Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Aaronicon posted:

The leaked scene-by-scene does mention that there's a sequence where Kylo contacts his actual true boss, above Snoke Every Day, so I'm betting that the Knights Of Ren are just another front for the Sith coming back. I mean, there is one Sith still left alive, as far as we know. The Clone Wars cartoon, which is still canon, never got around to explaining exactly what Palpatine ended up doing with Maul after he came back.

Or poo poo, why not pull a Spider-Man and get a Clone Saga going. I mean it worked so well in the EU...

I read that Kylo specifically isn't a Sith though? Just a "dark side user"

I wanna know more about that sick rear end lightsaber and what's up with the energy pattern. I actually kinda like the theory early itt that it's putting out dangerous levels of energy and the crossguards are vents, which also handwaves away the nerds crying about WHAT THE POINT OF CROSSGUARDS ANOTHER LIGHTSABER COULD JUST CUT THE EMITTER PIECES OFF :qq:

I really hope it's not just "Kylo is a lovely sabersmith" but I suspect that's not the case given how much attention this lightsaber is getting and the lengths they went through to make it not just "variation of generic green lightsaber" both in the crossguard design but also the energy pattern.

But also, if Kylo isn't a Sith, then they could be playing a total reversal of "Jedi are almost extinct, heres one old guy on a backwater rear end planet, trains the last padawan (Obi-Wan/Luke) but now that the Empire is apparently no longer a real thing and we have what amounts to a military junta running the show, trying to maintain control Assad-style, then maybe it's a total role reversal from Ep IV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread