Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Does anyone have a good recipe for leg of pork? I have a pig leg in the fridge and need to do something with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

Get leg of pork, cook for a while, eat with spoon

I got impatient and skipped the cook bit of the instructions. Raw meat is somewhat hard to cut with a spoon.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

joats posted:

These were made by SC FANS! Not SA shitposters. Is your mind blown?

Nsfw that poo poo, they are disturbing.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Vire posted:

Were these people so terrified that the game would cease to exist if they didn't spend their whole life savings on it (probably ensuring it actually never will exist now funny enough because now he can feature creep the game to death and have zero accountability.). Or do they think they are getting value from buying this ships with real cash because they think it will be pay to win?

What you need to understand about the SC fan base is this: they are loving insane. They are happy chucking cash up Croberts nose because they honestly think it's going to be that revolutionary. Like a whole new experience that will trascend them to a new reality. Some of them believe it will be the last game they'll ever play because it will do everything.

And yes many of them probably do think they are getting one up on everyone else by buying a fleet of JPEGs. If you ask them they'll claim they're just pledging and the ships are a reward, but then they start theory crafting and building organisations based around specific play styles, despite there being a distinct and noticeable lack of detail about how any of it will function. The buying of JPEGs is particularly amusing. Either CIG crash and burn and there's a huge shitstorm and maybe some of them go on a neckbeard rampage, or it actually comes out and CIG has to somehow balance a game where they've pre-sold all the ships and promised features like drink vending minigames. There's no way for it turn out that won't be funny for anyone watching.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

joats posted:

The FPS module in progress.

Intense Gameplay!

Realistic Weapon Handling!

Tacticol Positioning!

Buzzword!

Look at the state of this. Look at it. The True Believers will cry ALPHA but I've played plenty of games in alpha that weren't in this condition. This is what they've got after four years and $93m.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Now I ain't no game developin' type guy but "Lead technical Designer" sounds pretty important.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

Yeah, he was a major part of helping them with the cryengine and was on The Last Great Starship (just like Firefly cancelled after one series)

Derek Smart broke the news too which is going to annoy them.

At least he can leave with his head held high in the knowledge that it was a good job well done.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Raskolnikov posted:

My kitten is feeling better! Look at her judging her human:

Also reddit archive this <3

Nice cat but your keyboard is faulty all the labels are on the wrong side. You should get a refund.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Meanwhile over at /r/games

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3qbzdw/hey_mate_let_me_just_try_the_dps_of_this_laser/

Someone asks if it is worth buying. Cue a parade of morons trying to persuade him to join the cult and talking about the many hundreds they've dropped on it. Amazingly I did not see anyone trying to shill their referral code.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I said come in! posted:

RSI is actually near 2 years behind, 3 - 4 years when Squadron 42 comes out, but the delayed timer will still be ticking because S42 will not be completed fully by then and the other promised gameplay modes wont be done yet either. There's no excuse for why Squadron 42 isn't finished and feature complete by right now. It should be a full game buyable on Steam right now and it's not and that is beyond unacceptable.

Squadron 42 is now called Squadron 21. Although it features half the amount of content Star Citizen fans are overjoyed that the same amount of time, money and effort is going into a smaller game to increase the fidelity beyond all that was previously imagined. As well as drink vending minigames you can now serve lukewarm ham and cheese croissants and polite portions of chocolates to your fellow citizens as they spend hours sat motionless in the back of your space bus on the way to the next grand adventure (each episode comprised of 45 mins video, 10 mins gameplay, 5 mins Gary Oldman speeches). Rejoice.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

I love that they will play it off like 'yeah whatevs we don't care' but inside they will be pretty embarrassed and annoyed

quote:

this is likely retaliatory, ds/whatever sockpuppet started dmca'ing pics and archives that screencapped anything ds said or did especially things that he deleted, sounds like he got a stern warning from someone or something, and wanted to get rid of evidence, then someone did it back to him/SA forums and now its just retaliatory, also if imgur actually does take a loook at any of it, (which i doubt) whoevers been issuing the false dmcas are in for a real pimpslapping if imgur feels like it

The story is changing. Now it was D Smart who did it first and Reddit was just retaliating.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Vire posted:

What's funny is that is wrong too because the first images to get taken down where DSmart's images in the OP of the thread and we all thought he just couldn't use img tags right at first so goons gave him a hard time not knowing it was a bot attack.

They shot themselves in the foot then accused a bystander who was pointing and laughing of pulling the trigger.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

Can you believe it? He lost his entire album of wolf plush.

I hope it all turns out okay :ohdear:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Luckily chris_roberts_wank_hand.gif survived the massacre. Only $10 and it can be yours.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Some good poo poo in the gbs thread.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

joats posted:

They are talking about you sneakyfrog!

"is it worth $10 to sign up?"

yes lowtax demands you do so.

"let's talk about each other's loving cats"

Sounds good.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

This thread is such a treat. x000 unread posts and you never know what you'll get. Is it another Croberts meltdown? More senior staff quit? Or is noted developer of broken games Derek Smart threatening to call some wheelchair guy's dad because he talked smack on the internet?

Bootcha posted:

I've got tone.

They're still not answering the phone huh?

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I honestly doubt that he wants to test a legal system outside the US. Besides I have no problem if he ridicule these guys but for gods sake let the loving real life info kids and whatnot out of it.
Moreover you don't need more than 20 minutes and a pacer account to get tons of juicy infos about Derek's endeavours so it would be wise to calm down.

Either post what you've got or shut the gently caress up and gently caress off you tedious fuckwit.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

Point of medical fact: Duchenne's, ALS, and Becker's have a natural history that precludes a normal average lifespan. For those that want to adjust their denominators.

Bummer.

He might not live to see the launch of Star Citizen :ohdear:

Sorry that was poor taste.

Nobody will see that. It's never coming out.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Palpek posted:

Can you goons stop uploading gigantic gifs of Gary Oldman to that poor host?

Concept to live in 24 hours. Wow! CIG should hire that guy. They've not even managed to get to concept for some of their jpeg sales.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gary should have a word with his agent cos it's making him look silly. He should phone them and be all :gary: PAAAAAAAAAARRRRRPPPPP

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Everyone is trying to bite my style now, huh?

Saturdays Noon Eastern... no idea what we're going to talk about this weekend.

You know what you can talk about.

:gary:

PAAAAAAAAAARRRRRPPPPP

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Derek do a paaarrrrp.

This is a lawyer.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sedisp posted:

WW2 turn fighting. Also there are turreted ships and lock ons.

This is going to be fantastically broken.

Don't forget the realistic physics too! It's fine I'm sure it will all turn out okay. :psyduck:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Mobile cuts the thread title to Christ Roberts & the church of latte. I like to think Derek planned that as a sly dig at the 20k coffee machine.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Banano posted:

Just spotted the crobber himself in London.

Looks like mocap's back on the menu boys

He's overseeing the transition of Star Citizen The Horse into glue and Findus lasagnas. I know he said that Star Citizen The Horse was going to be a winner and he pre-sold horseshoes, whips and saddles and filmed Gary Oldman riding it, but this was always the plan from the beginning and as glue and lasagna Star Citizen The Horse will make a valuable contribution to the overall project goal of Croberts cramming coke up his nose and living in a mansion.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

They can probably get around the whole LTI thing by making customer service play the role of adjusters: ":byodood: You can't prove that this wasn't insurance fraud, so claim rejected!"

Didn't they at one point say that they would have people act as insurance adjusters in the game to stop fraud? Seems like a joke suggestion but I'm pretty sure that was a serious proposal from Legendary Game Designer Christ Robbers.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The citizens are revolting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qugcx/gary_oldman_star_citizen_makes_the_frontpage/

Also they are not big fans of today's Photoshop Phriday.

You know what we say to that....

PAAAAAAAARRRRRPPPPP

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

Not Derek...just a bunch of DS wannabe's....Imagine how pathetic you have to be to want to be like DS...nauseating.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Exactly, it's just cover to invalidate the LTIs. Just make up a story about "dem goons! :bahgawd:" to explain why your 'adjusters' are instructed to reject everything have to have such a high standard.

Again, if the game actually gets released.

Fighter
Thief
Wizard
Middle-age insurance adjuster with a paunch and high cholesterol

Classic RPG dilemma. Insurance adjuster is so OP why would you choose anything else?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Here we see redditor /u/ICStarzICstarz failing to comprehend a simple and commonplace saying. He gets a bit fucky about it.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

It's kinda like telling Dead Baby jokes in a maternity ward - You're either doing it to get the reaction you wanted or you're doing it because you have no social queues understanding and can't exhibit empathy.

A reasoned and proportionate response to photoshopped pictures of :gary:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SneakyFrog posted:

head goon.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Karl_Ramseier posted:

If you explain to me what I should rationalize... busy reading legal documents atm.

Do you guys think pretending to be married to someone and also posting pics of the person in question is punishable by law?

Oh good you're still doing this? Either you're scared of D Smart siccing :woof: on you or much like a certain space game you have nothing real. Post it or gently caress off.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

What do you mean Karl "I've not spent any money on this" Ramseier?

Here is a summary of everything of note Karl has ever said:

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAARRRRRPPPPP

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

A reminder that failing to file accounts is a criminal offence.

Karl and the rest of the faithful, what's your opinion on Foundry 42 breaking the law and having to spend backer money on fines because they cannot or do not want to follow simple laws? Does this make you think they have something to hide re finances or is it simply incompetence and/or laziness?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Dear HMRC,

We apologise for not filing our accounts but you see we are nearly out of money. We spent it all on mansions, coffee machines and 10 hours of badly written cut scenes for the chairman's wannabe actress wife and we don't want the nerds who paid for it to find out because some of them have fur suits and replica Japanese swords so we fear for our lives. Instead please find enclosed the following in lieu of payment:

PAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPPPPP

Kind regards, the crew at CIG.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Haha wtf

Racists and bigots are bad but role playing as a Nazi is just how I like to spend my free time. Everyone needs a hobby.

Also "invested".

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Yeah payment ain't the issue, it's what it might reveal about the state of their finances.

Even if there's nothing wrong and they have nothing to hide it's still funny that a company which raked in 90m+ can't get their act together on something so basic. They're going to waste several spaceship jpegs worth of dumb nerd money on fines. Perhaps it was a choice between new coffee machine for when Crobert visits the UK or paying an accountant.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

When do you estimate they'll get round to submitting their legally required account filings?

Two weeks?

paaaarrrrppp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

Mario Karl would be a bad game

It's so buggy. Character selection is a bitch, doesn't matter who you choose you end up with a randomly selected personality. Then during the race no matter what you do they just keep hitting themselves with pickups and running over their own foot.

• Locked thread