Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alphabettitouretti posted:

Look at the state of this. Look at it. The True Believers will cry ALPHA but I've played plenty of games in alpha that weren't in this condition. This is what they've got after four years and $93m.

Eh, they're more likely to say "That isn't the FPS module" which is technically true. I mean it's still poo poo, just... different poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

JFC reddit dudes. The self own is hilarious, but did you have to gently caress with our recipes? It's too great a sacrifice to make.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"Oh good, got a little free time at work, time to check the Star Citizen thread for my daily dose of hilarity!"

... Derek Smart ...

... SWATting? ...

... Wheelchair ...

... Doxxing ...

"I think... I think I need to go take a shower. I feel gross."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

Defend what ironically? Putting someone's handle into Google? :jerkbag:

I dunno man, gathering up all that information to use for legal purposes is one thing (after all, it is all easily found on the internet without doing any real digging) but the fact that when he does put together 'dossiers' on people who poo poo on him online he comes here to share it all with the pretty obvious intent of saying "Look at this loving guy. Hey loving guy, I know where you live" makes it all seem really loving gross.

I can get behind a lot of Smart's hilarious antics, but not this.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

You new posters who only joined for the Star Citizen thread, you aren't fighting a war and posting here doesn't mean poo poo, even if you thought you were being a rebel. You're unhappy with the development of a computer game and joined a forum to talk about it, we're laughing at stupid poo poo in a place that values humour.

If you're like "oh I can't laugh at that, that's too far" you've only going to make the thread move the other direction to annoy the poo poo out of you and you'll deserve it.

Derek shouldn't have posted that stuff here and the idiot man in a wheelchair shouldn't have been twitter storming Derek months after being blocked and joking about SWAT'ing him. You don't need to pick the good side involved here, both sides being stupid is absolutely fine.

Yeah, I mean alright. Except I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about.

I threw down my :10bux: because the last thread was hilarious (and had dope recipes). I'm not here to fight a war, I'm here because it's the best seat to watch two retarded kids slapbox each other. Me bitching about D_Smart being scummy isn't going to influence the direction of this thread one bit. If it did this place would be indistinguishable from the Sperghive I'm here to laugh at.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 28, 2015

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

I didn't quote you, I didn't even mention you, something I said has touched you.

I realize it was a whole page ago, but you might want to double check that.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

mcjomar posted:

EVE Goons did this to "Preencleve Grothsmore" or however you spell that dumb name.
They dug up his info (he was dumb enough to leave his own personal info, and that of his father, school, father's business, etc all over the internet when he registered a personal site to "bring down those nasty goonz!"), called his grandma, and sent him a pizza. I think they warned his parents what he's been borrowing daddy's credit card for too (in the UK mind, so it was UK goons that did this).

They didn't publish his info online or anything like that though, or encourage anyone to go after him.
I don't think he's turned up again since the parents got involved, or if he has, he's kept a remarkably low profile.

So frankly, Dr Smart calling this kids parents on the quiet and letting them know what a sleazeball their kid is probably wouldn't go amiss. Not sure that publishing anything about the kid (other than his dumbass tweets and reddit posts for hilarity) is necessary for this to work though.

Wait, so all I have to do is piss off the right EVE group and I'll get a free pizza AND they will call my grandma for me? That's great, because I love pizza and I hate talking to my grandma!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

oh right, thought I'd quoted the other idiot, my bad.

That's alright, everybody fucks up now and then.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

mcjomar posted:

Prencleeve (Just found his most recent thread on the EVE goon boards) seems to think he's the gentleman spy to end all spies or some poo poo.
I guess he's trying to just limbo under that ridiculously low bar.

Wasn't there an SC toolbag in here like a week ago claiming to be a master spy? It's the long con....

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 28, 2015

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

I'm almost positive that's not ole preen.

A man can dream though, a man can dream...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jegan Ace posted:

There is no loving way Derek Smart goes after anyone worth a drat in CIG anyway, which would have been the only real saving grace - watching him and coked up space jesus go at it.

I'd pay-per-view that hearing. Unless you meant actually go at it like just have a big ol' fistfight, but then again I'd pay to see that too.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Derek Smart vs. yet another coke machine in a boxing ring would be quite the entertainment, no doubt.

I hear writing 'shut up' works just as well.

I'm worried that Chris "The Coke Machine" Roberts might have an unfair advantage being all addled up on drugs the way he be.

We should start a Kickstarter to get Derek "Dr. Smart" Smart some PEDs and maybe boxing lessons. And a new name, because "Dr. Smart" is a dumb fighting name.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Ripping off Peanuts here, but how about "The Legal Beagle"?

Derek "The Legal Beagle" Smart. I like it.

Derek "The Soda Destroyer" Smart ties in with Coke Machine a bit...

Derek "The Bruisin' Battlecruiser" Smart.

drat, nothing stacks up like Chris "Coke Machine" Roberts.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

You're trying way too hard. :frogout:

It's not my fault, I just crave acceptance! And I'm bored!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

its ok, you arent doing too bad for a suspected seraph clone master spy person who claims stupid newbie status.

I think i lurked waay longer.

Some day when my plans are finally revealed you'll all learn that I was playing you this entire time and was definitely not just a guy who has a lot of free time at work.

The really sad part is how big a factor wanting to share recipes was in my decision to sign up.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yeah wheelchair guy, go ahead and spit in the face of the bear that's staring you down. That seems like a good plan for a guy who can't run.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Do you think if D_Smart did get coaxed into suing they might reward him the wheelchair as part of the damages?

Burke: I'm sorry. I don't know why I didn't even- Ripley's last trip out, the syn- the artificial person malfunctioned.
Ripley: "Malfunctioned"?
Burke: There were problems and a-a few deaths were involved.
Bishop: I'm shocked. Was it an older model?
Burke: Yeah, that's him in the wheelchair.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I had a brother! A baby brother! And he was perfect! Perfect in every way! That's him in the wheelchair!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I can't be bothered to copy the whole thing, so just go watch the Glengarry Glen Ross speech and then at the end imagine Alec Baldwin shouting "And that's YOU in the wheelchair!"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FireWhizzle posted:

So back on the topic of culinary expertise for a moment - have you guys tried grilled cheese with rye bread? I've been mulling over it but haven't taken the plunge. Pros/Cons?

A lot of it depends on the type of cheese, but I know gruyere works really well on rye. I don't do them on rye a lot but actually Martha Stewart has a couple good recipes. I did her fontina, harissa, and pear on rye once and it was delicious.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FireWhizzle posted:

DSmart, how do you prefer your grilled cheese? Have you meandered into the rye-curious zone? If so, what were your experiences and how did it affect your grilled cheese habits?

Internet Warlords don't care what bread their grilled cheese is made with. They care only that it is served to them on a platter made up of the crushed wheelchairs of their enemies.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

2DCAT posted:

"And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"

Seriously, how many :shroom: did this dude take before filming?!

...and since I'm quoting HST:

'I shrugged. "That's not me", i said. "That's the guy in the wheel chair". He works for Rolling Stone... a really vicious crazy kind of person.'

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. That's him in the wheelchair."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

joats posted:

What do you think the last 30 pages were about?

I think maybe he meant before today. You know, something from his past that might give a clue to his incredible sensitivity to wheelchair based attacks.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

stargur site is bad and slow as poo poo

its actually the perfect reaction a star citizen could have

lets say they instead of an image hosting site they were doing something with a game engine, like perhaps, Crytek

what they would do is there would be this perfectly serviceable out of the box engine with a few flaws but it runs really great

then they could make a bastardized version and make it run way worse and be janky as poo poo with fewer features and

"I know how to make everything better! The first step is to make it 100% worse. There is no next step." - A Star Citizen.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

chaosbreather posted:

You know... if this stargur's bag is it doesn't do DMCA takedowns, doesn't that mean that it's no longer a safe harbour and thus is legally culpable for the content it hosts?

I realize this is going to be a shock, but I'm... I'm not sure Dolvak thought this all the way through.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Another similarity to SCs development process! Oh and another one:

Do you think they are smart enough to have actually created a brilliant satire of the SC "dev process"?

Yeah, me neither.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Required Parachute posted:

Yeah no, sorry, I don't need an rear end-ramming in federal prison, thanks.

You need like 200% more legal departments before you can get away with poo poo like that.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

Why won't you hire Skoll or I?

gently caress you.

Just move down to Miami and set up a film-noire style private eye business. Sooner or later the troublesome dame that walks into your office will be named Derek Smart.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

janssendalt posted:

Some people here spend more time and energy every week on criticizing the people who have put money into the project than the average pledger has put into making the money to pledge for the game

:downsbravo:

Don't tell me how to tell other people how to live their lives!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Croberts' extremely balanced and professional response to the escapist that was linked on the star citizen homepage for days. Apparently it was also linked in the game launcher :lol:

Well now I know you're lying. For there to be a game launcher there would have to actually be a game to launch.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

there is a "launcher" though.

I believe the technical term is "First Person Universe Dream Portal"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is [url=]Cristian Romero[/url] aka /user/Tr3vayne/ aka @tr3vayne aka White Knight tr3vayne aka MES3rd on Facebook

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds, he is another one of my top cyberharassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds) who has engaged in not only doxing me, but also my kid and family members.

"Found his kid online, looks exactly like him."

"Guy needs to go away already for good."

Hey Cristian, since you're an adult over 30, with an actual job, and living in a State (Chula Vista, CA) that has some serious defamation laws like Florida. I'm coming for you. Pucker up.

The list of Usual Suspects thus far; all of who are engaged in a protracted CyberHarassment & CyberBullying campaign. Still reviewing and researching the others. Every single one of them is going to face legal action; and they are all going to be tied to Star Citizen and its abusive White Knight community.

Cristian Romero
Keith Elwood
Nick Butler
Trevor Noblitt
Wulf Knight

This next blog is almost guaranteed to be a shitshow of epic proportions. I can't decide if I'm more excited to see SC fanboys making GBS threads themselves over imaginary lawsuits or D_Smart's insane 10-page blog post about meanies on the internet.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Yeah we know. And I know what he looks like. His Facebook feed is a Gold mine of publicly available data.

So are you going after him on grounds of doxxing or grounds of harassment?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

The next blog (now cleared legal and to be published on Nov 3rd) is as about the RSI/CIG connection to Gizmondo. The following blog is about the abusive Star Citizen White Knights.

Oh, then I retract my statement. I am, however, eagerly looking forward to the blog about internet bullies.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. We're going to be filing a criminal complaint on this one.

Those bastards looked up matters of public record! Get 'em!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Soooooo, you think that's what the issue is then? Got it. Now siddown.

I'll do whatever you want, just don't call my dad.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo, this thread is like looking into the eyes of god now :five:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:gary:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Frankfurt's new office is bigger. As will Santa Monica's be.

Doesn't exactly seem like a company running on vapor fumes, Derek. How sure are you about a company out of cash in Q1?

Get out of here with your actual questions and curiosity.

This is the land of :gary: PAAAAAARRRRRRRP now

Welcome to the Garydome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jegan Ace posted:

Do we have any lawsuit updates?

Hate for this whole one-man legal crusade thing to be nothing but a farcical shitshow.

Prepare to be disappointed.

But, on the other hand, you always have Gary.

We all always have Gary.

:gary:

• Locked thread