Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Im_drunk posted:

We are dealing with the Swedish mafia. Maybe somebody should go check on him.

This. I am honestly terrified the IKEA mafia have turned Derek Smart into a snazzy chair made of human bone and skin.

Does anyone have the catalogue number? I might want to buy it to commemorate his passing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kakarot posted:

Wait, if Bootcha becomes the next OP....he will be next on the hit list!

If we surround him with our unwashed neckbearded varicose-veined blubby goon flesh the stench will ward away any attackers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm waiting to see those burning jpegs.

That's going to be so cool. I've never seen computer code torched on the information superhighway by kids living on the cutting edge.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Say that's a nice jpeg you got there Mister. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Hey Paulie, plug in a USB and upload matchstick.gif to c:\ will ya? I just wants to demonstrates somethings.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mukip posted:

The Cutlass Purple includes a reception area, private recreational room and secure prisoner chamber. Take female players captive and earn credits. It's just a fact of life.

Where's my Cutlass Hostel variant where kidnap victims are mutilated and killed for the twisted sexual pleasures of the 1%?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

How many citizens does it take to screw in a star?

An unlimited number because they're all trying to shove their genitals into it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LastCaress posted:

Taking three and a half to four years to build a massive title just seems like a huge amount of effort. There needs to be a better way to do it.

Say it with me: Unity store asset flip.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Derek when are you going to do a livestream or stream an in-game community event for Line of Defence?

You should show everyone how it's really done.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So madcatz/saitek is going down the gurgler financially.

:rip: incredibly ugly SC branded HOTAS :v:

Derek have you approached Logitech about getting some LoD branded peripherals?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

I made this https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767000

and hosed it up

please move it in here nice mods

Something is awful dot com, your local reddit news aggregator because what the gently caress is originality.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Derek wasn't LoD due for release back in 2012? That's what the trailer says.

Whatever happened to that anyway? You said you were "racing through the last mile" mid 2015.

Actually on the topic of financials have you ever published a breakdown of your own development costs? (apart from your Tesla, I'm guessing that's a "business expense")

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

how many imaginary spaceships are you in for commando?

Not a fan of the FPS part of SC at all so I'll be a space hobo like Lister from Red Dwarf.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well there's no LoD thread so I figured this would do.

Derek should make a thread for LoD actually.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Huh! Well cheers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

How much are you still in for?

I'm in for an Imperial Clipper, a Federal Assault Ship and a bunch of Sidewinders I use as bookmarks.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kikkelivelho posted:

Why pick on Star Citizen specifically? Let's just air the dirty laundry of every drat game company. I'm sure none of them have ever had similar issues.

I'm 5000 bucks in at this point and I've followed the project from it's inception. I could probably do an AMA with all the things I know about this game. I'm not a dev at CIG but I've seen every second of content they've put out and I have a couple of sources close to the devs. The amount of misinformation is appalling and it still surprises me that anonymous sources are treated as gospel. How is it fair that Chris has to answer these anonymous accusations as if they're the absolute truth.

And do these journalists really believe that they can make us hate Chris by painting him as some kind of an incompetent monster? Excuse me, but everything Chris said in that interview just made me like him more. I paid for Chris Roberts' vision, not some lovely interns. If you can't handle working at a trailblazer company for a legendary visionary then there are other places you can go to, like those Lego guys. Get out if you can't handle the heat.

My chosen game company is Just and Virtuous good Sir and/or Madam.

How darest thou impeach thine honor with the slightest slur on their good character. What baldurdash! The citizens of the gallery shall not stand for this.

*adjusts monocle, smokes pipe*

(pipe is burning money not tobacco)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Can I be a torpedo

I'll take a position in the space toilet so nobody else can go.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Beer4TheBeerGod should absolutely take over as mod of this subforum.

Absolutely nobody should ever remind him of the fact he once mailed in a box of home special brew to the CIG team during the earlier days. :v:
Sorry, years. My how time flies!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

Small suggestion to thread: Make a rule against masturbating

I don't even know you.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Why does the most open game development ever need NDAs?

:confused:

Information should be available to everyone. Free the programs. Free the system Flynn!

*zooms off on Tron cycle*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kakarot posted:

I am also mad about internet warlord

I think the title of internet warlord loses a bit of the golden shine when you have to self declare it instead of being awarded it by common consensus.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Not before the heat death of the universe.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Which way is the space blue oyster bar? Asking for a friend.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Mass Effect Citizen: Line of Dragon Age.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov posted:

someone post this for the titanenic on page 6666

Imagine if space titanic was a pledge ship.

Just imagine.

Because even if it was that's what you would be doing anyway.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

the worst part of Mass Effect is no gamepad support on PC

gently caress.

Gamepads.

You already have a M&KB. The rest is up to you noble mechanical keyboard and overpriced XxXTreme Gam3r LED bling mouse.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Xarbala posted:

I've been using the same Intellimouse for almost twenty years and I see no reason to change that

I only replaced my G5 because I literally wore it out with a Razer Imperator. Nice mouse I thought.

It developed mouse button 4 clicking problems within a year and I got a G500. Sticking with logitech wired mice forevermore now.
Well maybe I'd consider a corsair one but only because they make really nice keyboards.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress you I'm F5ing to get on 6666.

Just kidding literally nobody is going to care or even read it except for the people who post on it :v:

I remember when SA was more alive :saddowns:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tokamak posted:

Idris Hygiene Module

Concept art for the Aegis hygiene module design. The aim was to create a modular bathroom design that could easily be reconfigured for different ships by the same manufacturer. This design shows 4 separate quadrants: showers, toilets, wash basins and locker area. Each module can be swapped out or repeated depending on the ship design.

:gary:

Lol what would goons use a hygiene module for.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rectal hydration

That's a medical bay function GAWD.

Oh poo poo better buy both.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If CIG want to really make bank they need to make an Idris My Little Pony module where your space avatar can store all their space animes and space hentai figures that you can buy from space J-List your friend in Tevarin.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

All “gamer” brand hardware is always garbage. Because it's aimed at gamers and gamers are stupid (cf. Citizens).

Gamer brand junk sales are directly correlated with the amount of LEDs and bright colors they have.

Basically if you design your gamer product for a 4 year old you've captured the market.

A mental 4 year old with the spending budget of a 40 year old.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress is this wife bullshit?

You mean Jack asked his Realdoll, don't you?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

When Jack stepped into the Constellation’s common area, what he saw left the hairs at the back of his neck standing on end. It was an absolute bloodbath. A man sat slumped forward onto the kitchen table with a long-dried pool of red smeared across its surface. His blood had soaked into the cloth of the seat, permeating the space with a putrid stench that Jack’s suit was having a hard time scrubbing out of the air being pumped into his helmet.

Floating in the threshold of the doorway leading to the bridge was a second body. This one was female and appeared to have been shot several times in the back while attempting to flee. Miller stepped past the corpse, unaffected by the grisly sight, and continued his sweep into the bridge. The scene of carnage continued inside. There was a body fastened into the pilot’s chair that was slumped to the side with its hands still firmly grasping the control sticks; He was shot once in the side of the head.

“Seems he was caught off guard.” remarked Jack as he inspected the deceased pilot that was still faithfully manning his post. Miller panned his flashlight down the tube that lead to the lower turret and discovered yet another motionless form inside. The security officer tugged on the dead man’s boot and waited patiently for him to float up into view. The middle aged man had a jagged gash along his brow with what looked like scratch marks running down his face and neck. “This one was killed without the use of a gun. Looks like whoever attacked him went bat-poo poo on his rear end, though. What in the hell happened here?”

I'll take one of those space suits that circulates air from outside in the vacuum of space to keep me breathing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

boethius posted:

Is Star Citizen out yet?

Yes definitely. Can't you see it? You just need to concentrate harder.

No harder than that.

Harder...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Chalks posted:

You are a good person. Everyone seems to love logitech so once I finally get so hosed off with my current one I'll probably get something like this :)

Realtalk: Logitech is the only brand of mouse you should consider unless you have a specific reason not to get one.

Realtalk: Never buy Razer unless you like terrible firmware, bad software and a high failure rate.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Decrepus posted:

Remember when people in the old thread were discussing what cool shorthand name to give the Constellation? What if we called them "Khan" instead of "con", you know, like in the Start Wars movie.

lol

I'm pretty sure that was always a reddit thing wasn't it?

gently caress I can't remember.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Breetai posted:

a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and smears a line of it on my forehead.

"RAZOR" he murmurs

It's like that bit from Outlast where the crazy person chops off two of your fingers before attempting a penisectomy on the player character.

Sorry spoilers. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Remember when people were vaguely excited about Everspace?

I no longer do.

• Locked thread