Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
aww yiss

reddit this, archive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88WL5MX1Co8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0RvCN3gYJA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Concerned Citizen posted:

in my humble opinion derek smart is a very sad individual, and his war with star citizen is just an extension of his desperate desire for any kind of attention he can get

more like concerned star citizen amirite

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Justin Tyme posted:

here's a hot take: star citizen is poo poo

whoa

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

:laffo:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

I'm glad this long national nightmare has come to an end but why in the hell did they feel the need to split my refund between PayPal and Stripe :psyduck:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Also they totally didn't deactivate my account :ssh:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Nicholas posted:

when you get the refund, be sure to let us know who the payor was

PayPal refund was Cloud Imperium Games Coproration, waiting 5 potential days for the CC refund to see where it comes from.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
ahaha loving :lol: so they actually did deactivate my account but since i never logged out of the brown sea i can still post just fine, i just can't access my account settings

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:krad: OPERATION GifThreat IN ACTION :krad:

Ok you guys know the drill (else check your operations manual). We have to save the gifs before reddit gets to them, and we're in a hurry!!!

So, we have to go through all the threads and save every .gif, .jpg, .png, .tif, .obj, .blender, .ico, .mp4, .avi - in short, anything that is not raw text.

:krakken: ASSIGNMENTS :krakken:

bootcha: thread 1, pages 1-330
eonwe: thread 1, pages 330-end
beer4thebeergod: thread 2, pages 1 through 400
peter gabriel: thread 2, pages 400 through end
AP: thread 3
redwalrus: thread 4, pages 1 through 380
sneakyfrog: thread 4, pages 381 through end
3: thread 5, pages 1 through 390
tijuana bibliophile: thread 5, 391 through end
D_smart: thread 6

We NEED to finish this before reddit manages to pull down the entire internet. Sharpen your ctrl's, c's and v's, and repost all images on the private server You need a premium account to see this message.

on it

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

3 posted:

on it

poo poo, ran into some issues on page 122, i think i've been compromised You need a premium account to see this message

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Palpek posted:

:siren: I highly encourage everybody who made a photoshop of that fucken Gary Oldman face to post it in the GBS thread :siren: because there's a high chance it will be goldmined and land on the frontpage:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748544

lmao

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

For four years you have been asking, "who is Chris Roberts?" This is Chris Roberts speaking. I am the man who loves spaceships. I am the man who does not sacrifice his vision or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of money and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Lord Psychodin posted:

Fine. I'm a jackass. Continue to enjoy everything.

aight

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Eonwe posted:

im goku and im going to channel all the frustration about star citizen in the universe into a spirit bomb to power the something awful dot com servers

wish me luck

stay safe citizen ghost

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

Fighting Derek Smart the only way they know how - by throwing money at something.

Proponents of the Lockheed-Martin school of strategic planning, I see.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Full Metal Boxers posted:

Star Citizen: The Image You Are Requesting Does Not Exist Or Is No Longer Available

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

Let's just get a few things straight ;-) (you'll get the pun in a moment)

First, I don't care what someone's gender identity or sexual orientation is. I really don't give a flying gently caress. What I give a flying gently caress about is being deceptive in order to gain notoriety or gain material possessions. If I was homosexual (and for the record I am not) and I was dating someone and I had bought him an iPad so we could keep in contact and then suddenly I found out that he wasn't really gay he was just dating me because I have money and I give gifts to my lovers I'd be pretty pissed.

This person in question asked for financial help to get equipment to do videos for the Star Citizen fan community. They sent a drat expensive camera and some other equipment at the person's request. Admittedly the percentage of single, desperate men is probably higher in the SC community than the average population, but that is no reason to take advantage of them. I can put on a dress too if lonely old men are giving out money, but I won't because I like to think I have integrity. EDIT -- I also think dresses are probably drafty and not comfortable for me since I get cold easily. -- End Edit

Also, I expected to be Goonrathi Fleet Commander and have a Javelin gifted to me by now. You folks are slacking.

dorkpriest, noted expert on gender

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

Not quite hypocrite. I was simply making a joke which was not received well and then when I was in the middle of explaining with a preparation to apologize I was being talked over. When I realized I was dealing with child like maturity. I excused myself since it was time for me to go work out.

Just because Dick Wulf harassed you and your friend doesn't give you permission to be an rear end in a top hat. It's sad that it happened but it's not a license to be a shithead.

As for me not having tact and being an educator? I at least let people finish their sentences before talking over them with bullshit. This is SA not the loving Region ESC where I am dealing with professionals or my students.

I am a dork? Absolutely. I don't really have fucks to give about it. I don't spend my freetime at conventions for games that don't exist and I sure as hell don't spend 1000s of dollars on JPEGS. If you go back and check I've absolutely admitted to spending 182 which I don't need a refund for because I basically expected that money to be flushed down the toilet I made a bet and lost.. At this point I am here for the tears of redditors, dick wulf, and the brown sea at the expense of Derek Smart's retainer lawyers. So far money well spent CARRY ON GOONS :D

Beer and Eowne still the best two goons.

i have a joke too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0uEmeEaDnQ
(it's you)

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

:lol: i missed that the first time
"no guys i post and dress myself like an idiot ironically, you idiots just don't get it. welp, brb lifting weights"

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Eonwe posted:

i like darkpriest personally

eonwe, i love you bro, but speaking as someone who strives to improve his pedagogy and skills as an educator on a daily basis, dorkpriest is a stain on the profession.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

thatguy posted:

Back up in your rear end with an insurrection
It's the Goon harder than an erection
That shows no affection
They wanna ban him for being a shill
Cause it's "Sue mothafuckas, sue mothafuckas!" still

:drat:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Razage posted:

ED is a great game, even our good friend is enjoying it!

Taken moments before I killed him.

Apparently one of our own has an entire system to his name:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Young Freud posted:

You would think that after Daikatana, Duke Nukem Forever, and Half Life 2: Episode 3 that everyone would learn that "when it's ready" means in game developer that it will come out and be the worst thing ever or never come out at all.

Seriously, when has any game that has been released "when it's ready" ever been released and actually been good?

team fortress 2? on release i mean, i haven't played since it turned into hat sim 2015.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

I bet your PDAS appraisals are poo poo. Mine are stellar. I love my job, I love my district, and I am revered in my school by students and staff alike. I give a poo poo about kids and their future. I'm sorry you have a stick up your rear end. I hope you get that treated.

you're arrogant and you refuse to learn from your mistakes; forget about teaching, that makes you a lovely student. everything you've posted has served only to build up the image of that petulant teenager who's been told all their life that they're amazing and their work is fantastic, only to fall to pieces as soon as you receive any pushback whatsoever. anyone who unironically uses the word "revered" to describe their relationship to students and staff is beyond deluded and actively dangerous to education. basically i'm really only putting this much effort into writing this much because unlike you i actually take the craft seriously; you're a piece of poo poo of the highest caliber. also you'd lose that bet unless you somehow think nothing below proficient or exceeds in all domains is poo poo.

in closing:

thatguy posted:

Every time Darkpriest or 3 make a post about teaching I will write another parody verse of Geto Boys - Still.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

thatguy posted:

poo poo.

i believe in you :coffeepal:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Thronde posted:

Well, how did I miss this gem. Hello thread, how I've missed my Shart Citizen humor du jour. Have I missed much? I'm still fighting for my refund. To the point now that every other day or so I just update the ticket to keep piling on the system with movie lines like "Bueller? Bueller?"

I just got mine today after putting in for it back in September, there's still hope!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

:five:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

haha it's a shame these images are gone

poor star citizens cant handle gifs of their jank rear end game

i feel like that post in its current form sends the right message regarding star citizen anyway

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

The article lays out the facts as known thus far very cleanly, without coming down hard on one side or another.

So of course the faithful are screaming about it like Alec Meer personally murdered their housepetsjpegs.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Oh please do link to some tears about it. I read it myself and agree it's fairly neutral all things considered. Didn't get into any of the more ridiculous claims that I've seen here. (not saying they are untrue)

Look no further than our old friends in Reddit. Hi Reddit!

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Fooma posted:

Guys, please stop. if you keep encouraging refunds and questioning CIG, they won't have funds to make the game. Things would have been perfectly fine if you all had just stayed quiet, but now with bad publicity and less funds things are going to be even more delayed and they have to resort to more creative ways to get funding. This could have been successful! Everyone's free to spend their money how they want so just enjoy the dream that costs you nothing. you stirred up the crazies, that exist in every community, which have spoiled it for the silent majority. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

archive this, reddit

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
oh cool a less comprehensible version of the exoskeleton from STALKER

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
derek, no :ohdear:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Even though this

chaosbreather posted:

the idea that a teenage cripple can't be a shithead is ableist and agist as gently caress imo

is true, going after this kid is not good image politics. You've got dragons to slay, Derek. Don't get sidetracked.

EDIT: like others have said, it's better to spin this as CR suckering a literal cripple into handing over his cash for a pipe dream

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

HOLY poo poo

PIIIIISSS

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Jegan Ace posted:

That actually looks alright, what the gently caress are you on about?

I hate the concept of JPEG oil salesmen as much as anyone, but there are some legitimately good artists and designers getting whipped by Sandi at CIG.

Everything other than the Ender's Game arena is dull as gently caress. The art is technically proficient, but grimy industrial hallways are a dime a dozen and you have to work real hard to make that kind of environment stand out (see Alien Isolation for a good example on how to make it work).

EDIT: also apparently it's impossible to properly light an industrial facility in the far-flung space future. hope you like tripping over poo poo in your barely powered space station!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Nicholas posted:

when you get the refund, be sure to let us know who the payor was

From way back, but my CC refund just cleared, payor was Cloud Imperium Games. Anticlimactic :shrug:

• Locked thread