Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I love a good Secret Santa. I'm in.

A: MJP
B: I will ship internationally. I am located in NJ.
C: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3678195
D: Favorite series: Full Metal Panic, Gundam (didn't like Reconguista, really like Iron-Blooded Orphans, REALLY like any of the main UC canon series, especially Zeta and Unicorn), Area 88, Touhou (in b4 Touhou isn't an anime), Steins;Gate, Idolm@ster, Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront, Nasuverse stuff, Ace Combat series (basically anything with modern military aircraft is my jam)
E: I love gunpla and am always happy to receive an unconventional Gundam, Macross, or other interesting Japanese or domestic SF model kit. I'm not keen on poseable figures and any non-posable figure I'd want would be way too expensive, unless you're a rich goon. I love subtly nerdy T-shirts or polo shirts. Liquor is more than OK, 18+ is not OK. No Kancolle, please. Just not big on it.
F: I love to cook, and I LOVE getting interesting regional food specialities, spices, etc. Something that's only common to your area - a certain ingredient, a brand of stuff, etc., is always cool. Hot sauce is wonderful too, especially unconventional kinds that you don't find at the grocery store. Or snacks, baked goods, whatever. Interesting edibles is always a thing. I'm big on craft beer too, or cider, mead, wine, if there's a local winery or something. I'm into cyberpunk sci-fi, just no physical books - I have a Kindle for my commute. I also love building plastic aircraft and SF models, just no Revell/Monogram - they tend to suck compared to normal kits. I also play Android: Netrunner.
G: Shirt size US mens' medium

MJP fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gah, forgot to post. My Secret Santa target's getting stuff sent from a vendor, mostly because he (she?) has decent taste and there's no merch available at my local stuff. Enjoy it, target.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
OK, my wife confirms that the box I got was from someone on the internet, with possible smoking crow confirmation. Can we wait to open them? Chanukah starts soon enough and I don't have anything to tear into just yet, so it'd be nice to fry latkes and thank Secret Goon Mensches.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Macdoo posted:

OH poo poo mine just came in the post. check the link below for the first and last episode of MAC'S SICK UNBOXING VIDS (please excuse my reverent, hushed tone of voice).

Wouldn't it rule if that was only part of the shipment and Redbubble had a centralized production setup? Or better yet, at least made it a thing that people knew their sticker and shirt production setups were in different physical locations?

That would kinda rule

Watch the post, pip pip cheerio spot of tea guv'nor meat pies royal family full English breakfast

Other notes, I have a bunch of boxes from Amazon that I don't recall ordering, so I had the wife check them for poison/sarin as per normal unexpected parcel process. She didn't die (yet) so unless Amazon got gud at persistent nerve agents, she tells me that they are all from one Secret Santa, likely a goon.

They've been put into a single bag, and since I celebrate Chanukah, I'm going to draw one each night starting Monday night.

HYPENUKKAH INTENSIFIES

Edit: on the first night of Chanukah my VEGETA Secret Santa gave to me...

A lovely blue gift box!

It's gonna be fun opening a bunch of boxes. I honestly haven't had the one-gift-per-night thing since I was really, really young - like 11, maybe 12 tops. After that age Chanukah just becomes Decemberbration, unless your family's fairly observant, which mine (thankfully) only was until I got bar mitzvahed. Thanks for bringing up some very pleasant holiday-time feelings, Senerio!

YES! I have just the Gunpla project in mind for this bad boy.

First Reimucoaster approves, but R-Gyagya's approval doesn't come easily. Triumphant first night!

MJP fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 7, 2015

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

The main reason you got that one was because none of the gifts I had purchased came with gift options (so they wouldn't be wrapped or have any way of identifying myself). Beyond that, you will be getting one more package (which I recommend opening last). Amazon says Tuesday. Then PM me and I'll send you the last item.

:ohdear:

I might just have to make latkes to turn up the Chanukah. Given the quantity I'll be spacing 'em out to ensure eight ~crazy~ nights.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Based Senerio is knocking it out of the park this Festival of Lights

I was all "YES IT'S THE HYAKURI"

Sidenote: puberty hit Fumina like a loving brick, yo, and somehow she found a LEV

Anyway thank you again Senerio, I seriously hope you didn't spend too much on me :-(

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Macdoo posted:

I've just received a second gift. A reinforced envelope addressed to a Mac Doo. Unpacking video coming NOW IT'S HERE WOW COOL UNPACKED UNZIPPED UNLOCKED THE GIFTENING APPROACHETH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el_w0xQjErI

There is one more coming in the post
Stay tuned

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's the 5th (I think) night of Goonukkah! I didn't go for any presents the night before last and last, because I caught bronchitis and didn't want to haul my rear end the gently caress out of bed thanks to the meds and poo poo.

I sense a theme here and there was a box I've not yet opened that's p big, at least according to my wife, who's kept watch over these so I don't sneak peeks

:ohdear:

There's still a couple more!

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Macdoo, did they not send you the last sticker yet? D:

Next to last thingy from Senerio who is the best secret santa senpai someone

SPACE PIRATE MAFIA HELL YEAH

I'm gonna paint the other one red with a white middle so I can have a Hyakuren and Stimpy

:rimshot:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

You forgot the link I PMmed you.

Oh right, my bad. That'll be night 7, tomorrow night.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Goonukkah's next-to-last night is tonight!

This night it's literacy! Sweet, I can dump these onto my Kindle for when I'm done with my rereading of William Gibson real soon!

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get a chance to take a photo of my final Goonukkah gift but it's a 1/1000 model kit of the Yamato from Space Battleship Yamato 2199! O_O

I guess I should probably watch the series, huh

THANK YOU SENERIO ONCE MORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Glad it came, I was worried it was lost somewhere in the pond. Cheerio, as they say, merry Crimbo pip pip cheerio guv'nor

Nobody freaking sold the shirt itself, otherwise I'd have gotten you that

• Locked thread