Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Why would there be nerd rage over killing off a character that nobody knows anything about

Tons of hype about Badass Female Stormtrooper, which, while not a bad thing, has built her up a lot with the kind of nerds who actually spend money on poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

JJ confirms that Rey's parents were not in TFA.

Hopefully that doesn't allow for a loophole of "well, Luke is her dad but her mom is new, so yes her parentS weren't in tfa"

Or he's just straight up loving lying like with the whole "Khan is not in Into Darkness" deal.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I hope Truman Capote the Hutt appears in a Major Motion Picture now.

Truman Capote the Hutt is dead, shot through the heart by his ex-lover and current Jabba's Palace singer Sy Snootles.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Last one is Rebels stuff, you can tell because it's got little figures of characters from the show.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Gonz posted:

BullSHIT.

Snoke is a dracula.

I say he's probably a wolfman, or maybe a space mummy. I bet his full name is Ardeth Bey Snoke or something.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Elentor posted:

Are there script leaks or just the toy product leaks?

My wild theory is that Rei is a Palpatine and that Luke is afraid of her because he wasn't afraid of Sheev when he first encountered him against all advice given by Obi-Wan and Yoda. The Last Jedi refers to Kylo and Rei and once Kylo finds out that Rei is a Palpatine he decides to go even further on his journey to be Vader 2.0 and follow her. He probably regrets killing Carrie Fisher and that's the turning point. The scene in the trailer where we see Rei wanting to join him is about the two of them wanting to be Jedi now that Luke has forsaken them and Kylo decides to befriend Rei.

Rei is actually a clone of some dude named Gendo's dead wife.

Star Wars is just Evangelion now.

P.S, It's Rey, not Rei.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

It's a Porgography store. I was buying Porgography.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

BarronsArtGallery posted:

I remember watching some movie called The Great Ewok Adventure but don't remember what it was about or if Lucas had anything to do with it

Was it the one with the giant that captured Ewoks or the one with the space witch that murdered the little girl's family and had Wilfred Brimley?

Those movies were loving bizarre.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Hey, guess what, at the end of Rebels, Thrawn is sent hurtling into the Unknown Regions with Ezra aboard a Star Destroyer. It's Thrawn. 100%. Saying they're casting for a woman doesn't matter, because it's Disney the same people who said (Spoilers for Avengers) every death in Infinity War was permanent (lol) and that Hawkeye would be in the film.

KiteAuraan fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 27, 2018

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

I do still feel Thrawn will show up with the FO in some way, though most likely in book or comic form, just given story stuff, but yeah, you're right.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Because even the people who make Star Wars props and dress up for premieres and poo poo don't give a single gently caress.

Source: My friends and I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

Mark Hamill May Have Revealed a Highly Intriguing Solo: A Star Wars Story Cameo

I mean, it's not that intriguing. But thinking how they're going to shoe horn 3PO (and probably R2) into Solo is worrisome.

I wonder if it'll just be his cameo character from Episode II, the conman guy in the space bar, Dannl Faytonni or what ever.

Like, apparently his old backstory had him being from Corellia.

• Locked thread