Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Ugh, I want to rant about that, but I don't want to do it on the actual SC forums, because that would mean joining the SC forums.

"rape for the sake of realism" is just so loving incoherent that it makes me want to puke. Funnily enough, when you have a fictional narrative, especially sci-fi or fantasy, rape is not an inevitable consequence of anything. Including it as a fun way to dominate your enemies in a game is beyond an insult to actual rape survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Unfunny Poster posted:

You want to know whats almost as bad, if not worst? :lesnick: (CIG's Lead Community Manager at the time) & his crew let it go unmolested despite being told about it and how, you know, creepy that poo poo is but instead banned Goons for threads like this: https://forums.robertsspaceindustreis.com/discussion/126105/flag-female-gamers-group (not sure its accessible anymore but that's the link) that was just "hey gals, let's make a chat group for the girls so we don't get harassed by dudes."

Yeah, I was in Arsehole Squad with Lauresh for a little while. They banned her for 'trolling' (because feeeeeemales wanting an exclusive group must be an incendiary troll attempt, not a sincere request). They really have had it in for goons since the very beginning of the RSI forums.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

G0RF posted:

I will say that Sandi herself has created a biography so full of contradictions that, if nothing else, we should know better than to trust her as a reliable source. She lies about herself-- a lot-- and brags about herself just as much. How she reached this age-- whatever it is-- without learning that true confidence in self doesn't require perpetual acts of self-congratulation ("I'm currently reading LotR in French", "I train in MMO twice a week with a Six Dan Blackbelt", etc.), attention seeking (like dressing way too provacatively for work), misrepresentation of self (educational credentials / age / professional accomplishments) and alleged humiliation of subordinates (The Escapist accounts) is the bigger mystery to me.

I'm reading Harry Potter in French; does that qualify me to run the marketing department of a game publisher?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Man, Stardew Valley is a farming sim with a one man dev team and no crowdfunding (he's not even doing preorders), and the game is still closer to completion than SC will ever be.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Mr.Tophat posted:

Can confirm, manky is a word

I thought Manky was a pokemon

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Asema posted:

wait I thought we were all joking around and having fun, can you literally not choose a gender for your character yet? is that a "big" loving feature that they are waiting on?

tbqh even today having a playable lady character is still a pretty big deal in the wider gaming industry, though it's more common in the context of RPGs and MMOs.

I just can't wait to see the space equivalent of boobplate.

The Before Times fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Oh wow, I cracked the code!

that's some heavy poo poo. no wonder it's being kept so hush hush

• Locked thread