Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does Hawaii count as outside the US for shipping purposes? I dunno how rates work here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
A. Strange Quark

B. USA. I'd prefer not to ship international, but could if needed.

C. The chat thread mk. x.

D. Gintama, Ace Attorney, Atlus franchises (Etrian Odyssey, SMT, Trauma Center), Okami, I dunno, here's my MAL.

E. Books of any kind, including manga or doujinshi. 18+ or skeevy stuff is okay if it's BL not conspicuous or excessive. I don't like gore. I'm fine with clothing as long as it's not too flashy. Blu-rays, DVDs, CDs, and video games (PC/3DS/Wii U/PS3) are fine, though I don't have any means of playing them at the moment unless they're digital. I'm cool with figures or toys as long as they don't take up too much space. Any non-spicy food is okay. No liquor, drugs, etc.

F. I study astronomy, so space is cool as well as any generic science/math stuff.

G. American region for physical media. T-shirt size unisex S.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 27, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just make a thread for Dilbert to hand out avs as capriciously as he wants imo

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Smoking Crow posted:

POLL:

When you receive your gift are you going to

A) open it immediately
or
B) wait until Christmas/Hanukkah/whenever you open presents this holiday season

I'm going to be out of state from before Christmas until after New Year's, so immediately is pretty much the only option.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I couldn't find anything interesting in the shops here so I'll be sending my gift straight from Amazon.

e: 2-day shipping, so it'll probably get there around the 30th.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 29, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Amazon says my gift's been delivered. Hope you find it, santee.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're welcome and I'm glad you liked it, Tarranon. :)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

awesome gift, Squark! :3:

Dog crew represent. :cheerdoge: Thanks!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe Zepia just got doxxed.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Smoking Crow posted:

edit that first image out

Why'd you quote it twice then Crow

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
An auspicious day for a package to arrive. :toot: I was a little bit worried I might miss it, since I'd be going out of state on Thursday.

I got space stuff! First up is a star guide with the sky in the standard equatorial coordinates.

The top yellow piece moves around and it's a cool visual showing off the circumpolar stars (and reminding me I need to study for my final tomorrow, aha). It is only valid for 30 to 60 degrees in latitude, which is a bit too far to the north for Hawaii, but it's perfect for my hometown in Ohio. Professional observational astronomy is mostly just inputting commands on a computer, but this is great for any amateur stargazing.

And secondly, hey, it's that original book I watched a neat movie of! I've also heard good things from the other grad students here who've read it too, so it'll be interesting to see its differences. It's something to keep me occupied on my ~12 hours of flights.

Thank you very much for the gifts, secret Santa!

My desk is a mess, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ryand-Smith posted:

I sort of looked up your address because I needed the ZIP code to mail out the first box (more things are inbound), and I saw you were at an astronomy place (you guys are cool), and I thought "space poo poo,". More poo poo is inbound (PLAY ASIAAAAAA!)

Oh, exciting! I'm on vacation for three weeks, so I'm probably going to miss it until the second week of January.

I sort of figured you were my secret Santa from your post in the chat thread, since I'm the only one who mentioned what I did, haha.

• Locked thread