Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
a shiny white escape pod shooting out of the front tip of the millennium falcon would be hilarious, especially if disney tries to explain their way out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The canon name of a popular music in Star Wars is “jizz.” They don’t have to explain poo poo

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

But will there be droids jacking off in?

Asking for a friend

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
jacking on

:science:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

So, really, Ready Player One was just ahead of its time. This is the future of "big budget" cinema. Self reference and nostalgia layered as deep as possible. An ouroboros but it's not eating itself, it's crawling up its own rear end, forever.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
New GotG III clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_41KVmPzIC4

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

These clips are the most lifeless poo poo, good god.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Kart Barfunkel posted:

These are the highlights they're using to sell the movie

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

If they sucked out anymore color from this loving movie it'd be god drat greyscale.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

I CAME BACK AFTER 2 YEARS OF SILENCE SO I COULD AGGRO POST IN THE UKRAINE-RUSSIA THREAD.
Why does this movie exist.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

nurabsal posted:

Why does this movie exist.

Because Disney spent billions of dollars on Star Wars and Marvel made them think they could just keep putting out movies without worrying about diminishing returns.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

precision posted:

That the Falcon used to have an escape pod built into the front tong part, and that whatsername uses it to bail out of the Falcon at some point. I guess it's not a big spoiler but still.

lol what. i thought it was used to carry big cargo containers and the front is where it hooked in

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BarronsArtGallery posted:

lol what. i thought it was used to carry big cargo containers and the front is where it hooked in

Yeah, apparently not, unless the "escape pod" portion is some mod that the Falcon gets during the movie. This is all going off the Lego set (which owns).

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

I CAME BACK AFTER 2 YEARS OF SILENCE SO I COULD AGGRO POST IN THE UKRAINE-RUSSIA THREAD.
Out of curiosity I checked presales at the most popular theaters in south fla for the 7pm-midnight imax showings. theaters with a cap of 100-200 with like 10-15 seats sold. (In contrast, you couldn't get same TFA or TLJ Imax tickets 2 weeks ahead of the film. )

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Envious that you've never seen a Ron Howard film.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

wyoming posted:

Oh come on, Willow is pretty cool.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

wyoming posted:

It's something about the shot timing. Each shot seems to drag for either 2 or 4 seconds exactly. And that shot of Han gesturing at the falcon at the base of the dune where you can't even make out the falcon at all... Bradford young is talented, so I will blame it on Ron Howard and the editing crew I guess.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
Apollo 13 was the tits

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

Apollo 13 is good as hell.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Meaning he's already proven he can do sci-fi. No excuse if this turns out bad.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Captain Splendid posted:

Meaning he's already proven he can do sci-fi. No excuse if this turns out bad.

Think about that one for a second.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, apparently not, unless the "escape pod" portion is some mod that the Falcon gets during the movie. This is all going off the Lego set (which owns).

as long as we keep getting awesome new LEGO sets idgaf if the movies suck tbh

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Apollo 13 was the tits

Yeah and that was over 20 years ago. Have you seen Inferno!?? Holy moly.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Think about that one for a second.

I also remember their rocket made a whoosh sound when it took off.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
I wonder if Enfys Nest lives at home with no children.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

precision posted:

as long as we keep getting awesome new LEGO sets idgaf if the movies suck tbh

I honestly agree 100%.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Rush was great y'all don't even know.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Was The Missing any good?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So the premier is tonight. How long until we get the verdict?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I have returned from the future and it's bad.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kingtheninja posted:

Rush was great y'all don't even know.

Oh poo poo - I forgot about that movie.

Rush is loving AMAZING

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Ewan McGregor was there. At the premier, I mean. I'm sure there's no way he's awkwardly shoehorned in the movie. Just got a normal invite, like Frank Oz at episode 8.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

Because Disney spent billions of dollars on Star Wars and Marvel made them think they could just keep putting out movies without worrying about diminishing returns.

Solo is projected for a 170 million dollar opening weekend so that's likely still not something they're worried about

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
McGregor as Obi-Wan was delightful and I hope this means they're working on his movie soon.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Gonz posted:

McGregor as Obi-Wan was delightful and I hope this means they're working on his movie soon.

Rumored that the Obi Wan movie is going to start production in 2019. Apparently "verified" by 2 of the big star wars movie rumor sites. Its a no brainer so I wouldnt be surprised.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Rumored that the Obi Wan movie is going to start production in 2019. Apparently "verified" by 2 of the big star wars movie rumor sites. Its a no brainer so I wouldnt be surprised.

He's probably the only thing everybody can point to in the prequel trilogy as being good so yeah, its not a surprise.

Then just to ruin everything for everyone Disney will make a sequel to Cars about Podracing

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Barudak posted:

He's probably the only thing everybody can point to in the prequel trilogy as being good so yeah, its not a surprise.

Then just to ruin everything for everyone Disney will make a sequel to Cars about Podracing

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jon Favreau's Star Wars TV show, per him, takes place 7 years after ROTJ.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I was actually expecting a Boba Fett movie beforea Obi-Wan one (that sentence felt awkward to write).

• Locked thread