Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Is there even a reason to engage CIG anymore or are people going straight to chargebacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Every Star Citizen video has like five of these guys.

TheNorthHawk 1 month ago
+Listening Point I'll put this in perspective for you. Grand Theft Auto V was a game that had a remarkably fast development, because it ran on a AAA budget of 137 million dollars (This figure did NOT include marketing costs, it was all put into the game itself, just like Star Citizen's money) and ran on a proprietary engine. Its development began in 2008. Its first iteration was released in 2013, on the Xbox 360, and PS3. It wasn't terribly impressive on those old consoles, but what was that count? Five years.

Star Citizen has been in development for three years - Well, more like two, because development began in December 2012. It takes a lot of time to create a good game, and the amount they've got on the table right now for their backers to play? It's phenomenal by industry standards. Don't take my word for it - Ask anyone in the business. Every day, we can see the evidence of the hard work CiG is doing on the game.

Allegations of their misappropriation of money have no supporting evidence whatsoever. The journalist who wrote the Escapist article that started those rumours was a personal friend of one Derek Smart, a mentally unstable hack who's been doing his best to damage Star Citizen in an attempt to revitalize his own awful game, Line of Defense - a game that's been in development for five years, has never had more than 111 players online at a time, and charges its backers exorbitant amounts of money for content that doesn't work, and probably never will.

Star Citizen, on the other hand, is managing their funding brilliantly. Mark my words: This game will get made, no matter what anyone tries to do to stop it. They've got all the right people working on it, from Sandi Gardiner, their head of Marketing, to Ben Lesnick, their various heads of departments, and of course, Chris Roberts himself.

Will the game be any good? That's the bit that remains to be seen. I'm hopeful, but I really don't know. You don't know, either.

Still, I'd suggest you do your homework. Running your mouth without it just makes you look the fool.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

So finally bought an account to post in this shitshow!
Been a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan of CR ever since he made the amazing Wing Commaner and omgosh the movie was epic!

In Chris I thrust, now why da fuuu can't i click on plat links? I bought that crap lol!
Oh and hi!

a $10 joke

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Anybody tried pulsar lost colony?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I have access to a recording studio, I just know how to record my voice though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I've been gifted an account with two ships on it. What should I do with it, besides maybe forget that I have it for months, because I already did that

• Locked thread