Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm not sure about all the talk regarding Fynn and Poe escaping together in the TIE and crashing on Jakku etc. I'm seeing a distinct lack of Poe in any shots with Fynn and Rey (except one shot with Fynn and Poe outside the rebel base). On top of that, he's not represented as well as the other two on the poster. I just don't know why all these rumors persist about him getting captured and the two of them landing on Jakku, when we only see Fynn by himself or with Rey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Now I'm starting to think they're either cousins or both Luke's kids. It would make more sense if Rey was dropped off on jakku because luke needed to hide.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I got the same feeling, assuming it's the same shot. Also got a peek at Ackbar in the room too.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

63 years or so I think.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Noam Chomsky posted:

Vader does but Anakin didn't.

Anakin used djem so and obi Wan used soresu.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

Being of the Swedish master race, I'll be seeing it Wednesday. I'll be sure to mention it here afterwards.

What's up my across the pond buddy? I'll also see it Weds in Helsinki.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

Awesome!

Answer me this tho: you see it in English over there, right? I don't know how you do translations or subtitles over there.

Yeah in english. I moved here in Aug from the states. Most of their American films are played in english audio, with finnish and swedish subs. Children's movies are usually dubbed in finnish, but occasionally they'll have an english language showing for them (Kubo, for example, had one ENG showing at night when it was here).

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Just got home, very good movie. Would like to see it again because I'm sure I missed a couple things. Little references were subtle enough (I think) they didn't draw you right out of the movie.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Oh I didn't stay after the credits, is there a mid/post credits clip or anything?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

The more I think of it, the more stuff I want to see again. Like the scene where they push two Star destroyers into each other, slicing them apart.

So, if you watch close you can see the hammerhead ship still pushing into the side of the star destroyer when they collide with the station and explode. I thought that was the biggest wtf moment for me, as it seemed entirely unnecessary for that ship to still be there at that point. Idk if it's a modeling thing or what, as you do see a hammerhead ship escape a moment later.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I think obi Wan and anakin go to "the moons of eago" or wherever angels are from.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

But de aging tech is so hot right now!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The speeders look like a B-wing, and I think I saw some A-wing engines in the hanger scene with Poe.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So are those knights of Ren or just new imperial guards with different weapons?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

A lot of what's been posted has me legitimately concerned they're mimicking esb the way tfa did for a new hope, but I'm really hoping snoke ends up as sort of a red herring for a better head honcho.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It's getting ridiculous at this point. They had to know people would call them out on this poo poo immediately right?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Has there been any word on Han fighting giant weasel people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Rush was great y'all don't even know.

• Locked thread