Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Kylo and Rey are more than likely twins and the children of Han and Leia, who they allow to go off and do Jedi training with Luke once they become Force sensitive. Hence the resentment of Rey towards Han & Leia (whose expository speech in the trailers can be explained as him speaking to Finn or someone else who is a bystander) as abandoning their parental responsibilities in favor of the New Republic and smuggling or whatever.

Kylo gets corrupted over to the Dark Side by whoever Andy Serkis is playing, slays all other other Padawans on whatever planet Luke is training them on while Luke is away doing [something], but allows Rey to flee because of sibling connection.

Rey runs and hides on a desert planet, doing salvage work to assuage her desire to know more about her past but still remaining distant and anonymous.

Luke finds out what Kylo did, has a crisis of conscious about his worth as a Jedi Master, hides somewhere.

Kylo is obsessed with Vader due to Serkis's influence and also his own desire to understand the Skywalker legacy.

Finn is more than likely a Force user.

Kylo def kills Han (you can see a shot of Rey crying over his corpse in the most recent trailer).

Luke isn't the villain and TFA probably ends with Rey tracking him down while Finn recuperates/finds a parallel path to being a Jedi, and Kylo licks his wounds/falls further under the influence of Serkis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Whoever Rey is crying over is wearing Chewie's silver bandolier thingy, so it's either Han or Chewie. No way they kill off Finn, the protagonist for the new trilogy, in the first movie. Spoilers have shown him as being injured in his fight with Kylo, but nothing indicates that it's an injury worth weeping over.

I don't think Han and Leia abandoned their kids, rather that they trusted them to Luke and then everything went to hell, and the kids ran off beyond the retrieval of their parents.

Finn might not be an overt Force user, but someone that is Force-sensitive and becomes a Force user as a result of trauma or severe developments.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

Maybe he should have been in movies that weren't absolute dogshit for the past 20 years then

Hey, c'mon now, be fair. Witness was pretty good.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

gohmak posted:

Is Finn a force user?

By all indications there's no solid evidence for it yet (beyond his affinity for flying and shooting and basic lightsaber skills), but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Be a good opportunity to show Force users who do their own thing rather than following the Sith or Jedi ideological binary.

• Locked thread