Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Star Citizen is the best game never made :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Skyl3lazer posted:

Idk according to ebay idiots will pay like 200 bucks for my account because its #622?

Btw as a side note they invited the first 1,000 accounts to a special "League of Extraordinary Citizens" guild or whatever on the RSI.com website

Well you could do that too.

Either way, :frogout: (of Star Citizen)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I think that Bootcha's reaction to the Gizmondo find should be on page one somehwere.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I got a question for Smart: Did you consider not saying anything, waiting for Nov. 1 to come, and just quietly filing a lawsuit to get the financial statements?

Don't get me wrong, the route you took has been incredible to watch, but if I had to be honest I don't see how you doing all this internet warlording helps your initial claim.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

AP posted:

This is your twatter right? You linked it earlier.

[timg]derp[/timg]

Which time were you lying, the time here when you said you hadn't spent anything, or the time on twitter when you said you had concierge ($1000 spent)?

Or are you an early backer who sold lots of LTI ships to suckers on the grey market, made all your money back and hence consider yourself in for $0 but actually still have a few hundred/thousand in ships/packages?

You see if you were really in for nothing you wouldn't care enough to register here and throw snippy comments in from the sidelines. If you want to defend CIG, go right ahead, nobody is stopping you, but grow a pair of balls and stop trying to fool people you don't care.

Now is this doxxing? :downs:

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 26, 2015

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

kordansk posted:

Remember as a mid level employee you have no influence on that. That would be like judging every utility worker at Enron when they applied to a new job.

Are you saying you wouldn't? :colbert:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Blue Raider posted:

wonder how croberts scored a wife like that, surely it wasnt because of lying

No accounting for taste, but I guess that Sandi thought that Chris would be a springboard for her career. By the time she realized this was a bad call, sunk cost fallacy had taken root.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

kordansk posted:

I don't think so, no. Remember we aren't employees there. It is a different dynamic from what we see on the outside. It's easy for us to step back and look at the situation and be like, 'WHAT THE gently caress, WHY DON'T YOU RUN" but they still need income. I wouldn't fault someone staying at a paying job utilizing their abilities while looking for a new place of employment. I think it would make for an interesting interview though.

It was a joke, but good post nonetheless.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

2DCAT posted:

Star Citizen is at least issuing refunds :cry:

Well you can go to your bank to get a chargeback :unsmigghh:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

In the previous thread someone compared Derek Smart to Ed Wood, which led me to 2 thoughts:

1). I suddenly want to see Derek in drag

2). Who would Chris-R be in this comparison (not Lucas; 'Ol Jorge can actually finish his movies)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Derek, Amethyst is a D&D crazyperson. It's best not to waste any breath on him.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Nickiepoo posted:

That's him in the wheelchair.

Wafflz posted:

Marcus Aurelius: Yes. That's him in the wheelchair.

Xaerael posted:

So. Instead. Imagine I've written "That's him in the wheelchair" on this image.

Beet Wagon posted:

I had a brother! A baby brother! And he was perfect! Perfect in every way! That's him in the wheelchair!

:regd08:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Spaced God posted:

So I haven't paid attention to this new thread. Why are imgur posts getting removed? Other than wheelchair kid, did anything good happen?

Someone made a bot to autoreport images posted here...not realizing that goons got most of the imgur stuf directly from reddit or the brown sea.

e;fb

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

drkeiscool posted:

what the gently caress is going on? why is everyone talking about a wheelchair?

It's goons being completely unfunny and running a comment that wasn't even humorous to begin with into the ground, as they are wont to do.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I remember in one of the older thread a repost from the brown sea that was made just before something big was supposed come out (and of course didn't). It was really long and basically said "this is a Special Moment, let's all cherish it together." Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

OhDearGodNo posted:

You're a bona fide moron. It's not even criticizing the game all serious-like anymore. There's no need to.

You can just sit back and watch this poo poo happen like loving magic.

We post their SC fan art for laughs and they pull down their own poo poo with fake reports.

The VP of marketing starts a major corporate event with tumblr level drama even doing the "fake quit" to see what she can fish.

They constantly gently caress themselves over like a sitcom full of flanderized village idiots.

We don't have to do anything. Look back and see for yourself. We don't have to proactively put any effort into this shitshow, it unfolds before our very eyes.

:iia:

Wait, you mean we're not actively trying to bring down Chris Roberts through clever posts on a comedy forum? Man, what thread have I been reading? :psyduck:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lodin posted:

I need to give this thread a rest. Last night Derek Smart came to me in a dream and told me not to buy WWE 2K16 because it's a scam made by Croberts. I have no intention of buying that game anyway since they all suck so WTF?

You're not supposed to give away how The Warlord transmits his orders!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:gary: PAAAARRRRP

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

^^^Go to your bank. It's chargeback time :black101:^^^

G0RF posted:

Yeah-- Frontier has pretty much done the exact opposite of CIG at nearly every step. The game isn't perfect but it's getting better at such an impressive (and quiet) pace. Meanwhile CIG can't shut up about what is coming yet delivers mediocrity in small portions so very, very slowly.

One day, I hope RedLetterMedia will give us the After Action report on this gigantic mess. Because dammit, the very best thing that came out of the prequels was his 8 hour takedown of them.

And Chris Roberts could one day star in a scene very much like this one

Well, they already have an appropriate reaction to :gary:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Agrajag posted:

omg CHARGEBACK how many times do we have to say this?

:gary: :gizz:

Maybe the "REFUND" gif needs to be changed to "CHARGEBACK"

Demiurge4 posted:

It's not through paypal and I don't think my bank is going to take an almost 3 year old chargeback seriously, besides I'm not gonna be in Denmark for another two months anyway to do the paperwork.

The first guy you talk to won't be able to help you, but that's what he's supposed to say. Ask to escalate, and explain to them the situation.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Eonwe posted:

this is it

this is the peak

Credit belongs to Parallax Scroll on the GBS photoshop thread.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wafflz posted:

If the game ever comes out (it won't) there will be no non-consenual pvp. There is no way on croberts green earth cig is going to allow people to blow up 1000+ dollar jpegs if they don't want them blown up.

OTOH that's really the only way to make money post-release. It's already been pointed out that the market for the game has already "bought-in" so to speak. So even if the game is released (:gary:) I think they'll still try to milk the whales.

They can probably get around the whole LTI thing by making customer service play the role of adjusters: ":byodood: You can't prove that this wasn't insurance fraud, so claim rejected!"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

alphabettitouretti posted:

Didn't they at one point say that they would have people act as insurance adjusters in the game to stop fraud? Seems like a joke suggestion but I'm pretty sure that was a serious proposal from Legendary Game Designer Christ Robbers.

Exactly, it's just cover to invalidate the LTIs. Just make up a story about "dem goons! :bahgawd:" to explain why your 'adjusters' are instructed to reject everything have to have such a high standard.

Again, if the game actually gets released.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So what are the details of the "Smart destroys a Coke Machine" story?

On a related note, someone that can photoshop should make a :gary: version of the scene from Dr. Strangelove where the soldier shoots the coke machine and gets sprayed with soda.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Justin Tyme posted:

Speaking of forum projects, has the Games forum ever tried to develop a game? UE4 is free after all.

Well there was this little thing called Zyborne Clock

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kewpuh posted:

this is a really bad idea. the goal should be to entice people to register and participate instead of shutting them out of whatever might lure them here

I thought the way the paywall worked was it let you read a few pages before throwing up the blinders? But then I don't try reading SA forums while not logged in.

And putting popular threads behind the paywall gave us these gems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9cqtaKQLwA

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Incombibulator posted:

Can we make a game that lets us play as Dragon Derek who goes around eating White Knights?
Kind of an Reverse-Skyrim?

We can call the final boss Dolvakiin or something.

:gary:

So like the Trogdor game on homestarrunner?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Omi-Polari posted:

Neurotic Jew :allears:

:freep: The Jews did 9/11 destroyed Star Citizen! :freep:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

AP posted:

Some people think this TOS stuff is important and a gotcha to CIG, I'm not sure the TOS is important at all to individual backers as if something even looks like it could come to court it makes much more sense of CIG to just fully refund the backer who's unhappy. But if Derek Smart is trying to get access to the books maybe the "audited cost" part helps him.

One thing I'm uncertain about is since CIG refunded Derek unilaterally, there's no implied agreement to hold harmless (or something, my legal is just a gerbil). So CIG can't stop people from suing by just stuffing the money back into their bank account, as the former customer can still say "you wasted my loving time" and at least ask for the Present Value difference of the refund.

Or am I just making things up in my head?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I had a thought: If CIG does get something out the door, and somehow it technically satisfies all the promises despite being a turd, even then Chris-R isn't out of the woods, because of the VCs like Bootcha. If CIG releases something and claims to be done, then all the $94M is now realized revenue, and they would have to start paying the VCs their share of all of that amount.

I have a feeling that they haven't been setting money aside to satisfy the VCs.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Jimb posted:

After the dust settles there had better be some kind of tragic breakdown of where the money went.

:byodood: B-B-BUT WHAT IF THE LAW IS UNJUST!!1! #jpeglivesmatter

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wait, is he by any chance related to James Nguyen of Birdemic fame?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

One thing that has been confusing me is a few of you complained that So-and-So nerfed or hosed over the Cutlass. I mean most if not all of us posting here are in agreement that SC isn't going to come out, so the relative value of a particular .jpeg spaceship is just as much an illusion as everything else.

I would :gary: if one of the vets can explain this gripe, and why it keeps being brought up in light of all the other issues that imo make it academic.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Derek, if you have new info, just make an addendum to your blog. Don't let scope creep get you too :ohdear:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So Smart hasn't posted anything. Can't say I'm shocked.

Get in the robot, Shinji Post the blog, Derek!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

LCL-Dead posted:

I was about $600 in and sold most of my stuff for profit. All I have left worth refunding is a Redeemer and some hangar flair that probably equals out to around $320. I've only gotten one "Are you sure?" response and 3 more automated "We haven't forgotten about you!" emails with zero replies to the other 4 emails I've sent.

I initiated a dispute through Paypal yesterday and am honestly surprised to have not heard anything back yet given how quickly they seem to jump into gear when chargebacks/paypal disputes are mentioned.

Edit: I'm 5 weeks in.

Did you inform them that you would do a chargeback? Not saying you should have, but from previous examples they let RSI know they would chargeback which got the refund right away.

Alternatively, RSI is now at the point that they don't have the money to give you a refund. Which would mean they're in full :supaburn: mode right now.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

xanif posted:

Seriously why do people have Popsicle sticks under there avatars?

It's for giving money to Lowtax.

It's up to you to decide how much :ironicat: is warranted.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Welcome BastionPete.

First, no need to say you had an account from 2007 that you lost. Even if it's true, no one cares.

Second, you sound like a mostly rational person, unlike some other SC supporters that have come here. Be sure to read the forum rules, and as long as you don't make an rear end of yourself no one here will bite your head off.

I've mostly been lurking in this thread, so I'll let goons that have been involved with SC respond to your points. But one thing I'm curious about : as someone that still believes SC will be released, what do you think the game is going to be?

Oh, and :gary:PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My BBQ opinion depends on whether or not you smoke ribs or broil them.

• Locked thread