Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

No. Or let's say if LoD is in development, SC will be 100% released.

plz sign you're post
also post an introduction thread in FYAD before posting here

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

LuiCypher posted:

A story in three quotes.

All we need is Gary Oldman's head slowly getting larger and larger as the level fits into his mouth.

Honestly, aren't there intrepid goons who could probably crap out something like this on a weekend-long bender for a mere fraction of the cost (the cost being the alcohol needed to get them to the Ballmer Peak)?

I dunno, that ragdoll shuffling och slithering looks like a bitch to animate

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

*looks at the last 250 pages of the last SC thread*
*looks at the OP of the new SC thread*

well, I don't know if this whole cult thing is just projection of some sort.

You make some good points there, admiral. Please regale us with your internet psychoanalysis expertise.

fake edit: in case someone else wants a crack at this bad boy:

I know it's not perfect, but it could save somebody a bit of time

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
In my dreams I see Chris walking to his opulent office with a forced smile. He closes the door, fetches some Ben&Jerry's and Bailey's from his office freezer, and sits down at his desk. He begins a long, long afternoon of reading this thread while steaming with impotent rage and pouring melted ice cream and irish cream down his gullet.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SirPhoebos posted:

No accounting for taste, but I guess that Sandi thought that Chris would be a springboard for her career. By the time she realized this was a bad call, sunk cost fallacy had taken root.

Well, in her case she actually gets paid for "believing in the dream", so it's not really a fallacy

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wafflz posted:

They act like team leads and executive positions bailing are the same as some junior coder who gets a better job offer.

:smug:Learn about the :eng101: goddamn game development process for once :smuggo:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

More blogs and more hot air. As always, mighty internet warlord. And if you take it kindly or not, you are a loving liar. We are all waiting for you to do something since July and we will still be waiting in January.

take that poo poo to fyad

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

More blogs and more hot air. As always, mighty internet warlord. And if you take it kindly or not, you are a loving liar. We are all waiting for you to do something since July and we will still be waiting in January.

Who's "we"? Also, please stop using your brother-in-law's credit card, or at least own up to stealing it to buy jpegs and the shittiest av on SA

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Good loving lord dude, I didn't need that much nightmare fuel :stare:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

http://www.compensationforce.com/2015/03/2014-turnover-rates-by-industry.html

roughly 15 % for the whole industry on a yearly basis.

http://www.thehrdirector.com/business-news/hr_in_business/staff-turnover-and-attrition-fall-salaries-up-in-games-industry/

Computer game industry.

Go figure yourself, I would be impressed if you can up with a rough estimate what would be normal for CIG's employment turnover. Keep in mind CIG was a start up and they pay less than average.
And don't forget we are at least 4 years in production according to our mighty internet warlord.

Why do you keep writing "we" all the time? Do you need to hide your awful decisions by claiming they represent all of CIG/brown sea? Or do you share your account with someone?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yes, we are one hive mind. Now you only need to link everything together. C'mon you can do it.

Hey "Karl" serious question. What would it take for you to stop believing in star citizen? Like, a refund-me-right-now-this-is-too-hosed-up level of lost belief?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Shala posted:

You see when one pork egg roll loves another pork egg roll.

:frogon:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
What the gently caress the refund gif is down :krakken:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

so lol, are there really some weird people within this cult mass reporting imgur photos to get them auto removed? ahahahahah

internet works not liek that doods

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

there are lots of websites that autoremove content if there are multiple reports or a DMCA filing

for example they mass reported derek smart on twitch and got his account suspended

well, yeah, but it's a pretty sure way to ensure that the pics stay online forever

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:krad: OPERATION GifThreat IN ACTION :krad:

Ok you guys know the drill (else check your operations manual). We have to save the gifs before reddit gets to them, and we're in a hurry!!!

So, we have to go through all the threads and save every .gif, .jpg, .png, .tif, .obj, .blender, .ico, .mp4, .avi - in short, anything that is not raw text.

:krakken: ASSIGNMENTS :krakken:

bootcha: thread 1, pages 1-330
eonwe: thread 1, pages 330-end
beer4thebeergod: thread 2, pages 1 through 400
peter gabriel: thread 2, pages 400 through end
AP: thread 3
redwalrus: thread 4, pages 1 through 380
sneakyfrog: thread 4, pages 381 through end
3: thread 5, pages 1 through 390
tijuana bibliophile: thread 5, 391 through end
D_smart: thread 6

We NEED to finish this before reddit manages to pull down the entire internet. Sharpen your ctrl's, c's and v's, and repost all images on the private server You need a premium account to see this message.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

2DCAT posted:

The only thing that would make this ordeal better is if Leonard J. Crabbs was brought into the mix.

Please keep operational details under premium account spoiler tags. We don't want the brown sea to gently caress up You need a premium account to see this message

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lord Psychodin posted:

I love reading this thread as much as anyone else, but this? This is just dumb. Seriously, they're already wasted a ton of money on one dumb thing to the tune of millions upon millions of dollars. I'll help spare them from goon shitposting to the tune of $20.

You can't partake of the fun if you're going to ruin it imo

:frogout:

Edit:

Lord Psycodin posted:

goons laughing like a pack of hyenas from the Lion King

what the gently caress is wrong with you

2nd edit:

Lord Psycodin posted:

The good news is I make like 5 posts every 3 months.
Why the almighty gently caress do you think anyone in the universe cares about your posting frequency? Also, five too many

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 27, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lord Psychodin posted:

I'm just kinda worried if anyone buys that poo poo if Lowtax got a bunch of chargebacks from it what he'd do this this kinda poo poo.

But you just said you wanted to save redditors money though

fake edit: that's five posts, see you in three months chump

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lord Psychodin posted:

I'm = "just kinda worried";
if anyone buys that poo poo {
if Lowtax got a bunch of chargebacks from it {
what(he'd do);
this = "this kinda poo poo.";
}
}

wont compile :smith:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:eyepop: I'm... I'm in love

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hey reddit why are you stealing our jpegs we don't steal yours

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Where's the music from btw?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You didn't took this whole hive mind thing serious? Yeah you did! Lol, yes sure we will chip some money in. I should get a reddit account now.

But seriously, if Mr. Dipshit internet overlord really tries to sue some poor reddit guys I would love to give some money to these guys. And if the money is on an account outside of the USA he can also forget about getting one dime of it, even if he wins. At least that I know for sure.

Keep on fightin' the good fight fella

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

redwalrus posted:

I only have the one where the crowd took off their masks?

:captainpop: That is deeply disturbing

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

spacetoaster posted:

Pretty much. I just said I hit some hard times and need the money for family.

Which is true. I'm using the money to upgrade my daughter's roller derby skates.

Whoa man :smith: you almost pawned her childhood for Chris's coke...
Does she at least have food?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

RPS posted:

The reality is somewhere in the middle
Read up to, but not including, this

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Madcosby posted:

those greek recipes are garbage

im greek and the recipes posted all read as Better Homes and Garden versions of traditional recipes

I dont have any recipe I can cut and paste for what are called "Yemista" not "symrn'as favorite stuffed tomoatoes" or whatever but I guarantee every one of the greek recipes posted are not authentic. Who the gently caress puts raisins or mint in a stuffed tomato? Sugar? lol

sorry dante

Weren't you going to stop being an rear end in a top hat

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jst0rm posted:

will it still delete if its not inline?

Edit: What the gently caress it's quick too. Someone's going to get ipbanned from imgur (unless it sucks)

2nd edit: six left and counting, GMT+1 21:48

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 27, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Madcosby posted:

you're right. i shouldn't have gotten mad about the recipe; it's just a variation. Apparently jpgs get my blood boilin

It's okay man everyone gets angry about food once in a while :unsmith: just looking out for your blood pressure

E: :gary:

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 27, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I think we all can agree that Star Citizen will forever be remembered as the game that brought us :lesnick:, :gary: and :wtchris:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Lest we forget :911:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3pya2n/i_talked_my_sister_into_helping_me_crew_my_ship/

A Redditor posted:

I talked my sister into helping me crew my ship, today I saw this picture and knew it would be exactly like this.

http://i.imgur.com/N0haYzT.gifv

E: Whoa, :reddit: deleted that post. Whod'a thunk it

2nd e: of course they didn't, I just screwed up the url.

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 27, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Imgur is over capacity.

Goons truly ruin... everything

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Liquid Gold

Ingredients
5 Gallons Motts Apple Juice
10 lbs Granulated Cane Sugar
4 lbs Turbinado Sugar
3 lbs Honey
10 Packets Danstar Champagne Years (2.5 cups Water)
Yeast Nutrient
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Cardamom

Process
1. Pour apple juice, sugar, and honey into sanitized container. Shake well.
2. Hydrate yeast with nutrient.
3. Pitch yeast. Make sure you have a blowoff tube.
4. Add spices.
5. Age until you get tired of waiting.

Notes
1. The longer you let it age, the smoother it will taste. I'm expecting this stuff to be amazing in a year.
2. This is insanely potent. 18% ABV.
3. I've done some experiments with Wyeast 4347 and it might make things a bit crisper. Still takes a lot of aging. Might try a starter with apple juice next time.
4. You'll need a massive bucket for this. I had a 6 gallon carboy and it was nearly overflowing between the honey and juice.
5. I wish I had known how to make this stuff when I was in college.

EDIT: I doubt Blarghle reads this thread but the above recipe was inspired by him.

:captainpop:
Is it really possible to get to 18% ABV without distilling? Mind=blown

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes. You can get over 20% with the right yeast. The longer you age the less bite the alcohol has, and instead the result is a very pleasant and buttery smooth taste.

On a related note, I picked some hops I found growing near home - no idea whatsoever of what kind it is - and have frozen it in the hope of using it for brewing some time. How likely is it that I wasted my time and/or future beer?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Archive this, reddit:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

According to the supposed letter by David Jennison, formerly the lead character artist for CIG:

So the sad thing is that, out of all of the concepts, the Heavy Pirate is supposedly one of the most cohesive ones. Of course we don't actually know if what we're seeing now is what they finished because...

Fun fact; this is what they had for the FPS a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U

What the gently caress happened?

Dreams. Dreams happened :gary:

• Locked thread