Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Peggy sue peggy sue oh my darling i love you
Oh peggy my peggy sue
I am going to sue, oh sue sue sue oh Peggy I am going to sue you ooh ooh oh
I hate you all and I'm going to loving sue ooh ooh uh ooh ohh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

hold me

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
resevered

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alphabettitouretti posted:

Does anyone have a good recipe for leg of pork? I have a pig leg in the fridge and need to do something with it.

Get leg of pork, cook for a while, eat with spoon

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I got impatient and skipped the cook bit of the instructions. Raw meat is somewhat hard to cut with a spoon.

try knife, could work, should still be nice

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
morons

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Node posted:

Where can I find a summary of Star Citizen, Derek Smart, and how this whole debacle came to be?

I've always been ignoring the Star Citizen threads. I literally had no idea Derek Smart, Derek Smart, DEREK SMART! had anything to do with it until just now.

Star Citizen the game is late coming out, many think it won;t ever.
Derek stepped in to call everyone a cocksucker, especially those making the game.
They got pissy, Derek got pissy and then Reddit lumbered in and got pissy.
They all stood in a triangle pissing all over each other, all over each other legs, torsos, even in each other mouths, for weeks.
Then they all went for a few lemonades, got together again and pissed all over each other again.
That brigs you bang up to date I think

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Welcome to Shart Pissizen

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

drat Dirty Ape posted:

You forgot the part about the pubes.

I knew there was something :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dapper Dan posted:

Don't forget the ten year ban for dissenting on a completely different forum. Or the hilarious connection to the failed Gizmondo which was a money laundering scam.

Or the poo poo game that's poo poo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TubeStank posted:

guys i thought up a funny pun on the name "star citizen"

are you ready for this?

star shitizen

lol

:thurman:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wulf Knight posted:

Dr Derek Smart, you are in so much trouble, you just don't know it. Sending your goons to stalk and harass me was your final mistake!

uh ohhhh

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

I removed his name, he linked his twitter earlier.

There's a guy on the RSI forums with almost the same twitter handle who appears to want to contribute towards suing Derek Smart.

At least Karl posting here is out far less money than that guy as he seems to be a "Space Marshall" which I seem to remember costs you a $5000 donation (you get some ships as a free thank you).

an open and shut case of tortoise interference

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SneakyFrog posted:

tortoises are a protected species here. EPA violations for molesting em.

of course Ive never been into tortoises that way but thats what the law says.. dont molest the turtle-likes.

Moral of the story here has to be don't interfere with a tortoise

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

Yeah, he was a major part of helping them with the cryengine and was on The Last Great Starship (just like Firefly cancelled after one series)

Derek Smart broke the news too which is going to annoy them.

Without this guy how are they going to continue to expertly manipulate Cryengine into doing the impossible like having crosshairs and running well?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Star Citizen is very much alive and well and healthy thank you very much

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

I dunno Peter, a casual observer may start to question what exactly is happening to the best space game ever.

Well thankfully everything is OK and going well so phew at least that's that out of the way and we can all continue looking forward to Star Citizen again

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

joats posted:

Click here to make your wildest dreams come true!

Gently caress YOU! You almost loving got me

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

At least he can leave with his head held high in the knowledge that it was a good job well done.

Wandering Samurai Studios

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SirPhoebos posted:

No accounting for taste, but I guess that Sandi thought that Chris would be a springboard for her career. By the time she realized this was a bad call, sunk cost fallacy had taken root.

Art imitates life again

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's me all along, I am:

Dik Wulf
Chris robots
Derek

And more.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

joats posted:

Wow you had me convinced it was all different people. You should go into theater.

Fix the lame rear end OP.

It was hard work but worth it to make you guys all think there were some issues with Star Citizen, sorry for fooling you all though!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yes, we are one hive mind. Now you only need to link everything together. C'mon you can do it.

are you Poirot or something like that? Or a famous singer? Am I in the right ball park?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

nobody cares

I dunno, it was a fascinating post, a real doozy, a literal AYE CaRMUBA moment, a game changing post, a real ajh\fkh

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I knew it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
What is a pork egg?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Woah

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

Hey, I thought it was funny. I mean I can't know for sure obviously, but I think there's a high probability that you are the German RSI crazy person, the German reddit crazy person and the current SA crazy person. Considering you all post the same poo poo, archive SA posts and appear to be crazy, you're from Germany right?

Problem I have is that if you are, then you've already lied about spending $0 on Star Citizen, so I won't believe a denial. So be a pal and confirm it because that's the only way I'll doubt it.

You can tell he is German from his posting style, I am an expert at spotting Germans in many scenarios

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

internet works not liek that doods

Look, if there's one group of people who know about jpegs and stuff not materialising it's the Citizens

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

3 posted:

ahaha loving :lol: so they actually did deactivate my account but since i never logged out of the brown sea i can still post just fine, i just can't access my account settings

Goatse, you know what must be done

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
In case anyone is wondering / may not know.
The bits of the game you can play are poo poo, and I mean that. I'm not just shitposting here. The flight model is off, everything runs like absolute poo poo. The parts you walk around in are clunky and dull as gently caress.
Everything feels about 10 - 15 years old, like Anarchy Online or something.
The flight combat is terrible, no feedback, no feeling of power or ooomph behind your shots fired, the ship is floaty and horrible to fly. The race you can do is amazing because it should be good (in a Diddy Kong Racing kind of way, go from checkpoint to checkpoint) but is dull, frustrating and ultimately absolute poo poo.
There is nothing redeeming about the game you can actually use apart from it looks OK in parts when you are still.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

It looks like either CIG staff or White Knights are flagging them for removal. In fact, they no longer even appear in my imgur account. So much for memes.

If you guys have other host links where they won't do this poo poo, lmk.

tinypic.com seems to give zero fucks

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

If I post it from my account, they will have it removed. They've had three of these removed already.

Use tinypic and become a winner

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

LGD posted:

I like this metaphor but what the gently caress kind of taco truck are you going to that they'd use a microwave for anything?!?! please seek out better taco options tia

Don;t blame that guy it was Chris Roberst drat taco van

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

It is an alpha and Rome wasn't built in a day

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

Better yet, I don't even believe him. So he's probably trolling us.

Here's what I will do. Let him get his friend to give him the first line of the last DM he sent me, as well as the date it was sent. Then I'll know for certain that he has this "friend". Anything else, and it's a lie.

Hang on a sec, we've been here before with encrypted messages

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

I like how Derek still hasn't managed to grasp how [img] tags work.

He coded Line Of Defence don't you know

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

Have there really been like 7 Star Citizen threads?

We churn out threads like they churn out jpegs ayeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Palpek posted:

:siren: I highly encourage everybody who made a photoshop of that fucken Gary Oldman face to post it in the GBS thread :siren: because there's a high chance it will be goldmined and land on the frontpage:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748544

Posted mine :smug:

• Locked thread