Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
PREPARE FOR SPACE COURT

pftc posted:

I've been talking with BoredDellTechnician.

Dolvak is no longer a moderator at r/DerekSmart.

I assume he wanted me to pass the message along.

Smart claims another scalp. That's two in a row, Reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

I made meatballs last night for dinner.
were they swedish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSSGvOV5bt8

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I approve of the Dune avatar. Not the rape.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Maldoror posted:

The 93 million dollars is what they say they got.

Would they have any reason to lie? Could it be more or less than that, and would they have an advantage to lying about what they actually received from backers?
I think the $$$ numbers are real. The day-to-day numbers (down to the hour) on the gdoc show the revenue rising and falling with ship sales, events, etc. It is a lot of money but even some really dumb poo poo has raised several million on Kickstarter. This is just bigger, dumber and shittier than them all.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

alphabettitouretti posted:

At least he can leave with his head held high in the knowledge that it was a good job well done.

We have just folded space from Ix.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 26, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

fuctifino posted:

Austin was quite a big team at one time.
I know where this is.

Should I go ring the doorbell and shout "SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM" while running away.

Maybe it could be a stretch goal on my Patreon. The next one will be me sitting in my car outside while playing "The Final Countdown" really loud.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Bootcha update:

Bootcha posted:

They know who I am! :ohdear:

(Also who I am on SA. :dance: )

And they know my videos. :neckbeard:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
In the grim darkness of Star Citizen, there are only dick pics.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is there a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' primer somewhere? Because seriously what the gently caress is going on?

Like, there was gonna be a spaceship game and now everyone's pissed off?
That's pretty much it. The hilarity comes from the fact that we *don't* know what's going on, except the project is at the very least deeply troubled, and if you believe Derek Smart, on the verge of imminent collapse. There are some people posting here who know more than what they're letting on.

The dick pics and Reddit/SA flamewar is an amusing side-drama. And it's a crowdfunded project so the implications are bigger than if it was some big corporation losing money.

You've got to hop on the :bandwagon: and ride.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

Over the course of the next month, basically everything that DS alleged that could be proven, was proven, mostly relating to firings and internal behavior. CIG's responses grew increasingly weird and erratic. They went from ignoring him to banning/refunding him to summarily firing "Traitors" to threatening a journalist who covered some of this with legal action. Not making this up. His campaign did get them to begrudgingly open up the refund gates though, and everyone in this thread who still had any money in the game promptly got it out. This all culminated in a ludicrous "Citizen Con" event where they basically got up on stage and revealed that they had gently caress-all to show for the last year's worth of development- then Chris Roberts spit on a cake, cut it up and served it to people while the attendees sang happy birthday. Still not making this up.
This was the most important thing. Me: never backed Star Citizen, was never interested. But CIG's overreaction to Derek Smart set off all the red alert sirens. You had to have been in the thread to witness it. Chris Roberts posted a stream-of-consciousness letter attacking Derek Smart and The Escapist, which is one of the goddamned craziest things I've seen a company CEO do. Then there was the aforementioned "Citizen Con" event and what you said.

Now Derek is promising Armageddon. Is he talking out of his rear end? Will he soon be proven right? Stay tuned in this thread to find out!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Godspeed you crazy premium goons. :regd10:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

Pictured: Redditor defending Star Shitizen, while making GBS threads on Elite.

But how can anyone call a game lovely while simulatenously spending 100 hours on it? I have never spent that much time on any game, much less a game I hate!
We're talking about giant losers even by video gamer standards and I think you're forgetting that. I think you're losing perspective.

Edit: Please don't change my avatar Reddit... :ohdear:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 27, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If anyone comes in here posting like "Hey guys what's going on with Star Citizen can someone sum up?" or "What's Derek Smart doing here HUH that's crazy lol?" or anything like that, well there's a loving war going on that's what! And Reddit has found a way to weaponize sheer stupid. Our only defense ... a blistering shitpost counter-attack.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I saw today that LoD has nukes in it, which is kinda cool. I might play it for that alone.

Edit: Like even if there's only one other person on the server, I'd still play it just to nuke 'em.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It would be pretty cool if Derek Smart bought the assets after all this was over and then was the one to actually release Star Citizen.
Oh god please please please please let this happen.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

thatguy posted:

Also, if we could stop talking about Derek's game in this thread that'd be nice too.
You know what we need.

A dedicated Derek Smart's 3000AD game thread. Who's in? I'm so in.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Saw a comment on Reddit thread about an upcoming Star Citizen meetup:

Which made me curious:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You're planning something, Bootcha. Something big.

I can feel it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Klyith posted:

Not the food pictures too! You can go after the parody gifs, but deleting our taco jpegs?

YOU BASTARDS THIS MEANS WAR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjZcT8ZP7qI&t=20s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Archive this Reddit:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ignore this post. Self-owning report bot test.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You may take our JPEGs, but you'll never take our :gary:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Derek Smart is like ... Muad'Dib if you think about it. He who controls the JPEGs controls the internet. When Derek was cast out of the space game community, he came to our sietch and proved his prowess as a goon. Nay, he proved himself a greater shitposter than all other goons, for which the prophecies foretold will lead us to salvation.

He is the Kwisatz Haderach of shitposting. He is the one who can shitpost where we cannot.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:vince:

This is like an Aphex Twin video.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjfycO1Sy2A

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Greatest thread in internet history.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Derek challenge the wheelchair kid to a virtual reality boxing match.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek Smart Wins Again
"Derek Smart isn't trapped in here with you."

*gets trolled*

"YOU'RE TRAPPED IN HERE WITH DEREK SMART"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Amethyst posted:

You literally have a Derek Smart avatar. You're a cheerleader for an incredibly stupid obsessive who doxes wheelchair bound vid game fans because he has nothing better to do. You probably spend several hours a week in this lovely thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtPRF6NG7I

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:wtchris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcv5Ma8u8k

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mukip posted:

Because MLK had a dream, and Derek Smart is the fulfilment of that dream. Whereas we see a wheechair, an object of divison; Derek just sees a person. A person 20+ year's his junior who he should send threats to over the Internet.
To be the fair the guy was posting things like "I will never rest until Derek Smart is destroyed mwa ha ha!" and bragging about trying to get him banned from Twitter. Pretty much anyone else and goons would be lolling, but they see the wheelchair and suddenly he's a precious baby and :qq:

What I'm saying is Smart is gonna Smart.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 28, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chalks posted:

So wait Derek is just threatening to tell a 19 year old's parents that he's being an rear end in a top hat about a video game?

Are you kidding me - this is what all this drama is about?
Yes.

Kimsemus posted:

bushido internet white knight code

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 28, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Maldoror posted:

where's derek smart been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. That's him in the wheelchair.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nemo2342 posted:

Pages late, but every time someone complains about doxxing I have to wonder if no one remembers the phone book. You know, that thing they used to leave on your doorstep that had everyone's name, address, and phone number?

Complaining that someone found your real name because you tied it to a very visible social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, etc) to me is pretty much the same as complaining that someone looked you up in the white pages and found your phone number.
Also people used to live in more tightly-knit communities where everyone knew everyone else. You'd get shamed by your fellow townspeople or whoever.

But we don't live like that anymore so people who feel aggrieved by others resort to appealing to (big, distributed online) third parties who will mock and shame the transgressor. It's not that Derek Smart will leak their names that has a deterrent effect, it's that he serves it up to the goons to make hilarious photoshops.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

neonbregna posted:

Internet warlords work in mysterious ways

Smaller head version:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 29, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If I had to choose between playing EVE or a machine that just repeatedly punches me in the balls, I'd pick the machine.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That actually happened. Think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

/// 💀💀💀💀 /// SMART ASSAULT IN PROGRESS /// 💀💀💀💀 ///
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6J_vbXyx-Y