Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Would it be possible to gift each other digital stuff? I'd love to join in but international shipping is hella steep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

Poll: do you guys think there are enough people signing up to warrant a region list? Like USA, EUROPE, AUSTRALIA, ASIA each with their own dedicated shipping lists?

I'd sign up if there was.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Droyer
Europe. Would prefer not to ship outside of Europe
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746278
Patlabor, Giant Robo, Turn A gundam
DVDs or Blurays would be cool. Shirts would be cool too. Feel free to send me 18+ stuff as long as it isn't gross. Not music. Although I do like building models I already have most of what i want, so probably not that either. I doubt anyone would do this, but no food/edible stuff either. That includes alcohol.
I like video games, platformers and rpgs mostly. Nintendo games especially.
I'm an M in size, although that fluctuates a lot between countries. Region 2 dvds

Droyer fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 26, 2015

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

he's not sending them out until the 26th i thought

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

POLL:

When you receive your gift are you going to

A) open it immediately
or
B) wait until Christmas/Hanukkah/whenever you open presents this holiday season

Immediately

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I already know what I'm gonna do for the gift but kcb is still deciding what to get, hopefully they enjoy it! :)

Congratulations to the poster that gets the hentai demon lady

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna head into town next week and look for stuff there, so expect my gift to be sent out sometime next week

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

My package has been dropped off at the post office.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Parallax posted:

I'm the how to take a screenshot tab

I'm the hentai tab

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

My package has arrived!

Will make an unboxing post soon

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

When I checked the mail today I had a mysterious package waiting for me!

How exciting!

Inside it I found...

Two envelopes and newspaper hiding greater treasures!

Inside the envelope labeled DROYER is a nice handwritten poem. After several attempts and a little help I think I managed to decipher your handwriting :cheeky:

Inside the envelope were some super cool anime and Dinosaur Comics stickers!

Sup?

Digging deeper I found the girl promised in the letter

And it's a sweet fig of Ginrei from Giant Robo! A super good anime that you, the person reading this, should definitely watch.

Further inside was this mysterious dvd cage, which seems to have a girl version of me on the backside? very strange.

And this was what inside. Consider it done.

And finally a picture of me holding my gifts.

Thank you, mysterious benefactor(nowhere did it state who my SS was, but I have a theory)! This was super cool, and I promise to find Ginrei a good home amongst my robots! Also I'm sorry if i was difficult to find a gift for, I realized afterwards that I basically wrote "don't do this, don't do that" in my post. I really appreciate this, and I hope you have a happy holiday!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

They're good on fries and seafood, particularly.

Please don't eat the mod

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I don't recognize the symbol but I'm going to assume it's a Gundam hat.

it is

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AgjUogZNHQ

Here's the overly long unboxing of the stuff Droyer sent me. We've eaten all the sweeties (the soft santa things were great), and drank the JULMUST with an indian takeaway the night the stuff arrived. Really enjoyed reading GITS as well - interesting to see how it was different to the films and series.

I've had to hide the little Mamegoma thing from my cats because they bodyslam it whenever they see it.

Cheers, droyer!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! To be honest i feel a bit bad about getting you a manga instead of something more creative. I was hoping i could find a small tachikoma toy or something, but no luck.

Also, what did you think of the julmust? I'd love to hear a non-swede's perspective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

I was very happy with the gifts.

I liked the julmust - the malt and spices give it a nice festive taste, although it's a bit too sweet for me to have frequently. I suppose the closest thing I've had to it would be root beer. It would go well with rum.

On the wiki article it said that some people buy it in glass bottles and age it for a year - have you done that?

I have not, nor was I aware that was done

• Locked thread