Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Press 'F' to rape.

Shift-F for anal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
"The Enablers" Yuppppp.......

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
You would have to be the biggest idiot to use kickstarter to publicly launder mon..... NEVERMIND.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Holy poo poo I see a Seraph84 post in there. His meltdowns/pedobear/lolli rants were probably the highlight of the previous previous previous SC thread.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Also unironic bitcoin discussion.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Kakarot posted:

I missed what happened with the last seraph alt

Banned, like the previous 4 or was it 5?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

AP posted:

Wow, Dickwulf sounds totally broken, I actually feel sorry for him.

If this were mafia, that is moving the goalposts, and also a bunch of scumtells. He would be absolutely lovely at playing as scum.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

Star Citizen is very much alive and well and healthy thank you very much

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

SneakyFrog posted:

loving crosshairs really tied the whole game together man.

That and the White Russians. Can't have any Black ones.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Looks like the image in Derek's OP was taken down by Imgur.

So much for fair use parodies.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

joats posted:

Moving locations worked out for Starbound.

I thought this was old news about them dismantling Austin. They were trying to move everyone to lovely Monica.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

SneakyFrog posted:

maybe the mocap actor died and they had to keep it concealed for tax reasons so they just did the weekend at bernies thing.

They're just simulating a future where Parkisonism still isn't cured!

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

does working at certain dev studios put a black mark on you? like lets say you worked at zynga

is that a ding against you for a job? because if so I feel bad for what kind of black mark people are going to get over CIG

I might be wrong, but I think in many cases your work speaks for itself. If you are an artist, you have ea portfolio, if you are a developer you might have some sample code you have written, etc.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

okay that makes sense

i guess the artists could get a pass but i feel like it would be hard to brag about your star citizen portfolio as a developer :stare:

i guess you could sell it as "look, this was a mess and I helped make it not a mess by doing X, Y, Z"

Remember as a mid level employee you have no influence on that. That would be like judging every utility worker at Enron when they applied to a new job.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Are you saying you wouldn't? :colbert:

I don't think so, no. Remember we aren't employees there. It is a different dynamic from what we see on the outside. It's easy for us to step back and look at the situation and be like, 'WHAT THE gently caress, WHY DON'T YOU RUN" but they still need income. I wouldn't fault someone staying at a paying job utilizing their abilities while looking for a new place of employment. I think it would make for an interesting interview though.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

FagtasticalMondays posted:

So what is currently happening with this scam??

Is it a case that its "developers" have blown all the their money on hookers and coke, playing on the indoctrinated masses who are too invested at this stage to cough up more money/chase off any nay sayers?

Also, how close is this drama bomb to reaching critical mass?

If we are going off of historical dates, it's like July 12th 1945. We got some time before the first big explosion where nobody dies except some cows. Then we have two metaphorical weeks until the next big drama bomb.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I can't even wrap my head around the cognitive dissonance present. My mind is full of gently caress.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

D_Smart posted:

I took care of it. Check out the OP now. It's all there.

You should link to the posts that explain how to get a refund too.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Darkpriest667 posted:

I bet your PDAS appraisals are poo poo. Mine are stellar. I love my job, I love my district, and I am revered in my school by students and staff alike. I give a poo poo about kids and their future. I'm sorry you have a stick up your rear end. I hope you get that treated.

I bet your students are unironically better posters than you.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

I thought goons usually disliked rich people who send their lawyers in to suppress any criticism.

I mean yeah burn out Reddit scummery, but if you think Derek is doing this for any reason than feeding his vast, ugly, unearned ego then you're a sucker.

Best case - the Swedish mafia whack everyone involved. This game was an obvious shitshow even back when you people put in your 'modest' $200.

Pretty sure nobody gives a poo poo why he is doing it, just that what he is doing is loving hilarious.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
We all know how much Sandi hates Movember.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Wheelchair or not the adult is competent, though a complete moron. Why should that stop anything? The internet is not some place where you can sit around and talk poo poo and never expect repercussions especially if you try and screw with someone's financials and threaten their wellbeing.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
We have reached peak armchair. Developers psychiatrists lawyers. What's next?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Tippis posted:

By that logic, we shouldn't be ridiculing CRobber either.

What's this we poo poo. Most of us post funny gifs and laugh at the stupidity.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

joats posted:

The government thinks that 19 years old is not old enough to make mature and responsible decisions. The internet proves this. TBH I think that around 26 is when people stop acting like kids, can form an argument, and have interesting topics of discussion.

So yeah, when you have only lived a quarter of your life, 19 years old is still a kid.

This is a bad post, and you are bad. You should rethink your posting. Also, who gives a gently caress what YOU or science think when it comes to final maturation of cognitive functions, all that matters is how the law perceives someone.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

WebDO posted:

Point of medical fact: Duchenne's, ALS, and Becker's have a natural history that precludes a normal average lifespan. For those that want to adjust their denominators.

You have no idea what he has. It easily could have been from trauma, and he will live an entirely long life. It could have been some sort of congenital condition with the development of his cord in the lumbrosacral plexus. Who knows why he is in a wheel chair.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

Come on, what do you think this thread has been doing for months? We've made plenty of things as dumb as, say, Kate Russell's bad video that got lawyer'd. I'm all for seeing neckbeards get a slap, but don't act like this doesn't boil down to which side is more willing to waste their lawyers' time.

Okay real post. There is absolutely a line here. That line is crossed when you actually go out of your way to personally threaten someone. Mocking Sandi because of some random story about pubes, or the complete lack of progress on the game, or the fact that they can't keep project managers or middle/upper level management employed, or the fact that refunds are coming from random companies that you never sent money to, or... I can keep going... none of that is harmful. When you create a campaign that actively targets an individual and begins reporting their social media because you don't agree with them, or you threaten to 'destroy' someone because you disagree with their assessment of your obsession with a game, you have taken it too far. DSMART MD DDS PHD literally is the only one in this so called fight with CIG, and he can do whatever the gently caress he wants with his money and his lawyers for all I care. It is his time and energy and money spent. But don't sit here and equate the rest of us to Derek's crusade. If we were to stoop to the level of those idiot reddit cultists we would have to be reporting all of them to reddit to get banned, or actually doxxing them and using it for malicious purposes like attacking their place of work, or causing financial difficulties for them. This ridiculous Smart Shart War is only between him and RSI, and any of those loving morons that keep inserting themselves as cannon fodder for RSI are literally falling on their own swords for no reason.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

WebDO posted:

I don't think you understand; I was not prognosticating on any particular case, simply supplying a medical fact for the edification of all

Ah, no worries. I was doing neurological exams on lower limbs on Tuesday, it was stuck in my head.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Maldoror posted:

*in five year old's voice* you're a poop toucher

poo poo....

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I especially enjoy them all complaining about 'having to see the gifs'. Seriously, is it that hard to NOT CLICK A LINK. Someone should link images of stillborn children there.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

SneakyFrog posted:

huh.. you mean i dont have to click a link someone put on the internet?

:psyduck:

I don't even know the psychological term but whatever it is when you literally have someone go "that's sharp" and then you touch it and cut yourself, and then bitch about it being sharp, knowing full well ahead of time.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Reddit is a safe space; downvote button is Butters; all posters are fat Vin Diesel.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Oh look - :lesnick: trying to be funny, and Token is there.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

D_Smart posted:

It's true.

I broke the news on 09/24

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/660149012591345665

Chris was forced to address it on 09/25

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14995-Monthly-Studio-Report

The TX office was supposed to be completely shutdown according to my sources. Instead, in a move designed to "prove Derek Smart wrong" (seriously), they leased out a much smaller place and will have less than a handful of people there.

The more money you force them to spend, the more blame you will get, and the funnier the dying throws will be. Win win all around.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Hello Token. I bet you got to keep your job. Let's get some more affirmative action going on.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
New currency. Parp points.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Alpha 2.0 is probably going to get released the same day as the E:D expansion, except the only change to the game is the revision build number and they will make you redownload everything.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Chris Parpberts.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chancebarnett/2015/10/30/sec-approves-title-iii-of-jobs-act-equity-crowdfunding-with-non-accredited/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

I know, I've been here for two years and I haven't plugged my radio show once.

What's your radio show?

• Locked thread