Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hi!

1. KNORTH

2. AUSTRALIA, but I'm willing to ship INTERNATIONALLY

3. Chat Thread!

4. Hmm, I really like SHAFT's shows, KyoAni's shows, Yozakura Quartet, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli stuff, Mushishi and Harvest Moon!

5. Umm, so I'd be happy with pretty much anything; manga/doujinshi, a dvd, a cd/vinyl, art (I don't really think much of promotional stuff but if it's good art, I'm open to it :)), cute figures or plush toys, interesting snacks or food, something homemade, books or clothes and accessories (like with art, straight-up branded stuff probably isn't going to get used but if it's cool, go for it!). I only have a DS so games are kind of out, don't have anything that can play blu-rays either. Also open to 18+ stuff, I guess, although really not fan of violence or gore (unless there's something else really remarkable about it), alcohol is fine though! :)

6. I like cute plants and animals(all of them are cute btw)! :) I read a bit (mostly classic lit. but trying to get more history/non-fiction) and I love independent, different and interesting music! Also pretty into foreign and/or old films! I enjoy eating traditional/local food, snacks or drinks that I can't get here too!

7. Allergic to shellfish and my clothing size is whatever the equivalent of XS is

Thank you :)

Knorth fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Smoking Crow posted:

POLL:

When you receive your gift are you going to

A) open it immediately
or
B) wait until Christmas/Hanukkah/whenever you open presents this holiday season

Hadn't really thought about it but immediately, I guess. Unless instructed otherwise :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

awesome gift, Squark! :3:

:yeah:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Smoking Crow posted:

It's 12/10. Why haven't you sent your gift yet?

If you haven't sent out a gift, do so post haste. If you have a legitimate reason for waiting, email or pm me

The last piece /finally/ arrived so I'll be sending out later today or tomorrow :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:)

I hope you like everything :) Have a good Christmas!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I got a thing!

There's stuff in this thing!

Cute stuff and sweet stuff!

Thank you, Space Flower, I love it! :glomp: also, what is everything? or where is it from, rather? :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Space Flower posted:

Oh my gosh! Now I'm relieved, because the USPS tracking went dark on me before even leaving the country. Was gonna message you when it came into town, but I wanted to give you a bit of Minnesota. You've got maple sugar and syrup from this year's sugar tapping, and wild rice from our lakes, harvested by yours truly! You can use the sugar as is, or boil it down and make candy. If you haven't had wild rice before, I can ask my grandma for some recipes. It's delicious with venison, but perhaps kangaroo is good too??

Ahh that's awesome, thank you so much! :tem: And yeah, I'll take any recipes you can give :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Or maybe he could use the ingredients you gave him to make Canada's specialty - Cooked Wild Rice with Glazed Maple Syrup.

The sugary stickiness of the maple syrup lets you enjoy the wild rice in decadently rich clumps that combine the sweetness of life under the sun and the raw chewiness of the wild itself.

I will probably try this at some point too :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Though to be seriously I wonder if wild rice and maple syrup could be used to make some high-class Rice Krispies.

It sounds like a thing that would work, Maple Syrup Wild Rice Pudding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Space Flower posted:

I'll ask her for recipes when she's back in two days... also lol, I've only ever used syrup on pancakes.

I hope you like the manga!! My plan was originally to get Aria because it's the best, but it seemed like everywhere I checked was doing the same weird gimmick where they priced volume 1 and 3 at under a dollar, but then priced volume 2 at $60-70. Jesus.. . .

Oof, jeez manga prices are silly

I read through the first two periods of Seki when I opened it and it seems pretty charming! And really looking forward to sitting down with that NNB manga :tem:

• Locked thread