Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

:coffee:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Idris M Pricing also collapsed from a peak of $3800 from memory, down to $2400 for anyone looking to pick up a wild bargain. https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/3qvknw/blackmarket_idris_m_2299_just_how_low_can_it_go/

Scythe's down from a peak of $1800 to $1000 now.

Grey market RSI rate (non LTI) remains steady at about 80-85%.

LTI looking at being "valued" at about $0-$20, with "Limited ships" being kind of useless - probably because they aren't limited at all.
CIG finally did it. LTI is worth nothing, even on the grey market.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

Hey redditors, it's not Illfonic's fault Star Marine got shitcanned (yes, it got shitcanned, the assets are reused but all the FPS stuff was recoded), but rather CIG's dumbass decision to contract out part of the game while they were converting the engine to 64 bit, making anything Illfonic made unable to be merged into the main branch. They completely wasted their money other than whatever reusable assets they might have got from them and you are all idiots if you can't see that it's all been redone from the ground up.

I can picture when they had that one producer actually go to Illfonic's studio when they were already over the two weeks release date in an effort to hasten things up a bit, only to realize they were in full panic when they realized none of the poo poo they had made could possibly be integrated back into the game after all that work. Which would make sense given those Glassdoor reviews saying there is poor communication.

What infuriates me

- Everyone is entirely blind to the gross inefficiencies that were done and whiteknighting CIG, while seeminly embracing the idea that "SQ42 will fund the PU".

- Millions upon millions were utterly blown on arrogance.
- "Open development" being everything (spamming PR crap) while refusing to talk about the things that really matter.
- Studio "updates" that are always positive - without acknowledgement of the genuine issues and problems that come with development - a far departure from the "honest look" backers were supposed to get into the project
- Not so much as a pie chart showing the financials.
- "Demos" that are "built" for the purposes of showing off the game, not showing actual progress. They actually said "we learned so much in getting the demo ready". Truly frightening.

Oh well. At least Ben has lost some more weight and is being heartily congratulated for it.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

MOAR posted:

chill out broskis it's still pre-alpha.

We've moved on. Where have you been?

Also...

“Never trust people who smile constantly. They're either selling something or not very bright.”

― Laurell K. Hamilton, Burnt Offerings

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 31, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Fascinating.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Hybridfusion posted:

Got those coffee makers at my office, those are still pretty expensive, about $9,000, so basically that is $20,000 of coffee right there

edit: They are the Jura GIGA X7 if you wanna buy one for yourself!

At least it benefits the staff. There is no good coffee in Germany, just filtered rubbishy and you can't even get a flat white.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

If you have ever posted in a concern thread you can't join his org (one of his forum comments).
This was back before concerns were forced into a dev abandoned black hole to avoid giving newcomers the wrong impression about SC.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Can someone please point me to any formal posts / discussions justifying / disclosing that Sandi Gardiner has a role in SQ42?
Does she have any talent in acting? Do we have any clips?
Is she being paid what the others are or is she acting for her current wage to help cut costs for SC? If she was paid, did she renounce her salary she pays herself currently? Or did she do DOUBLE work and get both?
Are there any rumblings about this in the brown sea or have I missed it? (Or did the thread get locked, the poster banned or the post sent to oblivion in the concern thread?).

Edit : Oh - And did CIG bother to say that she was going to be acting / we were backing to kickstart her acting career at any point or was that part of the "suprise" and the Chairman's vision?
Pay analysis of what she likely got for her last gig vs. the lowest paid actor in the cast would make for interesting reading. If this is legit, it should have been disclosed and explained to backers. This just seems ridiculously self-indulgent. Her name was also left off somewhere, but now its in?

Edit 2 - Karl - Go sell all your assets. How much are you in for? A heavy investment impairs judgement. Then start listening and looking a bit more closely. Notice the gaps and silences in the official dialogues we are given. Look at the community and how they deal with criticism. Ask yourself whether you have ever known a work project to go smoothly. Ask yourself if we deserve to know what is actually happening. Then ask yourself if that is what we have gotten. Separate Derek and Star Citizen criticism in your mind. Have a coffee. Now try again.

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Nov 1, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

CrazyTolradi posted:

The most hilarious part of the SQ42 casting is that she's billed before people who, you know, have an actual career in acting. They've long since stopped trying to hide the obvious nepotism that's going on. If this poo poo was being done by any other studio, say one backed by a publisher, there'd be howling from Reddit so loud you'd hear it out in space.

This really annoys me.

Did she audition? What was the process? "Hey Erin, decide if my wife is good enough"? "Hi Erin, hey, put Sandi in there somehow" or "Hey Erin, Sandi's going to be xyz - make it work!".

Nepotism and conflicts of interest more than anything else drives me up the wall. It poisons whatever it is part of and chokes the life out of anything good that is still there. It demoralises. It invites the misuse of office. Then there's the preferential treatment, and special patronage that works as a shield to hide and prevent proper criticism and work flow. The many hats basically means that she's not 2ic and the first rule of working there remains what it is - Don't upset Sandi. It undermines faith in a project and makes things look like a family business run not for the backers. Did I mention its bad for morale? Everytime there is a raise or promotions it causes more problems - though with Sandi already riding high, I guess there isn't much left to take. Nepotism and its cousin, hiring friends, are the leading methods of keeping other ethnic and racial groups out (except the obligatory black sports reporter and rapper friends which appear to be paraded around recently). Nepotism also exacerbates beneath the surface problems and breeds a culture of "loyalty" and special family secrecy.

Ugh.

The silence on the RSI forums is deafening.

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 1, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

AP posted:

His RSI profile lists him as a "Space Marshal" on the Bridge to Total Freedom , so somewhere between $5-10K.

:cry:

Karl - I used to be a Grand Admiral.
The "used to be" is the redeeming part.
Think about many of the people you trusted to deliver the project. Where are they? How many are gone? Why did they go? Do you really believe there is smoke without fire?
What happened to dissent? The promises to engage with "concerns"? They got shunted to a "concern forum" that barely made it into "Star Citizen" at all. When was the last time devs responded to ANYTHING in there?

We are 90 million+ in, and still no FPS delivery and no admission of a mega botchup SOMEWHERE. You think they are being entirely honest with us? Remember promises of being shown things "as they actually were"?
Remember the "We won't take any funds until SC is delivered" statement from CR? Do you believe they are taking a wage? Do you believe this?
Still no real way of explaining how the economy will work, mudflation will be handled? Do you think they are really thinking ahead enough, or bumbling, imperfectly through a one-man decision making funnel called Chris?
When exactly do you believe the PU will ever be delivered? Still ships are being released on concept and still people are being milked more.
Change of terms of service on the sly? Rewriting hundreds of lines without proper notification? Official silences on embarrassing yet crucial questions?

Wake up.

Karl, you too can set yourself free. (Unless you bought an ungiftable mega pack of course.)
In which case, you might still be able to cash out at 80%.
No game is worth that much. You hear that tiny voice in your head saying "you spent too much"? The voice is right. Listen to it now. You'll thank us.

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 1, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Concierge weighs in on complainers. Response was to a backer (now banned) who complained he had gotten less, not more than he was promised.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/290440/thank-you-chris-roberts-for-the-uec/p2

Tokomi
Tokomi AggressorBacker TOKOMI
Posted: October 17
To our beloved Complainers: perhaps you backed for the wrong reasons and now, since that is revealed, you are naturally disappointed. .. who knows? But had you gone in for other reasons you wouldn't be here griping. Again, who knows?

In any case, you could do yourselves a favor and simply stop cluttering up threads and forums, be silent, or go away - for the short or long or permanent term. Removing ypurself fropm the source of pain may ease it. There are options of recourse for you. But it seems to me that you probably know that, adults that you are, yet whining about abput it here simply reveals your either immaturity, inability to cope, desire to tear the project down, or a combination of all those. What it doesn't do is change absolute facts or give you your passive agressive demands.

With respect, I pity you. :/
---
Moving on...

Instead of a CS ticket simply saying thanks.

I'll say it here.

Thanks, CIG and CR. Jolly capital of you. You didn't have to do that.
Permalink FlagQuote

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Nation posted:

Sandi looks disgusting and i would NOT* have sex with her

*this is an official position of the sexhaver anonymous crew

Have some class.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3r7rrm/can_i_just_say_something_about_illfonic/

Hey retards: it's because the branch they developed their part on was different than the branch CIG was converting to 64 bit, and the two couldn't be merged without starting 100% from scratch. Illfonic made a perfectly serviceable game, but because of mismanagement from CIG it couldn't be used.

And guess what happened? FPS stuff was started again from scratch. That's why it was delayed indefinitely, they realized they had to completely redo it and it wasn't because it was Illfonic's fault.

Again, his is what infuriates me about "open development" as CIG sees things. Plenty of positive PR which they call open, and the real issues are swept under the carpet, along with mismanagement.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Not really. Sandi didn't discover a diploma. She discovered a letter supposedly from a Dean.

Alright, I've got one of those too. It's something they do in Australia when you do really well over a semester. If you are on track and get a high GPA for the subjects you did that term (Average a distinction), you get an award. At the end of your degree, if your GPA is high enough, you get one of those letters - at least that's how it worked in the Uni I attended.

Based on that, in my opinion, it does look likely she has a degree in something.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Tarranon posted:

why are you obsessing over nails now

stop being creepy

He'll discuss her shoes next.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

AP posted:

Incredible stuff, but if this is true it's amazing and the grey market is finished. Derek will need to put a new blog out asap. Link > You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this link.

I don't think Derek could pull it off, even with that wild plan. If he does, it would devastate the market though. Expect to see RSI going at 20% or less, leading to a full scale collapse within a week.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
https://www.reddit.com/user/Accelerwraith was banned from /r/starcitizen_trades not /r/starcitizen. Permabans from there are usually permanent and bans do not carry over to /r/starcitizen.
The context of that post was that people were utterly outraged that someone would buy a limited ship like the jav and then sell it for profit. The sheer outrage and fury that you would deny a true believer a ship was seen as scalping and so attracted the rage and ire of the loyalists.
The outrage of that particular citizen was such that he wished death on the one that did it.

Reference : https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/2np2d4/blackmarket_javelin_destroyer_with_lifetime/

The OP later posted this:

[–]Gamediscount -38 points 11 months ago
Okay, I posted this over there but I'll post it here too because a lot of people are mad at me for doing what I did.
I understand a lot of people are angry about this, but consider that what I am doing is not that much different than many traders here. I don't see myself as having inflated the price all that much-people on here sell the Idris-M for 4x-5x more than its original price, or aurora packages for 3x-5x their original price. I'm only selling it for just a little over double its original price. I do not think I am being particularly unethical with regards to my pricing here.
No one complains when people sell their Idris, 890 Jump, or Phoenix for double or more, but I get singled out as evil for doing the same with my Javelin? I get that some of you are mad because you could not get one, but there are still 199 left for you to get at CIG's price.

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 4, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

revmoo posted:

Good lord nobody loving cares. Go away. This is a comedy forum and you are posting precisely 0 comedy.

Firstly, Derek assumed his ban was lifted - secondly, who appointed you chief comedian? If you don't see the humor in whales getting furiously outraged because someone bought a $4500 priced digital jpeg, to the point of threatening them with death, I'm just sorry.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Bootcha posted:

In non-shitposting news, thanks all for the audio files so far.

I currently need some specific parts.

The HOTAS line.
Pretty much the entire 3rd stanza.
More :gary: PAAAAAAAAARP

For those that missed it:

The guideline track is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7sfrtqzzblfdgw/Guideline.mp3?dl=0
The Lyrics are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jnwm967wxm643v/Lyrics.txt?dl=0
The best background tempo music track is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzc6s94YXw

D_Smart, if you would like to participate, I think you know what line I'd like you to do (Hint: After the third stanza).

Also, if someone knows illectro, please let him know as well.

Looking forward to this. Derek, do it.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

G0RF posted:

Dang, you weren't kidding...

I hope she never stops her "awkward moments with Ben" series. Love them.

In other news, Guard frequency have announced that they are "adjusting" the podcast to cover other space sims. There are hints that Derek may have demoralised them.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

update me

I think the last big thing people were talking about was the Austin office move

It is all about cats presently, a lot of :gary: a Sandi adaption, Derek's top secret plans hidden behind a password you can only access if you have a premium account, Karl (who is in denial and wonderfully amusing when he denies Bootcha is an investor) and a new rule that all posts must be funny.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

:vince:

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Please keep in mind that I am a barely functioning idiot and so the course I followed should be considered a guideline at best.

Initial email

They then ask me to blame the escapist or Smart. To both parties I imagine I owe my refund, in one way or another. My response:

Everything else that was exchanged were variations of "Hello where are we with this" and "Yes, cancel everything give me my money, no I do not care if I cannot use this account to post on your forum."

Mostly it was just a lot of waiting. Mentioning chargebacks will probably shorten your wait. I didn't do that. CS never attempted to convince me to not request a refund, as they have others. I can't imagine anyone was sorry to see me go.

That was a lot of words I am sorry everyone.

Your leaving will be a devastating loss to Cutlass owners in particular.
Don't forget to leave a kind parting message, will you?

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Can't sleep.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Bootcha posted:

I think the worst, most telling barometer in this whole thing is who Chris Roberts has chased away from his old Origin/DA posse.

Eric Peterson, with him at the beginning at Origin, at DA, with CIG. Left.
Travis Day, son of the Elder Day, long time Origin and DA and CIG. Left.
Martin Galway, Origin and DA. Forced to leave.
George Oldziey, Origin, didn't even get so much as a sideways glance after 6 months.
Rob Irving, Origin, left shortly after Eric.

These were the guys that backed CR and his project, or at least signed on slightly later saying "I'm sure we can do this".

I never really talked to Tony, he was always busy when I was at the Austin office. I can't imagine what's going through his head, should the downsizing/obsolescence of the Austin office come true.

As I've been finding out, the echoes of my own investigation got around and I've been hearing from other ex-Origin folks who knew CR to be a Hollywood wanna-be and what's happening is kinda close to what development went through with WC4.

Beyond actors looking for work, I can't think of any Hollywood-era CR folks backing him up.

Lesnick is the only one I can think of from Origin days that still stands beside CR. Considering how much of his life he's dedicated to keeping Wing Commander semi-relevant, both in material preservation and the CIC site itself, I'm not sure he can tear himself away from the project. He moved from Maryland to Austin to LA in the span of 3 years, all while getting married. I can't imagine Ben and Alexis are comfortable. Honestly, I think he's as fed up with this project as I am. But he's the nerd jester in CR's court, being told to dance. And he will, it's a job.

It's all just... poo poo.

And those are exactly the guys that I found the most likeable, personally. I believe one leaving. Even two. But streams of top talent leaving tells me that they can't work with Chris. And when scores of people tell you they can't work with someone, there's smoke. Add that to the ex-employees, and I have little doubt about what is happening behind all the smiley faces. Martin is a little more outspoken about the issues compared to the other guys.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Oldtime goon. Outspoken. Banned from RSI in the early days from memory. Sold all his ships for him a long time ago. One of the first to see through the shenanigans and PR.

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 6, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

G0RF posted:

I'm going to have to back this. Thanks for the pointers!

----

Meanwhile, those of you not enduring the time-dilating agony of "Reverse the Verse" missed seeing the CIG team throwing shade at "She Who Can Not Be Named".

---

Why was she and James fired? It came right out of the blue for both as far as I can recall.

Also, Chris said he could easily spend 150 million on this in an interview a while back.
I now see how. Gross mismanagement.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
From RTV INN transcription

[What will the mocap studio in the office provide?] It's a shared space. They're building 3 standing spaces for community productions, one for AtV, one for Meet the Devs, something else. They'll be on wheels, so when they need to do mocap with the mocap equipment they have, they can wheel that stuff out, and do mocap in the room. Performance capture will still happen at proper studios.
There's an AtV set, an all-purpose one for interviews, and a third one for a new 'Dev vs. Dev' show.
They need a LOT of mocap for things. One thing they do when creating new ships is look at angles on walkways and how doors opens, and they invariably need new mocap done for each new ship that comes around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3rsofi/reverse_the_verse_episode_70_inn_transcript/

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone post the Squadron 42 star billing please.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Goredema posted:

A year or two ago, they explained how they were standardizing all the animations so that they wouldn't have to do that. I guess plans changed. there is no plan.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Agrajag posted:

the use of the word "redacted" in every piece of material they put out fills me with an unreasonable amount of rage. if i ever see or hear anyone use that word on the street i'll literally walk up and spit in their eye.

I'm appreciate it if someone could piece together a flowchart of operations showing the ACTUAL chain of command / systems of reporting at CIG, especially considering the mixed areas of responsibility, the way everyone reports to Chris and he directly overrides artists if boots are not to his liking.

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 6, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

The wonderful thing about live streams and the like is that people get to say what they think. At least once anyway.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Their NDA and exit agreements prevent them from talking about anything related to their previous employer. That aside from the career suicide that doing so is certain to ensure.

People have refused to accept them before, like Morland, though it came at a cost of not getting final payouts. Perhaps buy these guys out when they leave, so they are not forced to sign.

Ad for this Vox interview, Derek - You will get more notoriety from refusing to speak to such a jerk than you will talking to him. If that makes you feel better about even having considered it in the first place. The world doesn't need people ending up in a cess-pool.

Now and then Goons here genuinely give you friendly advice and steer you in the right direction and protect you from your own judgement (as you try and do for those who bought into SC). Surely you know that by now. Don't let pride blind you on this one. When goons are not busy ruining everything, they are right.

Reclaimer posted:

By registering on the nazi's sight a viewer is giving material support to the nazi as advertisers use that metric to determine what they're gonna shell out for ads. It's not supporting you because like you said it's not your show. :cripes: Did you even think of this before you started shilling for him?

:golfclap:

D_Smart posted:

...And I'm NOT going to use it as a platform for anything other than to talk about my success, failures - and my Star Citizen involvement.

No. They will be busy doing that post interview - using your name to pull in people to get exposed to the rest of the crap there, hopefully subscribe, have their site pop up when someone searches Derek smart or star citizen and hopefully become twitter followers and get exciting tweets like you have seen in the thread here... He also gets to use his interview with you to prove he's not racist one day if he wants/needs to. Think of what he will do with your name and association. This could end up being another coke machine without the amusing side to it.

Listen to it...

"Brainstorm with Derek Smart - As part of the ongoing efforts to provide this blog community, and the Brainstorm members, with added value" = "Yes, as well as come here and talk about Hitler and segregation, we add you with EXTRA Value - Derek Smart! - Aren't you glad you signed up?!"

Idea - Either be a strong bastard and say "I'm cancelling because I realised rather late, admittedly, that my talking to you about Star Citizen and my life would give material support to a cause I don't believe in", or "I'm feeling ill and can't make it" (which is wussy but at least your not going there) or troll the crap out of his show and make it such an absolute embarrassment to Vox that he refuses to put it on his site due to how much it will upset his fellow neonazi's.)

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 7, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

D_Smart posted:

I do care about everyone's opinions here. Why else would I be responding?

Derek, I shouldn't have tried to impose my conscience on you. Your decision, always was. Just do not want to see legitimate criticism of inefficiency and money squandering overshadowed by unnecessary sideshows that may well discredit you.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

shankerz posted:

Still playing the victim card I see. Lying about your welfare space pixle adventures is like beliving that Seraph babysitting your child is a sound safe decision.

How deep are you still in?

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

no_recall posted:

It's an addiction like any other. Only this one is they can't seem to let go of giving money for bigger epeens... Wait..

The "Squadron 42 will fund the PU" arguments are creeping into the brown sea as they desperately try to reconcile the failure to deliver the PU (or anything at all) with the glorious leadership of the infallible CR.

How they perform such mental gymnastics is beyond me.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Toysrme posted:

Hey... Someone here found a video of mine... LoL!

Ya, the periodic frame drop / texture stream is on my end. I was playing 4k at "beyond very high" settings (custom cvars). 980's have 4gb of vram and I need 7-8gb to run it. So the drops are swapping from system ram.

At 1080p, lowest default graphic options (to remove the GPU bottleneck) on a pair of GTX-980's fed by an i7-5930k @ 4.5ghz; the game currently has a huge CPU bottleneck. Previously (v1.1.5-v1.2) 1080p-low kept the cards around 20-30% GPU util. Now they average 60fps around 30-50%. That winds up being around 80% GPU utilization on a stock gtx-980.
The primary dx11 core stays at 100% ulti, secondary core running physics stays around 60%. (up to 8 cores can be used, they're currently set to use 4)

Exactly! It does make a massive impact. Normally I can run 1080p very high at 150fps in v2.0 (Until multiple ships start spawning, it drops by an amount for each ship on cpu overhead until it stabilizes around 30-40fps) Generally, I play any game out there maxed out @ 4k at 60fps on a pair of overclocked gtx-980's (1585mhz). I benchmark crysis 3 @ 60fps. BO3 runs (well it's all over the place) but normally 70-80fps. FC4 60fps, GTA-V's demo-4 averages 70fps. I wish I had a pair of Titan-x's, but the 980's do just fine for 4k with games right now.

I was picked because I continually give feedback directly to the people working on the game. I also have experience in Cryengine, Unreal Engine... Working on Total Conversions... Oh, and I wrote 1.5 of the only 2 existing mods for Star Citizen. I also have a lot of "in-game" time too, so. So that comment doesn't really apply to me.

There is questioning of how they picked "the first 1,000" people to keep network loads down. I have questions about it also. I think the process for that needs looking into moving forward. Most of the people I know that were not in the first 1,000 got in with the second wave of 5,000 a day later. That opened up more to the people "actively" playing.

Hey mate - welcome. Your script work on the CH controllers for Star Citizen was excellent, pleased to see you here. I kind of dumped further development, are you putting further work on the CH controls on hold until there is an actual game, or are you still releasing? Are you in deep?

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 23, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

It is the two part issue of firstly, a lack of confidence in CIG marketing and the realisation that nothing is rare - the "investors" (who intend to sell) have backed off leaving a cooled market, and secondly, the fact that LTI is dead, as any ship can be CCU'd into it. The final blow will be unmelts, where you can press a button, get any LTI ship back on your account. The latter is more influential than the former however - look at the Melt prices - they are still sitting at about 80-85% which is typical. When that collapses - CIG really does have a problem.

The article is worth a read, but was back in the hightide of the grey market.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
"To that point, the Constellation Phoenix has proven so popular that RSI produces only a select number every sales season, a tactic that has done well to preserve it’s high demand and resale value year after year. For 2945, Roberts Space Industries is proud to release another 5000 hulls, matching it’s generous rollout from the year before. This year however, in order to maintain a finite and limited stock, Cross-Chassis Upgrade to the Phoenix will not be enabled. This ship will remain on sale throughout the weekend, ending either when time runs out, or the limited stock is exhausted."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15079-AnniVERSEary-Sale-Transporters

Very generous indeed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

I enjoyed some military org that had truly ridiculous rules for participation. The only thing missing from that one was keelhauling.
This one is merely amusing.

• Locked thread