Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Oh gently caress yeah.

Edit:and a hello to the inevitable reddit assclowns too.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
I wonder how long it takes Wulf and Dolvak to start the "save RSI from the boogeyman" Kickstarter? Or will they just use turbulent and start one up right on their sub of "not hate"

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Wulf Knight posted:

Dr Derek Smart, you are in so much trouble, you just don't know it. Sending your goons to stalk and harass me was your final mistake!

Ooooh. Scary.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

pftc posted:

I've been talking with BoredDellTechnician.

Dolvak is no longer a moderator at r/DerekSmart.

I assume he wanted me to pass the message along.

It's amazing how quick this "amazing community" is willing to abandon one another. Hmm wonder how this level of ship jumping will play out in their coveted multi crew...

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

So I see Dolvak is still posting and it seems r/DerekSmart is back as well, in full force. These people just don't learn.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

I thought people in wheel chairs wanted to be treated equally? Well...

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Amethyst posted:

The coward's way out. I'm not surprised that a man of your limited mental capacity unable to defend themselves and needs to resort to hiding behind the teacher's skirts. lol

So like 20-30k right? Mortgage your house? Sell a kidney? Maybe sold some sperm, as clearly you've got no use for it. Though god forbid you procreate. Either way, how much money does it take to join Heavens Gate?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Who cares? Honestly, if this kid/adult is being an rear end hat then who cares? Being a kid, having a disability, etc does not make you sudden ammune to criticism. If this person is being a regular CIG instigator then gently caress em.

You don't get a free pass to be an rear end in a top hat because life dealt you a lovely hand. If Derek wants to make an example out of another one of these idiot then let him. It doesn't effect any of us so gently caress it.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Nice try? Why are we treating this kid like he's mentally handicapped? Like being crippy boy makes him stupid or something. The dude is 19. He's old enough to know better then to be vehemently defending SC. It's a loving game after all. And as far as the calling his parents goes, good. If I had a kid, 19 or not, and found out he was doing this kind of stupidity on the internet I would have a nice chat with him. Sometimes that's needed.

Life dealing you a lovely hand is not an excuse to be a dick. It's not. We're all victims one way or another. And being crippled isn't going to make me any more or less likely to feel sorry for you. You want to be treated equally, fine. That applies in all ways to all people.

I also find it funny that so many are laughing about Dick Wulf or Dolvak being taken down a peg, but the moment a cripple gets attacked we've crossed a line. Bullshit. These loving fanatics act as if they are immune from any and all criticism. Well I say gently caress that. Game on fuckwits.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Nemo2342 posted:

Pages late, but every time someone complains about doxxing I have to wonder if no one remembers the phone book. You know, that thing they used to leave on your doorstep that had everyone's name, address, and phone number?

Complaining that someone found your real name because you tied it to a very visible social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, etc) to me is pretty much the same as complaining that someone looked you up in the white pages and found your phone number.

This is because people have a made up view of what a doxx is. Simply put if you make it easily available on the internet, it's fair game. Shouldn't have put it out there to begin with.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

gently caress, the world may be a better place if there was this level of accountability.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Never mind, you sounded a bit like reddit tryna bait us into mocking the wheelman

All good. And no, not at all. I hate reddit. And they hate me. It's better that way.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Either way, let's get back to more meaningful discussion. Like recipes.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Skoll posted:

Probably. I kept uploading the Refund gif to it.

This is just hilarious to me.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Well clearly this thread has gone nowhere.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah I'm disappointed. The flight model stuff looks pretty cool.

It's amazing right. Those Newtonian physics are top notch.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

Archive this, redditor :smugbert:

Hope I'm not the predator, I mean redditor in question. Cause pretty sure they didn't like the nice little tear down of the letter that was posted. Either way.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Amun Khonsu posted:

Devs are not being fired or leaving for better jobs. He is eating them.

Okay, what the gently caress did this dude do to himself. No one in that offices notices the very clear health issue here? Jesus Christ man, lay off the goddamn donuts.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

So been away for a bit, is Derek completely radio silent?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

I hadn't even bought anything before this "legendary goon exploit" started, I bought into this poo poo just to help with the market loving. I told you I needed that money back and he and you guaranteed I'd have my poo poo in less than two months. He's been delaying this poo poo for weeks and today he's nowhere to be seen? gently caress him and gently caress you all.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK DEREK SMART OR I'M BLOWING THE LID ON THIS!

What the absolute gently caress is going on? A blogs late and everyone's freaking the hell out.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

There's more to it behind the scenes

I figured as much. Just seems like it was delayed and suddenly everyone turned. Then again, this is the internet. So no surprise there.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

To be quite honest after he gave me this avatar I felt pressured and couldn't say no. I don't have many friends IRL and here was this famous guy taking an interest on me... $1000... gently caress ME!
We've been played. Worse than that, I've been played because of you idiots.

If this is even beginning to be serious, there's a thing called self control. Its an important tool in life. Just saying.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

You. You were the one that talked me into this. I've long suspected you were always speaking up for "him". Have you come to see how we're taking it Derek? Give me my poo poo.

NEVER. I got BMWs to buy son.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wait I minute, let me stop for a second to really parse this.

Are you for real right now? Because it's kinda hard to tell in this thread.

What is "real"

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Libluini posted:

This is real

Well I'll be damned. It surely is.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

FireWhizzle posted:

I dunno about you guys but she's p good looking, smart enough to help accrue all our jpeg money, and smart enough to know when to :getout:, so I guess I don't really get the gross argument?

So leave for a bit and now people are talking about essentiality the fuckability of Sandi? Is this really were we've ended up? I mean really?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Learned a lesson today. Asked Kevin Dent why he was acting immature. Led to him name calling, calling me son, attacking my mom, and deflecting every question. Twitter is fun, but that guy clearly doesn't understand irony.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

@TheKevinDent. He's a white knight supporter and rear end in a top hat that DS has talked about before. Look him up, he's a real lovely guy. Real intellectually superior guy. Yep. Real winner.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I was just thinking about how if I wasn't banned I would probably have pointed how stupid it is that Jared has enough time to give a tour of an incomplete building but doesn't have enough time to answer questions on Cutlass development that backers have been waiting for since the end of July. But then I realized that, even if I wasn't banned, most of the people who gave a poo poo have already gotten refunds.

You said it perfectly. Star Citizen has no personality. It's painfully generic and lacks any kind of coherent vision. I genuinely feel bad for the folks working on it since it's clear that their talents and time are being squandered.

Honestly probably why so many have jumped ship. It's got to be soul crushing after awhile. It really is a shame.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Ragequit posted:

Looked at your discussion with him and you both look like idiots. And then you defended Derek with this, which is just astounding. If you could repost your SC meltdown from Reddit before you deleted your account that would complete the saga.

Today seems like the start of another hilarious day in the 'verse.

Um that wasnt a defense of derek my man. That was making a point to one Kevin Dent. That's fine though. As far as anything else goes, whatever. Opinions are great things. Glad you found yours.

Edit: you've also clearly made your side on this whole sc matter known and that's fine. Enjoy your internet brownie points and fedora crew jpegs "bro". loving redditors...

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 8, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

I think Mass Effect Andromeda will be a better space exploration game than Star Citizen in terms of gameplay.

Gameplay is king over fidelity

Yeah no matter how good a game looks if it plays like poo poo what's the point?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

See here's the thing, telling someone that DS is stupid, or that he is not a game dev, or that he does know a thing or two about game development, isn't defending him. It's pointing out facts.

You can, as many do, not like the guy. That's fine, that's life. But to say he isn't smart, he isn't a game dev, etc is honestly illogical and just loving stupid. Yet people keep on. Who gives a gently caress what the dude did or said in the past. We've all said stupid poo poo. Difference is he said a lot of it on the net. How many here wouldn't look like loving morons if people poured over all your previous post? Think about that will you. How many really think all their previous co workers or employers have oh so wonderful things to say. Guess what, judging by how many act on here most would probably come off like idiots.

Now this isn't am attack. It's just pointing out the intellectual dishonesty some like to revel in. Acting as if they are on some high intellectual plain all from the anonymity of the internet. Here's the thing though, and this is why I will "defend" him, say what we will but the dude has the goddamn balls to put it all out there. His real name. Not a handle. He's open to all the scrutiny that comes with that. How many can say they're willing to do the same? Judging by use of handles and fake names though, I think we have an answer.

So next time you want to be edgy or hip for jumping on the DS hate train, take the fedora off and think about that for a second. That's all. Now let's get back on loving track and drop this bullshit already.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 8, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Ragequit posted:

I have never posted anything on Reddit in my life, nor do I know much of anything about Star Citizen the game apart from the developers, who are discussed far more often here. I am just along for the ride of funny/sad people, so I appreciate you making your contributions.

Derek come back and tell us what other interviews are planned before you are too busy on November 30th.

So then how do you know of any perceived meltdown on Reddit? Especially considering I don't even have a Reddit account? Just wondering where the info arose from as its never been posted here.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Ragequit posted:

It was posted in the Kevin Dent Twitter feed you linked.

Oh? I never saw that (and still dont. Reddit never came up in that conversation, sorry) Either way, don't matter. It's done and over. I made my point with that moron. If i came off like an idiot, cool. He was called out for his immaturity, he proved that point. So all good.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 8, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

AP posted:

There's an awful lot of bad posters and poo touchers in this thread now.

Gentlemen I propose we adjourn discussion here and take it to the Platinum Upgrade only thread, which now seems to have more actual content and less idiots.

Please do. This thread has been dragged to poo poo.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Prop Wash posted:

Are you quoting someone, because every post you make here makes you sound like you're on the verge of tears

I was, yes. Tears of laughter maybe. But I'll make sure to wipe them away next time. Just for you. Love the inflection though.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 8, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Some cultists may not be happy today. Then again isn't that everyday?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Shiticizens are trying to come to grips with the fact that, after the procedural generated planets #FAIL, they're still the laughing stock of the gaming community since they're being shafted in broad daylight and in glorious UHD

...then there's this: http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/

We aim to please shitizens all over the 'verse.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

be sure to post the best of the best hatemail itt.

So far it's been shockingly quiet. But for sure will. We don't aim to piss off, just trying educate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Mirificus posted:

Hopefully someone will link the article in r/starcitizen or the RSI forums. I'm sure the results would be glorious.

I'm thinking of writing a review of 2.0, or what little I've been at to play. Something along the lines of a the good/the bad/and the ugly review.

"I awoke on what appeared to be a space station. A used container of Chinese food and what appeared to be space port strewn out next to the bed. Something told me the backers would find this entire scene amazingly immersive. As if many a nights had ended this exact way, minus the being in space bit of course. I checked the lockers in my room half expecting to find a furry space suit, but alas there was nothing. Guess some levels of immersion are still being tweaked."

• Locked thread