Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

BB-8 is R2-D2s son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope jabbas son randomly pops up and steals him

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Harrison Ford loving hates having his Star Wars legacy hanging over his head

Maybe he should have been in movies that weren't absolute dogshit for the past 20 years then

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

crowoutofcontext posted:

I hope this thing appears frequently, has a silly voice, and vainly attempts to sell his caged bird-children at inopportune moments.

I hope he sells a mogwai to someone and the entire movie turns out to be a gremlins sequel

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Jesus Christ dude people are entitled to their opinions and are not obligated to play a role to every jerk-off seeking validation for quoting a movie. You love Star Wars because it helped distract from Daddy molesting your autistic rear end, but Mr. Ford doesn't need to pretend to like SW and the terrible culture surrounding them. Hollywood stars don't need to give the affection that your parents only gave in the form of impromptu anal probes, and the amount of dollars you spent on Han Solo action figures isn't going to change that.

You are weird and gross and this is an extremely bad post even by star wars thread standards.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

BB8 is Poes droid

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I still can't believe Donnie Yen and the Raid dudes are in Star Wars movies now.

They're going to be in the background for about 4 seconds

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Who was the neckbeard x-wing pilot? He felt like some E list celebrity who was thrown a bone to be in the movie

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ensign_Ricky posted:

That reminds me of something. Poe's flight at Starkiller had him lock and unlock the S-foils in rapid succession to squeeze through the narrow spots.That was loving awesome by virtue of never seeing anyone do that in the previous films. Might have made flying through the superstructure of Death Star II a little less tricky.

Also, Ep VIII needs both Wedge and Lando.

Wedge does it when flying through Deathstar 2 right before the Falcons satellite dish gets knocked off.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is just another of those "because the movie needed it", but unless I'm mistaken TIE Fighters aren't two-man craft either, and their laser cannons aren't turreted (or was Finn just firing the cannons straight ahead anyway?)

They are different Ties.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

khy posted:

Okay, so how did Luke's lightsaber get recovered? His blue saber was lost on Bespin along with his hand, and the one he used in ROTJ was green, right? Yet the TFA saber is blue, and it matches the saber style as the one he lost. So is the TFA saber the one that was lost on Bespin? Or did he make another saber, this one blue, after ROTJ?

It fell to the bottom of cloud city not out into the sky like like did.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

504 posted:

Depending how much faith you have in spin off items, the truth of Reys family has been accidentally spoiled by a "connected to star wars" toy for which a promotional shot was released. Simiular to the "Who the Mandarin really was" lego cock up for Iron Man 3.

link?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

lmao talking about Leia's bikini when talking about "wonderous iconic outfits."

its both so i dont see the problem

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I cant decide if I want this version of Dash Rendar to be canon

or this one

or this one

but def not this one

or this one

well maybe this one

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

mycot posted:

This seems like you're parodying/referencing something that actually happened somewhere but I can't figure out what.

Wasnt that the one of the unused endings to terminator salvation

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

OrganizedEntropy posted:

Didn't Kevin smith also say that the Force Awakens made him cry? haha

No he said he got to go to the set and walking around the full scale falcon set made him cry.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The characters all sucked hot rear end tho

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ramadu posted:

How bad is the pandering to China?

one of the x-wing pilots is a panda

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If hes just doing the super laser why is he naming the entire project after his daughter and putting in huge design flaws to other unrelated areas of the station?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Radio! posted:

Has anyone mentioned how loving great it is that Jyn Erso shoots a dude right in the dick in a movie that alt-right manchildren have been complaining is too ~SJW-y~? Because it's pretty loving great.

no because noone cares about poo poo like that

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Also, they willingly just killed their own men with no issue what so ever.

Tarkin and Palpatine seem to have that in common

https://youtu.be/9JLOcquqyJI?t=40s

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

And now her mom just had a stroke. Jesus

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

i expected han to hit it and quit it

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lucas is the quintessential idea man where he knows what plot points and beats he wants to hit and generally how things will end but when it comes to dialog and the specifics of everything else he basically throws up his hands and wings it. Which is why his movies where he has total control suck so bad and why "Idea man" isnt a real job anyone will pay you to be

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

homullus posted:

Do you understand why the "director's cut" is released after the movie has been in the theater?

90% of "directors cuts" are "lets reinsert a buncha poo poo scenes that were rightfully cut in the first place and get morons to buy this movie a second time."

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Seriously though are Poe and Finn gonna gay down in Ep 8?

no

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

kathleen kennedy should just stop being involved with star wars

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kids love that Pokeman poo poo can we somehow throw that into our new starwar? - Kathleen Kennedy (2015)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I'm pretty sure they were going to sell a poo poo ton of toys regardless

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Canemacar posted:

Is everyone forgetting that was the entire reason we got Ewoks? They're just staying true to the spirit of the original trilogy.

But this movie is supposed to be Not Empire not Not Jedi. The Not Ewoks are a movie too early.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Poe Dameron had a force tree in his back yard when he grew up

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Blowing up the Death Star prob buys a lot of good will. Plus they're so desperate for people they hand out General titles like candy.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Snoke about to drop a sick rear end album

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How loving :effort: is that ship

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Who is funding the First Order to such a ludicrous degree they can afford to design and build so many new monstrosities? That's probably the worst part of all the new "world building."

Snoke supposedly

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Snoke is huge hefner?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What poo poo

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

turns out whedon spent 15 years cheating on his wife with significantly younger actresses that he may or may not have been pressuring into loving him by using his power as a director, and when he finally told his wife about it he blamed it on patriarchy

Hmm i wonder who he hosed on buffy

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The first order is north korea cosplaying as nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ok but where are the porgs? I was promised porgs and that spoiler has not a porg in sight.

• Locked thread