Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A. ZepiaEltnamOberon

B. Yes, I am willing to ship international. Well, less willing and more like I have to if I want to participate. I live in Korea so everywhere is international for me.

C. I'm a very nonactive member of VEGETA. More of a lurker. I do post a bit in the My Hero Academia thread though. Also in the One Piece thread.

D. I'm all about Love Live. Other series I am fond of include Kill la Kill, the -monogataris, One Piece, My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Gatchaman Crowds (haven't seen Insight), and slice of life stuff shows such as GochiUsa, YuruYuri, Nichijou, Nichibros, Koufuku Graffiti, and Code Geass.

E. I like books, mostly fantasy. Could use a series that I haven't read yet. I've recently become a big Love Live person so anything featuring a character that isn't Honoka, Kotori, or Hanayo could be nice. Not fond of robots or science fiction in general. Also not a K-On! person or a KyoAni person in general (Nichijou being an exception). I'm also living in Korea, so if you find shipping to be a pain in the rear end just gift me something digital, like a digital book or a game. God knows I could use an excuse to install Steam after not having logged on for like, 1.5 years. I'll even :tox: myself to play the game and beat it within two months if it's suitably short. I'm okay with getting liquor or 18+ items. I don't drink alcohol too often though. And I'd have to hide the 18+ stuff.

F. I am a sad person with not many hobbies. Reading (mainly fantasy or humor), watching movies (mainly humor), and gaming (PS3, 3DS, Vita, but I buy all my PS stuff digitally) are pretty much it. I have started collecting figures but that's a dangerous hobby. I am thinking about learning to cook so an entry-level cookbook could be nice. Foreign foods are also cool as long as they do not contain mushrooms because gently caress mushrooms. I don't have a particular type of music that I like or dislike; as long as it sounds pleasing to my hears I'm fine and I'm sure I can always find at least one song on an album to enjoy. Please do not send me anything that will require me to have to explain to my family that no, I am not insane.

G. I'm very fat. Probably XXXL or whatever. The best Christmas gift would be convincing a Korean publisher to translate Jitsu Wa Watashia Wa so if you can just do that I'd be very grateful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to probably send in my gift next week cause I'm waiting for stuff to arrive.

Dunno how long it'll take to go from Korean to [INSERT SANTEE COUNTRY HERE] but hopefully it won't be before the end of the year.

I underestimated budgeting costs, a ha ha. Still a learning experience though, and I can finally use my card for online shopping now, which is a major plus for me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A ha ha turns out I got my SS gift today. My dad picked it up and didn't know who it was for. I didn't even bother looking at it cause I didn't think my SS gift would arrive so early and I don't really get deliveries often. Nobody in my family knew who it was for cause it was addressed to Zepia. I only found out now cause my mom looked at it and asked if I'd ordered it cause I'm the only person in my family who's liable to get something from Japan.

I'm not gonna open it until Christmas. Haven't even sent out my SS gift yet anyways.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
At first I thought my mom said Zenpia so I looked it up and halfway into typing out on Google I realized, "Hey, that looks like Zepia!"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Tell them to read it backwards

:vince:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Phobophilia posted:

everyone should post their swag as soon as they get them

Screw you I'm waiting till Christmas.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gonna get the last bits for my SS over the weekend and then figure out how to send packages overseas because I have never done this stuff.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Strange Quark, more like... STRAY BARK!!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope to be able to send the gift out today. Probably will be today. Unless I get lazy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goddammit the box is too big.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sent!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My gift has arrived in the country and is now in USORDA, which I assume means that it has traveled from Chicago to the District Attorney of Oregon in the span of 5 minutes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

that means it's in customs iirc

Mmmph.

I'm told that it normally takes 3 ~ 5 days to reach the addressee but the person at the counter did warn me that it would probably take longer than that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow that arrived earlier than I thought.

Didn't even finish the guide.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

I'm the nam tab

:vince: :vince: :vince:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Droyer my boy-er is my phrase of the day.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

i guess we were supposed to say who the secret santa was on the gift? well either way droyer found out who it was immediately so i'll just post here so people know i gave my stuff: i was droyers santa

I have no idea sent me my gift and it's tormenting me to this day.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still amazed that Space knew it was me who sent him gifts.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yay :boom: :boom: :boom: !

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't recognize the symbol but I'm going to assume it's a Gundam hat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zep's pretty much a Gundam pro now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Amstrad posted:

Oh man, that looks really cool.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

What the poo poo? What the hell was so racy in Nichijou that it needed a label?

Freaky stuff with goats.

You know, hardcore wrestling and all that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's tempting to open my gifts but Christmas is only 4 days away.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Merry Christmas Festive Ougi.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Christmas here in Korea and I have opened my Secret Santa gift!!!!!

Sorry for the poo poo quality. I hardly ever take pictures with my phone and I upload them even less. Pictures are mainly for me to remember stuff to look up later, like books or restaurants.

The package, from Japan. I have a name, but no avatar to connect to it.

Inside was a neatly wrapped package! With French words!

I'd like to make it clear that I did my best to preserve the shape of the wrapping but I suck balls at unwrapping stuff. A Maki thing! One of my Top 2 Love Live singers! Tossup between Maki and Eli, really. I probably like Maki more but Eli's solo is my favorite single, bar none. It's terribly adorable.

But wait, there's something underneath it...

A single! I am loving pumped. I have never owned a music CD in my life! And it's Love Live! And it's a recent one! And apparently it comes with a code for a promo SR for the School Idol Festival app! Which I play!

Here they are along my only 2 other anime (for a loose definition of anime) goodies. The Maki figure actually comes with a bobble head option. You can either lock her head in a fixed position or let it bobble 24/7. Obviously I see no reason not to go with the bobble. She's bobbling away even now!!!! :3:

Heck, I took the picture while her head was bobbling!

Thanks a lot to my Secret Santa and I'm sorry I kept you waiting 3 weeks before I finally opened my gift! I love it!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sure, but I'll hafta post my NNID later cause I got family lunch plans.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait a loving second Phob is in Japan.

Phob, were you my SS?????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Phobophilia posted:

is this supposed to float on the top

Wait did you put the tea cakes inside a cup of tea?

Is that how it's supposed to be eaten?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Or maybe he could use the ingredients you gave him to make Canada's specialty - Cooked Wild Rice with Glazed Maple Syrup.

The sugary stickiness of the maple syrup lets you enjoy the wild rice in decadently rich clumps that combine the sweetness of life under the sun and the raw chewiness of the wild itself.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

I will probably try this at some point too :)

Please don't I am making that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Though to be seriously I wonder if wild rice and maple syrup could be used to make some high-class Rice Krispies.

• Locked thread