Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

"Love me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Agrajag posted:

hahaha what a moron

The internet says I waste money so I will waste more money that will show them :thumbsup:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Who cares? Honestly, if this kid/adult is being an rear end hat then who cares? Being a kid, having a disability, etc does not make you sudden ammune to criticism. If this person is being a regular CIG instigator then gently caress em.

You don't get a free pass to be an rear end in a top hat because life dealt you a lovely hand. If Derek wants to make an example out of another one of these idiot then let him. It doesn't effect any of us so gently caress it.

Nice try :gary:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Nice try? Why are we treating this kid like he's mentally handicapped? Like being crippy boy makes him stupid or something. The dude is 19. He's old enough to know better then to be vehemently defending SC. It's a loving game after all. And as far as the calling his parents goes, good. If I had a kid, 19 or not, and found out he was doing this kind of stupidity on the internet I would have a nice chat with him. Sometimes that's needed.

Life dealing you a lovely hand is not an excuse to be a dick. It's not. We're all victims one way or another. And being crippled isn't going to make me any more or less likely to feel sorry for you. You want to be treated equally, fine. That applies in all ways to all people.

I also find it funny that so many are laughing about Dick Wulf or Dolvak being taken down a peg, but the moment a cripple gets attacked we've crossed a line. Bullshit. These loving fanatics act as if they are immune from any and all criticism. Well I say gently caress that. Game on fuckwits.

Never mind, you sounded a bit like reddit tryna bait us into mocking the wheelman

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

/r/starcitizen is proud to present sns, a pro-citizen dns server carefully curated to bring you only the most affirming internet experience

E: LTI on those buggies gonna cost a literal virtual fortune

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:eyepop:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
gently caress yes we need :yrag: as well

:gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Orions Lord posted:

Is SC wheelchair friendly I did see a lot of stairs in it.

It has ladders also

With some very smooth ladder climbing animation

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Guys, guys. Please, show some decorum. This is the Internet, after all.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
No poo poo Reddit is mad about SA mocking their lovely non-game

Here we make lovely jpgs, and we don't loving make people loving pay for them

It screws up the market, unfair competition and all that

:gary:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:gary:Ok I'm getting tired of the dead links in the PYF forums drama thread. :gary:

You all gotta hand Lowtax the cash to get the server up and running again. Don't look at me, I actually ponied up the 5bux.

E: This thread only moves like 20 pages/day, and I feel some serious drama deficiency coming on

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 31, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

If you explain to me what I should rationalize... busy reading legal documents atm.

Do you guys think pretending to be married to someone and also posting pics of the person in question is punishable by law?

Of course it is. That is a heinous crime and you would be our hero for exposing it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

I have done my civic duty and contributed to the SA forum move to the CLOUD!!

Do your part.

In fact, any Goon who can ID and confirm a White Knight Redditor who is here just to troll us, I will match their $5 donation to the cause. Go get 'em!!

ps: Those JPEG buying clowns have cost me almost $100 in the past 10 days!

Whoa. That means you've personally lined Lowtax's pockets with like $300 including what they spent

Thank you for saving the forums :911:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Well it's 100$ + 200$ = 300$ (total butcher bills).

Also I'd be willing to buy :yarg: = Though I guess I have to upload a small smilie first ? And then ask nicely?

:spergin: it's :yrag: actually. Though :yarg: kinda sounds better

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

This should include Derek and Beer, no?

E:

Moron posted:

the rest of us 750,000 are sitting around like idiots waiting for the next DLC for another poo poo game

Whoa, that's eerily insightful

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 31, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Enchanted Hat posted:

How can a loving auditor be gullible enough to also be a SC whale? I guess it explains why he grew up to be such a weird sperg, tho.

Him being "on an audit" does not mean he is an auditor

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

This "Matilda" goon is like the best troll ever

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Chris Roberts
sirs, the CR robs

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

With the scope of promises that have been made for this project, there is absolutely no excuse for not writing their own engine. Engineering a AAA game engine is an endeavor, but with what has been promised out of this project, it would only make sense

Read all the way to about here

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

Did you get tired?

I read the words "make sense" in a star citizen development context and my brain bluescreened :thejoke:

Actually, I found your posts very interesting

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Decrepus posted:

Guy I just invented a new fighter tactic where you fly behind the other guy and shoot him, it is called the Decrepus Maneuver.

You just gotta leak goon strategy to the pubbies :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Speaking of lawsuit, has Escapist been brought to space court yet?

Those things are done in private, seeing as trying to fight a fake lawsuit in the open is breathtakingly stupid

:gary:PAAAAAAAAAARPP

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

An interview with Jordan Weisman posted:

One of the reasons that Kickstarter games frequently don't deliver is that creators over-promise. They say they could deliver the moon, but when it's all said and done, all they could really make with their planned funds is a mountain. The reason Harebrained Schemes has been successful on Kickstarter is limiting the scope on their projects to what the studio can handle.

"That's one of the good dynamics in our studio, we do play as checks and balances for each other," said Weisman. "When I laid out 'Here's all the things I want to do with BattleTech,' Mitch and Mike were like, 'Okay, well that's game three in the series. This is in game two. Let's just deal with this stuff in game one.' My hope is the game is embraced and that allows us to continue down the line to explore all the things I really want to do."

"One of the things we've been really careful about is biting off what we can chew. We just shipped Shadowrun: Hong Kong, our third Kickstarter title. That's because we exercise self-restraint. We're not a Bungie or a Valve, we don't have 600 people. On the Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter, when we hit the $1 million total, fans asked 'What's the next stretch goal?' We came back and said 'There is no more.' We were worried about how they were going to respond to that. They respected that there were limits."

I like Jordan Weisman. He's the antichris: a serial entrepreneur with a ridiculous pedigree of successful projects - including being the creative director for Microsoft Games during much of Freelancer's development and three released kickstarter games. I wonder what he would say about taking over CIG

E: spelling

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 1, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MVP posted:

This game looks pretty awesome and I doubt it won't come out. All the goons are going to be super depressed they have no one to relate to when Chris Roberts' gets back to furiously deepthroating a coked up Sandi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaLl6PcRrgA

Whoa, that astonishingly exciting clip required a lot of nailbiting

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

we needed to move and I had to repair the car. But my fleet still is worth $8k.

And they say Star Citizen never hurt anyone

E:whoa

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Pattern is movement posted:

....don't make me feel bad for having to sell my Constellation to pay for rent! ...all I have left is a Cutlass.

gently caress you Pattern is movement. You ruined the Dream.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Star citizen budget breakdown

Expenditures:

• Wages: $19m
  • Non-executive wages: $9m
  • Coke: $12m
  • Rent St Monica: $9m
  • Rent Austin: $2m
  • Rent :godwinning:: €4m
  • Rent GB: £3m
  • :retrogames:: $3m
  • Crack: $4m
  • Lol rehab: $1m
  • Photoshop license fees: $9m
  • 3ds Max license fees: $1m
  • Sandi's acting "career": $4m
  • "I wanna direct because I'm a big shot Hollywood director": $4m
  • Crystal meth: $2m
  • Non-crystal meth: $1m
  • :chillpill: every time Derek drops a blog: $50k
  • Mocap poo poo: $2m
  • :gary:: $10m
  • Qualuudes $???m
  • Coffee machines: $1m
  • Coffee: $400
  • Ben's food allowance: $1m
  • Ben's girl's food allowance: $1m
  • Space court legal fees (estimated): $8m
  • Refunds: $7m

• Sum: :iiam:

Income:

• Jpg sales: $94m
  • VAT fraud: £3m
  • Bootcha: $1m

• Sum: :reddit:

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 1, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Truga posted:

Doesn't ~Space Marshall~ mean they spent 5k+? I.e. *spent*, not gotten gifted, like they keep saying?

But you see he used his in-law's credit card so he hasn't spent anything himself :downs:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Accurate accusations? I am more impressed what he doesn't know or about what he's lying.The 4 defamation lawsuits are all made up. And regarding his former legal endeavours he was (mostly) just a part of a group of defendants or plaintiffs no where near the legal warlord he claims to be.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ANYFING DEREK SAYS WITHOUT PROOF BTW IM ALWAYS RITE PLZ BELIEF ANYTHIGN I SAY W/O PROOF
Source or gtfo you twat

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
We all know that Full Burn is the greatest power ballad in the universe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toxh4i3ZEqQ

But there are other power ballads that are not lovely. What's your favorite?

My contribution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmWE9UBFwtY

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

BMan posted:

Plat pls

:yarg:

:eyepop:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Hairy Roberts:

6cl Scotch Whisky (Lagavulin 37 Year)
3 knife's edges of coke
4 pubes
Crushed ice

Mix ingredients in a shaker. Best enjoyed snorted through rolled up $100 bill.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Sorry, but without any proof I would rather believe in Santa Claus than bootcha being an investor. And following AP's links and searching this forum he already would be in serious troubles if he really is. It is one thing to pretend being an investor of some sort but being an investor and supporting allegations regarding federal crimes is really really stupid.

And if he is an investor and really signed a contract without rights to see their books, he is an idiot.

Don't worry I think posterity will judge you the winner of this argument

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Im_drunk posted:

Agreed 100% I used to share the sentiment that Illfonic was to blame for dropping the ball, then listened to that Beyond The Horizon (Oct 17) podcast where DS touched on this. It blew my mind how easily people get brain washed into believing CIG's development problems are anyone's fault besides CIG and CIG certainly hasn't done the ethical thing by coming clean and stating the obvious in this respect to at least wipe clean the massive poo poo stain they left on Illfonic's integrity as a company. Regardless of Illfonic's reputation preceding Star Marine, they have released their games and absolutely don't deserve some of the poo poo critics that are delusional Star Citizen fanatics.

What is the worse that would happen by simply coming out and saying "We're apologizing to Illfonic for immersing them in a frustrating scenario for which we've decided as a company and on behalf of the backers and Illfonic to part ways and keep development in house so they can work on other things"?. Now it only appears anybody who touches this project is going to get burned, and it's Hollywood all over again for CR.

Posting link since BS seems to be hiding atm. Well worth a listen: BTH Radio 17 october

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eldragon posted:

In the scale of project fuckups, the use of CryEngine is the smallest of the problems. Scope creep, poor project management, and perfectionism is the real issue, and that happens on any project, anywhere.

Best case scenario at this point is that SC creates so many bitter kickstarter vets that any future crowd funded game has a huge chorus of people saying "no stretch goals. Finish the game first".

Redshift25k is a MWLL and MWO exile too. Poor dude changes games that aren't out yet and is forever disappointed.

Of course I recognize the name because I'm the same thing.

Hey, I recognize your name! You're the guy that made the great pixel art of the ships in the previous threads' OP:s. Would it be okay to use the art in a potential SAGDC game?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dunite posted:

Ben can never lose a small child's weight because he has been cursed by Chris Himself to carry the mass of all the unborn children aborted so nerds can invest those future children's college funds in jpegs.

In his attic, Chris Roberts has a painting of a failed Star Citizen kickstarter with a thin Ben Lesnick.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eldragon posted:

Sure, go nuts. All I ask is you give me credit. Its free advertising

http://imgur.com/a/F05Bl

Thanks a lot!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wafflz posted:

That's probably what it is. Lipstick Apathy is pretty underwhelming but Pork Pro, Pork Pro is legit.

Derek, known SA forums whale, is "College Slice"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Yes but are you an auditor

Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MilesK posted:

These are my cats:

They're about 7 years old and both survived a fire.

This is my cat Fonzie:

He kills rats, dreams of being "Ben Lesnick" fat, and has been trained to high-five on command and meow when you say "Ayyy!".
Notice the gray hair and yellow eyes.

good cattes voted 4

:gary::wom::yarg:

• Locked thread