Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Raskolnikov posted:

Starcitizen joke

Soccer Action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

dumb name, no dumber than inn though

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

The gameplay shown isn't in Around the Verse, and yes there's a chat box up there or something, but to me it's now more possible this is extra footage filmed for Around the Verse as the UI seems to match better than the offline Star Marine. Which given the choices are Derek/TheAgent are wrong or CIG or some hardcore Citizen faked it, and the logo definitely has been shown on Around the Verse...

INN (recursive) RELAY_SC may have received raw footage to do their lovely transsubstantiation or whatever they do

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

You made claim, after claim, after claim that SM WASN't in the build like, at all. LIKE AT ALL. And you were so sure of your pompous self because you have 70,000 evocati accounts.

GTFO already you pathetic, pathological liar.

My word ole chap

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
salt citizen

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Madcosby posted:

I thought it was a joke before but derek really is your leader

Lol

you thought lazrin was joking?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:catstare:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. He's been banned today. There's only so much toxic bullshit I can take. The site is setup for archiving Star Citizen material, not hosting some wanker's angst-ridden drivel.

Can't really have one without the other there

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

LOL anyone who wants to join the Derek Smart Fan Club has my blessing.

That's an instant self-own.

PM me if you still want that greenie e-vite

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
STAR MARINE.PAK IS IN THE GAME!!!!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:tane:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Semisponge posted:

I understand yalls ire about mass effect 3 but tbh the multiplayer was the best part and so, hours-played wise, the ending counted for about .0001% for me. I mean, deus ex human revolution had exactly the same ending sequence except shorter and nobody cared? The Turing test got me way more riled about bad writing decisions than any other game because it could have been so good but did not live up to potential. But even then I'd like to play another game by the same dev?

What I'm saying is you seem exceedingly bitter about a crappy ending to an otherwise good game that came out four years ago. Honestly I'd love to have the kind of life that lets me rehash that poo poo instead of dealing with constant real life misery, aint got time to stay mad about 20 minutes of disappointing mediocrity.

Dunno if I'd preorder andromeda though, have they said anything about multiplayer?

the worst part of Mass Effect is no gamepad support on PC

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

DancingShade posted:

gently caress.

Gamepads.

You already have a M&KB. The rest is up to you noble mechanical keyboard and overpriced XxXTreme Gam3r LED bling mouse.

They're gamepad games made for people to play with gamepads in front of their TVs, gamepads in hand

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I choose that hill to die on :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Why are there bars on the ceiling and near the ceiling on the side consoles? Are the ceilings modular? Wouldn't it be easier and safer to just have them under raised floors? Or are they there to grab onto so you can manoeuvre around in case of gravity loss? If so, why aren't there any on the floor, since there would no longer be a distinct ceiling and floor in such a case?

I'll never get over the loving handrails to hold on because the ship which effortlessly maintains 1g of artificial gravity can't compensate for acceleration

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

DancingShade posted:

Lol what would goons use a hygiene module for.

Rectal hydration

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

Razer hardware is garbage. Logitech 4 lyfe.

:yeah:

M570 4 lyfe imo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

You control the hands which control the space taps in your space sink.

Many citizens will probably spend more time in the bathroom in a virtual setting than they do in real life.

You think there are Citizens who don't play from their armchair toilet/simpit?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

DancingShade posted:

Gamer brand junk sales are directly correlated with the amount of LEDs and bright colors they have.

Basically if you design your gamer product for a 4 year old you've captured the market.

A mental 4 year old with the spending budget of a 40 year old.

Everything relating to "gamers" is crap because people who like to call themselves gamers are crap

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Jack pulled the release lever on the fighter’s canopy and watched it slide back, releasing its accumulated stench into the stale air. He switched his suit over to O2-only to defeat the smell and reached down with his medical probe to collect a DNA sample from the self-dispatched pilot. As he leaned in, he spotted a glow emanating from near the man’s feet. Jack reached in past the man’s broken and battered hands to find a mobiglas clinging to the underside of the seat. He retrieved the device and shoved it securely into his equipment pouch.

Eager to leave the gruesome sight behind, he stood and headed for the front of the constellation. Jack entered the bridge to thankfully find his comrade unsnapping the final cable tethering the ship’s delicate computer core to its housing. “The plot thickens,” remarked Jack, “I found someone holed up inside the fighter in the back. Poor bastard offed himself. Pack up that core and let’s get the hell out of here. This drat ship gives me the heeby-jeebies.”

After another short trip across vacuum, the men once again found themselves within the familiar comfort of the Aimless. Jack made sure to ask his wife to hook the the salvaged computer core up to the Aimless and pull its data as soon as he stepped aboard with it. While she worked at cracking the core, Jack sat down with the mobiglass he had retrieved from the derelict’s attached Merlin and keyed it open. The first file was a video that was delivered to a recipient in the Elysium system.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chalks posted:

Someone point me at a decent mouse with a numpad on the side and I'll be a happy man.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse is the closest I know of :shrug:

They're programmable

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

DancingShade posted:

What the gently caress is this wife bullshit?

You mean Jack asked his Realdoll, don't you?

When Jack stepped into the Constellation’s common area, what he saw left the hairs at the back of his neck standing on end. It was an absolute bloodbath. A man sat slumped forward onto the kitchen table with a long-dried pool of red smeared across its surface. His blood had soaked into the cloth of the seat, permeating the space with a putrid stench that Jack’s suit was having a hard time scrubbing out of the air being pumped into his helmet.

Floating in the threshold of the doorway leading to the bridge was a second body. This one was female and appeared to have been shot several times in the back while attempting to flee. Miller stepped past the corpse, unaffected by the grisly sight, and continued his sweep into the bridge. The scene of carnage continued inside. There was a body fastened into the pilot’s chair that was slumped to the side with its hands still firmly grasping the control sticks; He was shot once in the side of the head.

“Seems he was caught off guard.” remarked Jack as he inspected the deceased pilot that was still faithfully manning his post. Miller panned his flashlight down the tube that lead to the lower turret and discovered yet another motionless form inside. The security officer tugged on the dead man’s boot and waited patiently for him to float up into view. The middle aged man had a jagged gash along his brow with what looked like scratch marks running down his face and neck. “This one was killed without the use of a gun. Looks like whoever attacked him went bat-poo poo on his rear end, though. What in the hell happened here?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I've configured a autohotkey script to post twenty bad posts with 10 sec intervals so I can snype the big 'un

• Locked thread