Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

spacetoaster posted:

Ok, I'm done. I'm not going to look at the list of threads he's started. Too much. TOO MUCH.

BTW this is him talking about a 17 year old he met at a store.

:stare:

are we sure this isn't Aatrek himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Decrepus posted:

When did Derek Smart become John Irenicus.

I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your game fade in the shadow of line of defense?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

Sometimes it's hard to tell what has actually happened from the online court listings, but I don't think he's been to 2 trials. It's likely he's had a hearing to determine that the charges are justified enough for a trial to take place, and a bail hearing somewhere in there. The original trial date was rescheduled, as evidenced by the "Hearing Reset", and the "Hearing Continued" notes. I don't know what "Calendar Call", or the omnibus thing mean, but they are most likely procedural events related to bail, reviewing justification for charges, and other odds and ends involved with charging/imprisoning someone and preparing for actual trial.

He doesn't technically have a trial until the November 14 date.

I vaguely remember from watching a thing that calendar calls are basically meetings to try and set a trial date. I could be wrong.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sickening posted:

Finally, the blog we have all been waiting for. I am sure it will come out "soon".

blog 3.0 will fix everything

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

Nah, man, throw those eggs in with the beets and let them all soak together for at least 3 days. Serve up the eggs and beets together with some cole slaw, and a protein like roasted chicken breast, pork, or an oily fish, and it's fantastic.

Thinking about Pennsylvania Dutch food is making me want to dig out a recipe for some Shoo-Fly pie.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot! Probably not till after the holidays, but I never forget a food suggestion!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:allears:

How the gently caress do any of you not appreciate this? You gotta be jealous that he's hogging all the CitRage

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

trucutru posted:

I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your game fade in the shadow of line of defense?

Stimperor: (something something) "potential"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Citizen bitch slapping is just soo kawaii :3:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Racist AND talking about young girls.

No, you see, I don't hate the Mexican people, I just hate how they collectively live their lives. Totally different from racism.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Just how many reddit accounts does the wulge have anyway

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

I have a feeling at least a few of those "it's" should be "its", but since I'm just as Swedish as everyone else I can't know for sure.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
vanu vanu dance owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsph01k-C4k

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
Did anyone say "that's him in the adolescent" yet?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Derek, if its truly been triple vetted, just tell us (you have 4 sentences or less no hyperlinking) what it is. Something like "CIg hasn't paid taxes and chris is indicted. Will post proof in two weeks"

The whole "I have ELE that's been triple vetted coming soon" is wearing a little thin,

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/59g1r6/didnt_care_at_all_about_this_game_wasnt_even_on/

quote:

Boy oh boy, what a loving surprise this was.

Just so happened to see a article on facebook from PC gamer about this game having a period of time to try the game for free.

So me, not knowing anything about this game and not caring at all about it, as I thought it'll be something I wouldn't like at all, and to add, seeing so many negative post about it on various forums over the years, I decided to download it anyway. It's free, so why not??? I was like, eh, it's something new to play for a while at least, and to my surprise...............O.o HOLY poo poo!!! IS THIS GAME REAL!?

I was just, blown away by this game. I was severely impressed from what I saw and experienced in the game.

I really had a great time in this game. It gained major Kudos when I found out it had native controller support, so I was able to stick with it since I don't game with mouse and keyboard,(living room 60 inch TV with recliner setup) so I was able to game normally in my most comfortable state.

The graphics.....WOW......WWOOOOOWWWWW!! I was surprised at just how detailed and crisp and beautiful everything looked. The bright neon lights, the way the space stations look, how cyberpunk and futuristic the city looked. I went around sight seeing. It was pushing my inteli7 and GTX1080 though. Was getting between 50-60 frames per second in places besides the crusader, was in the mid 20's then.

Flying around in the spaceships, and was so surprised that I could go to a distress beacon from a blown up ship, and saw there was pirates and had to do dog fights, and then had to leave my ship, float over to the becon, and then hear the audio logs about what happened to the people on board, and then float back to the ship. I really felt like I was in actual space, like a real astronaut or something. It was amazing.

AAAAWWW MAN!! THIS GAME!!! I came away more than impressed. And the community was pretty awesome in-game too. We were chatting quite a lot about the game and learned a few new tips and tricks and some people were telling me a lot about the game and its future plans for the game. Im now very excited about this game. It's funny because just two days ago, I had totally forgotten this game even existed, and now im ecstatic about it.

Don't you just love it when a game that you totally wrote off, end up being the most awesome game you've played in a while??? Man, its the best feeling.

Havnet gotten a chance to try any ground combat though. Don't even know how to bring up my guns. Will try to learn where to go to do small arms combat when I next log on.

Just want to give a shout out to the developers of this game. This poo poo is amazing. And im looking forward to it's future.

Can't wait till I get back home from work, so I can go and explorer again and learn more about the game.

Just wanted to give impressions from a person that's completely ignorant about this game. I'm now looking up guides and poo poo. This game got me hooked."

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

zcrow posted:

Did anyone say "that's him in the adolescent" yet?

No. No one did.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

TheLightPurges posted:

Derek, if its truly been triple vetted, just tell us (you have 4 sentences or less no hyperlinking) what it is. Something like "CIg hasn't paid taxes and chris is indicted. Will post proof in two weeks"

The whole "I have ELE that's been triple vetted coming soon" is wearing a little thin,

Pretty much. I'm bored of him.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Those claims are just part of his static reddit signature text.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Flarpy posted:

No. No one did.

Ah good. Because that would be awful.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

spacetoaster posted:

Welp. Added to our drama thread.

read two pages of that and legit have no idea what one thing being said meant... ???

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Deviant posted:

Pretty much. I'm bored of him.

At least when I jerk you guys around its only for a few hours and you get some hot hairy scrotum at the end.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

No, but we have a goon who is doubting that fact. (me)

I just don't think derek has that kind of self control. I think the more likely story is that he put some effort to get it shutdown and has been unsuccessful. So in customary derek/roberts/shitizen fashion, declared that he is merely letting them exist by his good graces. Its funny because :irony: .

Okay derek. :rolleyes:

How can you read this thread and seriously think anyone would want r/dereksmart shut down?

:gary:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Surface Detail for OP

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This game makes me want to loving vomit these days

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Derek screen capped me, and posted me on Reddit, Twitter, and his blog.

Nice :dukedoge:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

his rl daughter is in that video and now I want to curl up in a ball and cry in bed for a month cause that poor kid now has a creepy father but i guess he wont be in her life anymore so that is a blessing

:(

No joke, she says he won't play with her or spend time with her cause he is obsessed with making his retarded crossover space garbage series.

this is too sad, I am legit depressed now. poor kid

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Imagine being the guy whose come back to criticism was this:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7179595/#Comment_7179595

Like, just imagine that being your first thought. They are all loving imbeciles.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TheLightPurges posted:

He just needs legal (:chord:) to bring the ball back one more time, then he'll be sure that he can safely post the blog.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
So is the pedo 10 year banned yet. Because I can't wait for him to join mine, beers, and tom's exclusive club.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

You should see the hosed up people who RP in Star Trek Online.

E.g:

:eyepop:
I'm so glad I've mostly met normal (well, relatively so) people in STO

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
congrats on paying cash for your Polaris, heres an awesome brochure on how it was designed by a pedophile.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Inkel posted:

He just needs legal (:chord:) to bring the ball back one more time, then he'll be sure that he can safely post the blog.

Only after "Legal" has stripped it of all interesting bits and actual evidence.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Finally the many failed attempts to get Lego interested in Star Citizen make sense.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BoredGamerUK/status/791323682903887872

Hey guys another sale.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

That's a ballsy name for a chariot in light of recent developments :eyepop:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
so is this walking corpse of a game still hoping to be raised from the death?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I've been referenced as "some goon" on Reddit. I've finally made it! Thanks Derek.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

D_Smart posted:

...an accused pedo designed a ship that CIG then adopted and ended up selling for $750. It's going to burn even more when the collapse comes and that ship isn't even in the game...

Just stop and read this sentence again. We are so used to this nonsense, that it just struck me as par for the course, but this is shocking.

Pedo designs ship for company contest. Company nabs design, denies it is lifted. Company sells digital image of design for a game that does not exist. Company sets price at $750 real US Dollars, a real life currency earned from real work* in real life. Company openly states that many of the exorbitantly priced images that were paid for, will not actually be in the game they hope to eventually release. Boosted Pedo Cruiser likely on this list. Community does not want to hear about your 'opinion' on pedophelea**.

This is utter madness. I know I am stating the obvious, but I just had to step back and regain perspective on the enormity of this raging dumpster inferno. Dresden comes to mind.

* hahahhahahhahaha, let's be real. We working people actually paid most of this. :(
** There is more than one valid opinion?!?!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Which is the real post?

D_Smart posted:

As I've said before, /r/DS exists because I allow it. And I allow it because it's where they are all quarantined.

Man of Many Aliases posted:

As I've said before - refunds happen because CIG allows them. And they allow them - because the TOS is - IRONCLAD and could defeat any lawyer in a Space Court of Law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
If you unironically tried to shill for Derek in the past few pages you should feel bad in my opinion.

• Locked thread