game money you get from completing heists, not talking dlcs here). Also remember to mod your guns once you get some mod parts!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Coolguye posted:

what? you're dumb

*enters thread* *looks at this guy's posts* *noisily inhales through clenched teeth*

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

*enters thread* *looks at this guy's posts* *noisily inhales through clenched teeth*

Lmfao

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Coolguye posted:

what? you're dumb

Wow, you're really passionate about this topic.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Wow, you're really passionate about this topic.

i also enjoy ham

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Coolguye posted:

i also enjoy ham

LOL

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Sorry I got upset. I'm gonna step back, take a deep breath, and sing teh doom song nao!!1 🎶doom doom doom doom doom doom doom🎶

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Coolguye posted:

i also enjoy ham

I liek bacon!!!!!1!1!1!!!111!!1!1!!1!1!!!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Coolguye posted:

i also enjoy ham

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Sorry I got upset. I'm gonna step back, take a deep breath, and sing teh doom song nao!!1 🎶doom doom doom doom doom doom doom🎶

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

• Locked thread