Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can we please, just, take a minute to talk about the issues in gaming? Can we just do that? Please? Can we take some time, to discuss the issues in gaming? It seems like we never just step back to discuss the issues in gaming. But I think we need to. I think it's time that we discussed the issues in gaming. Maybe, can we, just, be serious for a second? Guys? Come on. Let's just all stop the funning and jokery and have a frank discussion about the issues in gaming. Please. We need to just have this discussion, about, the issues in gaming. Okay? Can we do that? Can we do that before this becomes a thing? Is it a thing that we don't discuss the issues in gaming? If that's a thing, then we need, to get serious and take a minute to discuss the issues in gaming.

Thank you. Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i use a lot of tissues in gaming

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well I guess first issue on the agenda is the Xbox One.... no, not the original xbox that came out in 2001, I'm talking about the motherfucking third Xbox, which they called the One for some fucktarded reason.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Well I guess first issue on the agenda is the Xbox One.... no, not the original xbox that came out in 2001, I'm talking about the motherfucking third Xbox, which they called the One for some fucktarded reason.

Does it have the proper amount of RAM... I expect it does, but some of the stories I've heard about the system have made me skeptical.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Does it have the proper amount of RAM... I expect it does, but some of the stories I've heard about the system have made me skeptical.
Amount? Yes. However, I've got a bit of bad news about that...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Does it have the proper amount of ram?"

"Amount, huh? Yes, I've heard discussion of amount around town. What else would you like to talk about?"

"What is your job?"

"Job, huh? I guess I'd give it a good slamming once or thrice."

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's people with your attitude OP, that is the reason this medium will never progress past bro-fisting beer-chugging guilty pleasure schlock.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Does it have the proper amount of ram?"

"Amount, huh? Yes, I've heard discussion of amount around town. What else would you like to talk about?"

"What is your job?"

"Job, huh? I guess I'd give it a good slamming once or thrice."

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I know this thread is all about being funny and jokes haha yeah I know it's great to have a laugh but if we can get serious for a second one of the big problems I have with gaming right now is that theres too many fun games to play and not enough time for all of them.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
We may not.

Thread locked.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Not that I can think of, OP. No issues. Nope. None here. Can't see any issues.

G. Hosafat
Apr 16, 2003

:m10:
Women. Right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

G. Hosafat posted:

Women. Right?
From the videos I've watched, it's not the dead bodies that get to me, it's the suffering of the living who have to witness that death. Screaming children, weeping mothers, captured POWs begging their tormentors to stop torturing them (I don't speak Arabic, but suffering is universal and easy to understand)... those are far more traumatizing. When I see a dead body, at least I know their misery is over.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Amazing the way you managed to capture the experience of reading one of your posts.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont think big head mode is actually funny

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Amazing the way you managed to capture the experience of reading one of your posts.

Wow

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

I'm very concerned about the issues in gaming, OP. I don't know why no one else is talking about them. They are numerous.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The issues are, why are all games bad except for Nintendo and From Software. Who come only these two Japanese companies can make good games anywmore.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

The issues are, why are all games bad except for Nintendo and From Software. Who come only these two Japanese companies can make good games anywmore.

lplatinum is good too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SM64Guy posted:

lplatinum is good too

oh yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

My pawn in Dragon's Dogma was basically Lina Inverse. Stand around yelling, cast a spell for like 20 minutes and explode everything all at once.

The main issue in gaming as I see it is there isn't enough anime in game genres I like.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

The insane swedes on Paradox interactive are badass.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

i dont think big head mode is actually funny

what about DK mode

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I need to pause my gaming sessions to eat and sometimes sleep, this is a real issue that I am having, help?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

My favourite issue in gaming is the Sept 1996 issue of Next Generation Magazine

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

I'm very concerned about the issues in gaming, OP. I don't know why no one else is talking about them. They are numerous.

I'm glad we finally have a safe space to discuss issues in gaming.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

My favourite issue in gaming is the Sept 1996 issue of Next Generation Magazine

A fine vintage

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I stopped renewing my subscription to game informer ages ago so I am not hip to what's in the new issues

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Can we PLEASE discuss KoRn - Issues

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Can we PLEASE discuss KoRn - Issues

Follow the Leader was better.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also the motherfucking Family Values Tour 98 but it was an epic collab with Limp Bizkit, Orgy, Ice Cube and Rammstein

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can we please, just, take a minute to talk about the issues in gaming? Can we just do that? Please? Can we take some time, to discuss the issues in gaming? It seems like we never just step back to discuss the issues in gaming. But I think we need to. I think it's time that we discussed the issues in gaming. Maybe, can we, just, be serious for a second? Guys? Come on. Let's just all stop the funning and jokery and have a frank discussion about the issues in gaming. Please. We need to just have this discussion, about, the issues in gaming. Okay? Can we do that? Can we do that before this becomes a thing? Is it a thing that we don't discuss the issues in gaming? If that's a thing, then we need, to get serious and take a minute to discuss the issues in gaming.

Thank you. Discuss.

This is so important. Thank you so much for posting this.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Also the motherfucking Family Values Tour 98 but it was an epic collab with Limp Bizkit, Orgy, Ice Cube and Rammstein

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

win

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the issue is we haven't had a good skateboarding or snowboarding game in forever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:yeah:

• Locked thread