Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
We're never getting 80s caliber Ford but if we can get close to Air Force One caliber Ford I think we'll be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I"m looking very much to the next film where Mark Hamill plays the Yoda-esque character and gives Luke his Joker voice because he's gone insane from living in solitude or whatever

Just make it weird

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Luke riding around on Rey's shoulders as she does backflips in a swamp

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

Gonz posted:

This may or may not be bullshit (it's almost certainly bullshit):

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/08/huge-spoiler-last-name-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens-character-/

Finn Calrissian, eh?

Sold by "Disney Lucas Films Ltd." I'm sure if it were real, Disney could actually get the name of their $4 billion acquisition right. Anyways, everyone knows Rey, Finn, and Kylo are actually triplets. With three different fathers, somehow.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Pata Pata Pata Pon posted:

Sold by "Disney Lucas Films Ltd." I'm sure if it were real, Disney could actually get the name of their $4 billion acquisition right. Anyways, everyone knows Rey, Finn, and Kylo are actually triplets. With three different fathers, somehow.
Possible, but that would have been one wild night for Leia.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Luke will appear only at the end of the movie, turning out to be masked villain Kylo Ren all along. It's going to be JJ's attempt at the "I am your father" twist to make people lose their poo poo at the end of the movie and fork out money for the sequel.

Then in the later movies it will turn out he turned to the dark side for all the right reasons, so as to help bring about a resurgence of Jedi or something like that.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Except that we've seen Kylo Ren without the mask so....

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
Seems Lando may have pulled a few more manoeuvres after the battle of taanab.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Kylo is played by Edward Norton in an uncredited role.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/11/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-reveals-new-photos-first-order-details/

Finn rescuing Poe confirmed; MakingStarWars's rundown is all but confirmed at this point.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lmao some bitter nerd at EW redesigned the cross guards to make more sense.

EDIT: I'm reading that it's probably reflected light.

iSheep fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 11, 2015

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

iSheep posted:

looks like the metal is overheating in the crossguard. Kinda looked that way in the japanese trailer.
Discoloring on the hilt when the saber is off kinda supports this.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

iSheep posted:

No one is dressed for the weather in this picture

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Whodat Smith-Jones posted:

No one is dressed for the weather in this picture

Haven't they learned by now that multiple outfits mean multiple toys to sell?

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...

Entertainment Weekly posted:

Rey was ditched on Jakku by her family when she was a child and has no idea why — or why they never returned. “She’s been alone for a long time,” Ridley says. "When something occurs when you’re 5, you know what went on but you don’t understand the reasoning."

Assuming she is indeed Han and Leia's kid, why would they abandon her? Dropped off by family means dropped off by older brother Kylo after he killed the rest of the Jedi day-care, but spared his blood. This is why Snoke doesn't want Kylo to be sentimental, he's displayed that tendency before. Rey was sent to Luke's academy at a very very young age because her parents are still out Star Warsing. The force is with her, but its also presumably safer for her with her uncle at the hidden Jedi Academy. Rey was too little to know anything other than her brother burst into the room, probably bloody, and took her away, presumably for her protection. Also, Kylo's temple massacre reflects his idol Vader's. It is possible he was something like 15 at the time, assuming the rain image is the Maz Kanata flashback, and is now 30-ish, Rey would then be 20-ish.

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...

Entertainment Weekly posted:

But Adam Driver says every villain has an internal battle. “When you break all of those things down, really it’s just because someone wasn’t loved enough or felt betrayed,”

Mama and Papa Solo left us here with boring old pacifist Uncle Luke because they love Star Wars more than they love us. If only Uncle Luke would let me go to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters I could help mom and dad win the Star Wars. These Star Wars are my real mom and dad.

Some old guy named Snoke at Tosche Station told me about how Uncle Luke killed Grandpa. I always wondered why he wouldn't talk about those days. Looks like he killed him so he couldn't complete a prophecy, too. I always knew I was important, and that's probably why they hid me away, so I wouldn't find out about my destiny. Parents just don't understand.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Now I'm starting to think they're either cousins or both Luke's kids. It would make more sense if Rey was dropped off on jakku because luke needed to hide.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rey is Eldon Tyrell's adopted daughter, and Finn is a facedancer employed by CHOAM.

Checkmate.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So watching the higher quality TV spot from last night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6HN9soeGa8

Right before you get the shot of the back of Leia's head in some control room, you get Rey walking up to something/someone in what appears to be the same room. I'm assuming she's walking up to Leia. And it feels like it's for a big reveal (for her) of her mother.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I got the same feeling, assuming it's the same shot. Also got a peek at Ackbar in the room too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Randarkman posted:

I'm kind of dreading this as Harrison Ford became really boring and bad as he became old. I really just want him to show up and die. He'll ruin poo poo if he's in it too much.

He can't be in it that much because he hates Star Wars and wanted Han Solo to be dead at the end of Empire. Look at how excited he is talking about the prequels in 1980 because he won't be in them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8czqAf5qek

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Baron Bifford posted:

Last we checked Lando was one of the few black guys in the galaxy, so who else could be Finn's father?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willrow_Hood

Animax
Nov 7, 2015

Mike N Eich posted:

I"m looking very much to the next film where Mark Hamill plays the Yoda-esque character and gives Luke his Joker voice because he's gone insane from living in solitude or whatever

Just make it weird

This! Oh god yes!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/andy-serkis-drops-details-snoke-star-wars-force-awakens/

quote:

As we get closer and closer to the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, more secrets from the movie are being spilled by director J.J. Abrams and the cast. The latest batch come courtesy of Andy Serkis, the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes star who is playing the mysterious Supreme Leader Snoke (via motion capture) in this highly anticipated release.

While it’s thought that he’s in charge of The First Order and quite possibly a Sith Lord, Serkis has now revealed that he may be much, much bigger than anyone ever suspected!

quote:

“It was quite an unusual situation. I worked specifically with Domhnall Gleeson and with Adam Driver. My first day was basically standing on a 25-foot podium doing Lord Snoke without the faintest idea what he looked like… or in fact who he was! I was very high up, totally on my own, away from everybody else, but acting with them. He is severely damaged. Although he’s a powerful leader, he comes across as vulnerable. Very scarred and disfigured. We used sort of a ‘Kongolizer’ method of having sound come out of speakers to give a sense of scale and distance for the character. So it was very challenging and scary, in fact probably one of my most scary film experiences I’ve ever had.”

This is a surprising revelation, and one which leads to a lot of new questions about Star Wars: The Force Awakens, especially as a gigantic creature like this is going to be a first for the franchise. How will the heroes possibly combat a threat this massive and what exactly is Snoke?! That remains to be seen, but the movie just got even more intriguing, that’s for sure.

There’s not long to go until the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it should be interesting to see if Snoke is kept under wraps until December 18th.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Snoke is Evil Zordon from Power Rangers.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Obviously he is going to be serpentine on account of his name is Snoke and this is Star Wars

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Obviously he is going to be serpentine on account of his name is Snoke and this is Star Wars

Didn't a leaked artbook page already spoiled he's a reptilian?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

He's a snake made of smoke

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The reason his character has been cloaked in such mystery probably has a lot to do with the fact that he's so scary, once the moviegoing public finally sees him, they'll void their bowels 2 seconds later.

He's the "Brown Noise" of film antagonists.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
He's probably a snake-man, but part of me wishes he was one of the weirder ethereal force beings from the Clone Wars cartoon.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Gonz posted:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/andy-serkis-drops-details-snoke-star-wars-force-awakens/
[/i]

This is a surprising revelation, and one which leads to a lot of new questions about Star Wars: The Force Awakens, especially as a gigantic creature like this is going to be a first for the franchise. How will the heroes possibly combat a threat this massive and what exactly is Snoke?! That remains to be seen, but the movie just got even more intriguing, that’s for sure.

Or, you know, he's just standing on something really tall above the characters.

My money's on him being an evil Snork.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Maybe he's a gundark who's tired of seeing his species having their ears pulled off by rear end in a top hat humans.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Abner Assington posted:

Maybe he's a gundark who's tired of seeing his species having their ears pulled off by rear end in a top hat humans.

a lowly womprat standing on a crate

i had a dream i saw the first 15 minutes of star wars and snoke was a giant snakelike space pope, so there you go.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

NORMAL PERSON: "He must be high up on some kind of structure."

SUPREME AUTIST: "He's obviously a giant serpent lord."

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I just showed some of these trailers to my 6 year old son and 7 year old daughter. They have each only seen episodes 4 - 6, on just once each.

boy: i think that girl is crying because that man that gave her the gun is her dad and then the bad guy killed him.

girl: yeah that would make sense because these movies are always about dads and sons and sisters and family and everybody is in the same family basically.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

a starwar betamax posted:

I just showed some of these trailers to my 6 year old son and 7 year old daughter. They have each only seen episodes 4 - 6, on just once each.

boy: i think that girl is crying because that man that gave her the gun is her dad and then the bad guy killed him.

girl: yeah that would make sense because these movies are always about dads and sons and sisters and family and everybody is in the same family basically.

Your kids are sharp. They should write a Star War.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

a starwar betamax posted:

okay but what are their thoughts on snoke

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

More here.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Ville Valo posted:

More here.

So the whole battalion has those batons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

gohmak posted:

So the whole battalion has those batons.

I like that idea a lot more than the thought of a random stormtrooper being the only one specially equipped with those things. I'm guessing that the First Order has anticipated Luke / Jedi / Force users with lightsabers, and have taken steps to ensure that gear is at least available, and (presumably) the troopers are trained how to use it. The arm-thing seems defensive in design and intent (it looks like it would be awkward to try and attack someone with it), so between that and the shield, they're probably intended to help the stormtroopers defend themselves against lightsabers long enough for a hundred other stormtroopers with blasters / Kylo Ren to show up on the scene.

It's a sensible precaution, if the thing about Ren destroying Luke's upstart Jedi Academy are true. They know Luke is still out there, probably training other Jedi, and they could encounter them at any moment.

Edit: Picture mentioned. Jesus, that is some terrible and lazy art. A single high-kicking Stormtrooper copy/pasted a bunch of times, then flipped around for the ones facing the other way.

Beef Hardcheese fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 22, 2015

• Locked thread