Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

It's the most wonderful time of the year! The nights are getting longer, the air is getting colder and anime girls are instinctively putting on santa suits. Christmas is coming! Why spend the holidays with your normie family when you could give gifts to fellow otaku? Send gifts to your anime friends through the Vegeta Secret Santa!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXF6PE1Ng8

Schedule
Signups begin as soon as the thread is posted. Signups end on Thursday, November 26, American Thanksgiving, as soon as turkey is served at my house, so around noon EST. You will get your assignments after football ends, so around 11pm-12am EST. You will have two weeks to get presents out. Your presents should be sent out by December 10th. Why is this? Because it takes a long time for things to arrive, especially to and from Australia if shipped internationally. If you have not received a gift by January 15th, contact me and I will make things happen.

The Rules
  1. You must have a reg date before December 2014, so a full year of posting.
  2. You must provide a link to a thread in Vegeta where you are a regular poster in your sign up post.
  3. If you do not send a gift, you will receive a month's probation and a redtext telling everyone how horrible you are.
  4. Recommended price range for store bought items is $15-$20. Feel free to spend more or less if your gift is good. This does not apply to homemade items like paintings, crafts, short stories or music .
  5. Most of all, before you send something, ask yourself, "if the roles were reversed, would I accept this gift?" If you cannot in good conscious say yes, do not send that gift.

Signing up
Here's how it works. If you want to sign up, you should post in this thread. Make sure you read this carefully because if you don't you might not get a gift, or worse, you might get probated. That post should include:
  1. Your forums name
  2. Whether you want to ship international. This means if you are willing to ship to a country outside of your area. When you sign up put which continent you live on (if it's North America put the country). You will be given assignments based on your location. This will be your version of domestic shipping.
  3. A link to a thread in Vegeta where you are an active contributor.
  4. What are your favorite series? (It doesn't have to be just anime and manga! Anything related to Japan is fair game.)
  5. What things do you want to receive? What don't you want to receive? (So, what do you want? Do you like figmas? Enjoy a Bluray? What about the opposite? Make sure you are specific because you might get a bad present if you're not! Make sure you say whether you're ok getting liquor or 18+ items!)
  6. Other non-anime/manga/toku things you're interested in. (So, your real life hobbies. You do have those, right?)
  7. Other things you think are necessary. (Shirt sizes, special preferences, etc.)
You should then send an email with the subject VEGETA Secret Santa- your forums name containing your shipping details to SmokingCrowSA@gmail.com.
YOU MUST DO BOTH. IF YOU DO ONE AND NOT THE OTHER YOU WILL NOT GET A GIFT!

So call in that KFC, take that cake out the oven and get ready for Christmas Japan style! Merry Christmas!
Remember to be like this guy:

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Smoking Crow

International? Yes. USA

Monster Girl Central

Favorite Series- Girls und Panzer, Godzilla, Sailor Moon, City Hunter, Detective Conan, anything by Satoshi Kon, Franken Fran, FMW, New Japan Pro Wrestling, Ryuunosuke Akutagawa.

Things I am ok receiving- Figmas, Blurays, manga, wallscrolls, CDs, books, shirts, video games, douj, anything really! As long as it's a good gift. 18+ is ok. Things I'm not ok receiving- key chains, anything smaller than a good sized figma (no nendroids!), liquor, anything to do with drugs, model kits, most things to do with robots sorry!!

Other things I'm interested in: History, especially the Roman Empire and Pre-Norman Britain, sports (steelers for american football, penguins for hockey, pirates for baseball), pro wrestling, pinball, fight games, classic arcade games

Misc.- Shirt size=American Large, Region 1 Blurays.

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 18, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Droyer posted:

Would it be possible to gift each other digital stuff? I'd love to join in but international shipping is hella steep.

Yes, but I'd prefer it if you sent something physical. Please make a good try to send something physical!

Strange Quark posted:

Does Hawaii count as outside the US for shipping purposes? I dunno how rates work here.

It counts as US.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Namtab posted:

One assumes we're allowed to make use of American amazon or w/e

As long as it reaches the intended person it's fine. No smuggling tho!!!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Poll: do you guys think there are enough people signing up to warrant a region list? Like USA, EUROPE, AUSTRALIA, ASIA each with their own dedicated shipping lists?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Droyer posted:

I'd sign up if there was

there already is a provisional europe only sign up sheet it's in the op

i mean for australians

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Fine

DECREE OF GOD
When you sign up put which continent you live on (if it's North America put the country). You will be given assignments based on your location

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

FirstAidKite posted:

If Smoking Crow needs KCB to quote this to confirm it, I can have her do that in the morning when she's awake.

I don't care

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I will only send you a message if you gently caress something up in registration

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

POLL:

When you receive your gift are you going to

A) open it immediately
or
B) wait until Christmas/Hanukkah/whenever you open presents this holiday season

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Secret Santa is tomorrow!!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Santa just showed up on my tv screen in the Macy's parade; signups are over!

Space Flower, you have 10 hours to send me your shipping details or you're out!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

All Santas are out! If you didn't get one, contact me asap!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Congratulations to the lucky poster who's getting a gift from dilbert

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

littleorv posted:

Crow. If someone falls through and you need an alternate let me know. It'll be straight from the retailer though and I don't need to receive anything.

Sorry, tentative_8e8op already volunteered so you're second alternate

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Radio Spiricom, your secret santa would like to know if books would be ok

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

You guys know you're supposed to post pics of your gift right

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

yeah if you give me your real name i tell your santa

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Radio Spiricom posted:

got a cool shirt from my secret santa, smoking crow himself!!

i hope you like it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

It's 12/10. Why haven't you sent your gift yet?

If you haven't sent out a gift, do so post haste. If you have a legitimate reason for waiting, email or pm me

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Space Flower posted:

A package for Space Flower? For me!? What's inside???

Customs' attempts to ruin the holiday spirit are wasted on me. I can't read Korean.

Oh. my god. Look at all of this! Christmas came!

The candy has mascots so you know it's top shelf.

The full smorgasbord. Candy as far as the eye can see. Doesn't look that way to you? Did you know if you laid your body's blood vessels end-to-end, they would wrap around the world twice? Then, imagine how much candy is stored in these bags of holding. And that box. No, wait...

It's Hiei! The second oldest of the Kongou sisters (therefore the second-oldest ship in KanColle!). The Kongou class was designed by British architects—that's why they value their tea time! Her signature headpiece is a reference to her superstructure mast, a prototype that that was later used in the design of the Yamato-class. Don't let her cook.

Obligatory "I'm not self-conscious!!!!!!!!" shot.

Neither is Patchy! (Hiei's gonna sit up here now)

Hm? Entering this reveals...

Wow. I got the freakin' Zep guide to candy and maid cafes. Now I know how to enjoy this candy. Knowledge is the true power.

Meeeeeeerry Christmas!! Thank you so much Zeppy!

(End note: The Minnesota half of my package goes out tomorrow with a note letting my Santee know the anime portions are late to arrive because holy crap Amazon holiday shipping. I hope they can feel the excitement I felt today!)

Thanks Kenneth

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Space Flower posted:

A package for Space Flower? For me!? What's inside???

Customs' attempts to ruin the holiday spirit are wasted on me. I can't read Korean.

Oh. my god. Look at all of this! Christmas came!

The candy has mascots so you know it's top shelf.

The full smorgasbord. Candy as far as the eye can see. Doesn't look that way to you? Did you know if you laid your body's blood vessels end-to-end, they would wrap around the world twice? Then, imagine how much candy is stored in these bags of holding. And that box. No, wait...

It's Hiei! The second oldest of the Kongou sisters (therefore the second-oldest ship in KanColle!). The Kongou class was designed by British architects—that's why they value their tea time! Her signature headpiece is a reference to her superstructure mast, a prototype that that was later used in the design of the Yamato-class. Don't let her cook.

Obligatory "I'm not self-conscious!!!!!!!!" shot.

Neither is Patchy! (Hiei's gonna sit up here now)

Hm? Entering this reveals...

Wow. I got the freakin' Zep guide to candy and maid cafes. Now I know how to enjoy this candy. Knowledge is the true power.

Meeeeeeerry Christmas!! Thank you so much Zeppy!

(End note: The Minnesota half of my package goes out tomorrow with a note letting my Santee know the anime portions are late to arrive because holy crap Amazon holiday shipping. I hope they can feel the excitement I felt today!)

edit that first image out

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 10, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Strange Quark posted:

Why'd you quote it twice then Crow

i hosed up :(

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I got a gift!

Thanks yes_cantaloupe!!!

(did you say there was more?????)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

got a package and mysteriously this started playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_RZhh44NY

now i can't ever turn my back on a friend again

thanks, cantaloupe

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ATTENTION:

boom boom boom has received his gift

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

FirstAidKite posted:

What did he receive

no idea

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Uhh going to be an rear end here but can I contact my ss? poo poo might have been returned due to a delay in my apartment lease change

i alerted your secret santa

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

boom boom boom says he got this

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

y'all know the deadline for probations is january 15th, right

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED A GIFT, SAY SO NOW.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bad Seafood posted:

Since it's nearly February I'm gonna go ahead and assume everyone delivered unless Crow PMs me otherwise.

not yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Namtab posted:

Yo smoking crow I'm gonna let you judge these. Post the winners itt

Best gift goes to first aid kite and best post goes to terranon

Thread over

• Locked thread