Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

peter gabriel posted:

It's not Cryengine, they just have to say it's Cryengine because of the license they have with Cryengine to use Cryengine, it's actually Star Engine :smug:

Even though it is now referred to as the star engine :smuggo: by me.....I refer to it as the star engine....even though no one else does :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

Impressive. Totally unrelated question: Can Sith use the Jedi mind trick?

Are you thinking about me right now?
I did that using the Jedi Mind Trick From StarEngine

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Even though it is now referred to as the star engine :smuggo: by me.....I refer to it as the star engine....even though no one else does :smuggo:

MOM IT'S NOT CRYENGINE IT IS STAR ENGINE GODDDDDD

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Also that rafa mitsuey guy is the one who said : "We don't need a release date or promises, we have dreams" With absoloutely no shame or irony on a youtube video.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Bait and Swatch posted:

I never found it, but it looked like they deleted a lot of the older fan fiction threads

It wasn't on RSI, it was here in one of our SC threads (Probably the most recent previous one, or this one) because it featured Derek Smart.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Also that rafa mitsuey guy is the one who said : "We don't need a release date or promises, we have dreams" With absoloutely no shame or irony on a youtube video.

Yeah man he rocks

I mean I honestly don;t care what it's called but even just a quick Google of Starengine produced gently caress all

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
But Starengine and Cryengine are nothing alike. Cryengine works.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

But Starengine and Cryengine are nothing alike. Cryengine works.

And exists

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

And the guy who produced this absolute gem, that made me look it up again when I remembered him from this:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

It's not Cryengine, they just have to say it's Cryengine because of the license they have with Cryengine to use Cryengine, it's actually Star Engine :smug:

Star Engine: We took Cryengine and made it worse.

No, seriously, it's actually worse.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuctifino posted:

I singled out those three, because they were the roots of SC's creation.

I thank everyone who has been stirring the sea of poo since its creation, including you.... xxx

Nice save. OK, I can live with that. :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wafflz posted:

No, seriously, it's actually worse.

Actually they made it better :smug:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I may sometimes tell people I reported them just because I find it funny.
I am a literal child

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im cultiest on wednesdays

friday is off

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

Actually they made it better :smug:

Chris Roberts is the Kilgrave of the real world.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Madcosby posted:

im cultiest on wednesdays

friday is off

Same here, hey, we may be in the same cult!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

And the guy who produced this absolute gem, that made me look it up again when I remembered him from this:

He's the revolver ocelot of star citizen, doublecrossing everyone, even himself. :ocelot:

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 6, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

it's not gamebryo it's the creation engine!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I wonder if any Shitizen has tried to write off their :airquote: donations :airquote:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah man he rocks

I mean I honestly don;t care what it's called but even just a quick Google of Starengine produced gently caress all

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/roadtovr/star_citizen_to_refocus_on_vr_support_in_early_2016/#comment-2436903344

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Has Chris-R ever explained why he couldn't get the names of his own characters straight in the Wing Commander movie? Or why the Kilrathi went from being cat-people to lizard-people?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah man he rocks

I did a quick search for it and it seems like it's just a fanwank name they (the fans) came up with themselves to pat the devs on the back, and there's no evidence anyone at CIG has ever called it that: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/285071/star-citizen-engine-starengine

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Holy poo poo lmao, sorry I had to use this.
Will report back with excellent screenshots of justice and hand waving

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I did a quick search for it and it seems like it's just a fanwank name they (the fans) came up with themselves to pat the devs on the back, and there's no evidence anyone at CIG has ever called it that: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/285071/star-citizen-engine-starengine

And this, thank you Citizens o7

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

holy creative accounting batman, even the pentagon would be jealous

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You guys he seems to have stopped replying to me on Youtube :confused:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Derek, how much vent-crawling would you say is present in your games?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

please dont post pictures from my wedding

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

And this, thank you Citizens o7

Oh and someone in that thread links to a dev Q&A where they (devs) repeatedly refer to it as CryEngine.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh and someone in that thread links to a dev Q&A where they (devs) repeatedly refer to it as CryEngine.

OK, see now I am confused because it quite clearly is Starengiha ha ha ha ha ha

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

OK, see now I am confused because it quite clearly is Starengiha ha ha ha ha ha

It is in my headcanon!!!!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Unless she's been telling him off by proxy via Matilda2014. Because drat, Matilda had a lot to say to Beer about THAT topic.

Interestingly, Matilda also had a LOT to say about Beer/Sandi's email exchange in the "Sandi Meltdown" post on /DerekSmart yesterday, too. And, unlike some of her older posts, Matilda was replying in perfectly serviceable English.

Here's one of many volleys with Beer.

Part of the reason I'm hoping Beer will post his exchanges with Sandi in text form is that I really think we're going to see a lot of overlap.

What's more, here is something really interesting that happened after yesterday's Beer email dump. Somebody made a throwaway joke alluding to Matilda being Sandi in month old set of back-and-froths between Matilda and Beer about suicide risks..

Pretty innocuous, right? An allusion to the "Matilda = Sandi" joke in a dead reddit- hardly worthy of comment at all, really. Who is going to see it?

Yet Matilda replied very quickly, and when she did, her garbled english returned in full force, wielding an insult Matilda and (allegedly) Sandi especially love.

I'm sorry, guys. I'm still having trouble shaking this :tinfoil: suspicion that Matilda is Sandi's anonymous rage outlet.

Consider this post from 4 days ago. It's worth noting primarily because of the enormous umbrage Matilda takes at the goings-on here. (Competent English back in force...)

I know many people are assuming Raess/Karl = Matilda, therefore Matilda isn't Sandi. I know there are clearly connections between Karl and Matilda-- yet Matilda REALLY DOES READ LIKE SANDI RANTING. It is really hard for me to imagine how someone who isn't Sandi or closely connected to Sandi could take this much offense to this thread. Matilda feels violated by the posts here-- specifically the ones concerning Sandi-- and in a way that simply doesn't make any sense absent some direct connection to her.

Matilda reads like the unhinged Sandi that The Escapist talked about. Why does this self-declared scientist never post in /science? Why does she only post in /DerekSmart and /StarCitizen? Why does she consider Beer, Bootcha, Melkor (along with 20 some-odd unnamed Goons here), Lizzy, the Escapist and Derek Smart her specific enemies? Why that level of granularity when most spergs just limit their ire to "the goons", "the trolls" or "derek smart and his ilk" or whatever.

Right now, there's a Thesis (Karl/Raess = Matilda) and Antithesis (Matilda = Sandi). But I think we are due for a Synthesis theory soon. I have one that I think makes a lot of sense but I really need to do more digging before I post it...

Yeah, we keep seeing compelling evidence that it's an alt. From what we know of Sandi, it's the sort of thing she would totally do. God I wait to see that woman in a deposition.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Wafflz posted:

CIG really can do the impossible!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

What the gently caress is this "not backer funded, but subscriber funded"? It's all the same pot of money.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek, how much vent-crawling would you say is present in your games?

X-Rebirth has some vent-crawling. Occasionally there's a box with money in it.

Because immersion.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Young Freud posted:

What the gently caress is this "not backer funded, but subscriber funded"? It's all the same pot of money.

It's this amazing thing Citizens do called 'splitting hairs' or 'being obnoxious twats'

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

X-Rebirth has some vent-crawling. Occasionally there's a box with money in it.

Because immersion.

I keep what little fiat currency I still have in boxes in vents, so my mortgage company can't find it and take it away.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

derek when are you going to get a stream going again

I want to see you play some games

Glad you asked. I am planning on doing one for LOD when the upcoming major aircraft update drops. I also want to do one for UCCE as well.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A fan creates a valedictory celebration of the achievements of 2015.

"We are the heroes of our time..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I keep what little fiat currency I still have in boxes in vents, so my mortgage company can't find it and take it away.

Are you posting from Oregan? Should we send snacks?

peter gabriel posted:

It's this amazing thing Citizens do called 'splitting hairs' or 'being obnoxious twats'

*engine

• Locked thread