Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
I was watching Fart Shitizen off and on from 2012 to 2014, holding off on building a gaming rig for it and never bought any ships. I got married and bought a couple watches to go with my $20 wedding ring with the money I would have spent on a decent gaming pc. My interest was reignited by all the drama that was bubbling up since the summer. I've been lurking for a while on the old thread, after seeing an @dsmart tweet with a link to it, and today's drama finally pushed me over the edge. The old thread and its baby are the most entertaining threads I've ever read on a forum. Here is my goddamn :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

chaosbreather posted:

What if someone found a way to package and sell pure, unadulterated cognitive dissonance, free of any other product, delivered instantly over the internet, at a convenient sliding scale of prices?

Guess what?

Someone did.

Welcome to Star Citizen.

This is the best, most concise description of Star Citizen I've ever read. You are certainly an eloquent gentleman.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Kegslayer posted:

Actually most of us are just here for the recipes.

I made meatballs last night for dinner. Too much drat oil to deal with:(. I'll go back to sausage and peppers for my pasta. I'll spend the extra time just on the sauce. And drinking wine.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Jegan Ace posted:

Honestly, nothing I read in that article was particularly world-shattering.

It's obvious to any oldschool backer that once poo poo blew up with the continuous stretch goals in the early years, that we'd be getting a project with a shitload of promises and nary a hope on them delivering on all of them. Most people actually just wanted something that wasn't EvE in the Kickstarter stages of what is now something I'd class as a bloated abomination of the original idea.

I think there's plausibility in the bitter testimonials of those faceless former employees, but I also know to take this poo poo with a large helping of salt. When emotions, finances and jobs are on the line, things get said in the corporate grapevine that are hard to prove or disprove. I just wish they'd cut off the money-line and just say they'll stop peddling JPEGs at the annual sucker fair to just work on a game that might be released in my lifetime.

Sure, but Chris Roberts responded with the most unprofessional official letter from a CEO I've ever read. He basically confirms that nothing is run competently there, and that croberts has an temper that makes him do irrational things. Its been posted a few times already itt. But here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

Scroll past the bad c&d letter. It reads like he was on coke. Anyone who gives CIG the benefit of the doubt after scanning that letter is a loving idiot.

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 26, 2015

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

You know you can say "loving idiot" right? Only wageslave workpoors get the word filter.

So, people saying poo poo and loving are writing those out? Or, there is a word filter I can turn on? It looks fun.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
The reason the turnover is such a big deal is how many people with director and producer in their title. I'm not in gaming, but it was my understanding that those people stay on the project until development ends. Who cares about code monkeys and artists, when the people who are supposed to be planning and managing the project leave in the middle, that's a big deal.

This, plus the Croberts coke filled rant, are damning to the point that you should start believing everything that's come out in the press.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Jegan Ace posted:

Derek Smart, will you start a Kickstarter campaign for a documentary on how you will bring down a 90 million dollar JPEG marketing company?

Yes, Grand Nagus D_Smart. Please do this. Get into contact with the miami documentary company Rakontur, most famous for Cocaine Cowboys.

Hey nice new friends, could someone do a photoshop of this image with "Cocaine CRoberts" as the title? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/Cocainecowboys_promo_cover.jpg[

Leave the cocaine and add a nice picture of the villainous jpeg trafficker.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

staberind posted:

Or the mad prices attatched to them, only a fool would support such greed.

How much did you spend on Jpgs?

None. I've been following the game for a while and Croberts' rant at the escapist has kept me rapt since.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

that's him in the wheelchair

I laughed

Wafflz posted:

this will still be quoted 2 SC threads form now

I cried. Literally. I laughed over a minute at this and had tears and had to blow my nose, with aftershock chuckles. My belly hurts and I feel an afterglow.

Thanks friends

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

staberind posted:

:10bux: thanks.

you know there are other threads on this internet site. check them out, make sure to introduce yourself in fyad.

I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with this thread as it is. I'll explore when this thread gets boring.

Which is never.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
It would suck if the first person to commit suicide in all this drama was some cultist Derek sued instead of a cultist distraught over CIG's implosion

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 28, 2015

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yeah, you totally don't care. And no, I won't end behind bars. Sorry Derek but

How are you're multiple lawsuits going right now? And what about the FTC?
No one sued and no one will sue. At least not you.

Please release your info. Id like to see the big D ram your rear end instead of some dumb nerd with flipper hands and puppet legs.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Hey Grand PuDerek!

That kid probably has muscular dystrophy, and a bad case too. He's going to die in his 30's, at best. He probably went through school as the dude everybody rooted for to live a life of independence, approaching adequate (probs won't). He's not "in a wheelchair." His life has been hosed for a long time, and will always suck until he dies an early death.

People give him a pass for a reason. His dad will probably react negatively to your actions.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
:gary: paaaarp :dong:

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Has anybody played star conflict? From the reviews it seems to have ended up in the same place that Shart Shitezen was headed with the pay to buy ships and win model, but is actually a :gary: paaarping game.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
My Grand Sovereign, Pu Pu of the South, Slayer of the white knights, King Smart, Elector of Litigiousberg;
I humbly request a time table for your upcoming legal campaign against that cretinous house of Roberts, so that I may better plan my observations and lulz. Will it begin in early November, or late?

Your ever loyal subject,

Lord NeckBeard,
Prince of the BackBeards

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 31, 2015

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Derek's no show has convinced me that he is a liar and that Chris Roberts is an unfairly maligned creative genius who just needs peace and backer money. So, I borrowed some money from Lady Neckbeard's savings and got myself that sweet $15,000 package. I'll show you goons with my awesome pew pew in the PU after you poo poo'd this project!

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Nation posted:

Derek...

God damnit Derek. Stop dereking around and Derek your drat blog!

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3rez1v/the_goons_are_getting_restless/

D_Smart you are turning us into the laughingstock of the internet. :argh:

e: Even Karl is back to mock us. Good lord, the dishonor.

It's what you goons get for poo pooing the pew pew of the pu!

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Kakarot posted:

gently caress....I gave Derek $500 worth of ships to crash the market too and now hes disappeared without a trace. What did he do with all that other money we gave him to make the lawsuit happen? Last I heard the total was posted in You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this link.
We're hosed, arent we?

Keep that to secret concierge forum! Don't open us up to tortoise interference lawsuits!

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Okay Peter,
I'm having my Reddit Legal CrewTM write up a demand letter. I know where you live, I know where your grandma lives in Boca. That's her in the wheelchair!

If I don't receive my cats or my money back, I'm going to go to the feds. Those cats are on the books of my brother in law's animal shelter as "fostered." If I don't at least get the adoption fees back, I'm ruined! And, the kitties went across state lines, that's FEDERAL! YOU'RE the Ringleader! I'm not going down for this, catFUCKER!

Oh, and Derek? My legal team tells me that we have an open and shut case for nailing your rear end with tortoise interference! Help m get me the cats back, or you're done.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I like weed I like to smoke it (weed).

I like to vape it :smuggo:

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

I think we can all agree that at this point, after everything both sides have said, the only way to solve this dispute is a D_Smart Vs Croberts boxing match.

Nah, Chris Roberts flying to south america to avoid prosecution for fraud, only to be turned back at the airport and have to fly back to LA, where FBI agents are waiting for him, would be vastly more funnr

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Remember when I broke the news that Sandi was shooting pet movie projects on RSI equipment, paid for with RSI cash? Think bigger.

Yes - this is the end-game playing out. Think is, this build out has been going on all year - and long before some guy named Derek Smart became a PR nightmare for them in July 2015.

I'm going to say it again, they're done. Completely.

I hope you recover legal bills out of all this, Dr. Smart.

Holy poo poo.

This dumb, mushmouth motherfucker is a minor hollywood producer and the only tail he can get a ring on is his loving intern at this low level production company he's a partner in. A hollywood 4, who apparently has emotional problems. After loving up his movie career, he lucks into a hundred million dollars and uses spacegame dreams and dollars to try to set up a motion capture business and also jumpstart his crazy, not that hot, not that talented over 40 year old wanna be actress's career?

This guy has broken his brain on cocaine. He probably did it in 2006, when he hosed up his movie career.

If this is an LA based mo cap studio that is going to make movie quality performances, I'm thinking it'll take a lot more than the $20 million I've seen thrown around for it. I'm thinking all the companies were used as a way to move assets around to get loans and then spend that on the LA movie operation.

I think the judge will pretty early see that the finances are weird and predispose them to be critical of the project management. This is the time actual auditors come into play. An independent forensic accounting team will be called for. Dr Smart is offering to pay.

The banks hoodwinked into lending to these many different companies will be paying attention to this and demand access to the books.

Dealing with angry creditors will do them in. A bank can call a loan in. All the banks can call their loans in. Credit crunch, mass layoffs, and Chris Roberts is going to jail. Or suicide.

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 6, 2015

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Kegslayer posted:

Show me on this picture of a spaceship where the bad man stole your money.

None I was waiting until actual modules were getting made to make agaming pc

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Could someone repost that list of high level employees who left as well as the list of companies making star citizen?

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

RedTonic posted:

I just don't have that much faith in fraud investigations. My experience is that these transactions happen before assets are frozen and so on. But there's plenty of time for me to be proven wrong on the Fed front.

If the Feds do get involved, RICO charges aren't too unlikely, though.

My state is still paying for 38Studios. With that in mind, I'm glad that all the backers participated in this voluntarily.

38studios just went bankrupt because Schilling was a lovely CEO, right? There weren't any claims of fraud or embezzlement, were there? If so, I'm interested. I've got a pretty rigid hate boner for Schilling, but his company shipped a game before screwing up the 2nd one. He's a dumb rear end in a top hat, but has never struck me as a crook.

Regarding RICO, Roberts' enterprise is an international collection of private companies selling fraudulent products to multiple countries. I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like a RICO case to me. Hell, I bet your average mafia run business is far more cleanly run on the books than CIG.

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 7, 2015

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
What is King Derek doing with this vox day character? I must have skipped a few pages, because I missed Derek's post and just started seeing people scold him. Given his ethnic heritage :smuggo:, I'm sure he wouldn't knowingly associate with a notorious racist.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

I'm sorry for calling you a cat fucker earlier, Peter. I love you so much, I was just making up a scenario I thought was funny. Please forgive me, friend.

AP posted:

It's done, he's talking to the guy now and I don't see what the big deal is, this is the same guy Chris Roberts tried to get to help him launch the Wing Commander reboot with EA "I also had the responsibility of going through Chris's plans in great detail when Star Citizen was still a Wing Commander reboot with a license from EA and a $25M budget."

There was some document of this on screen but I wasn't quick enough to get a screen grab.

So if Chris Roberts and Derek Smart have both spoken to this guy at least Derek's wife hasn't song the Nazi national anthem yet, Chris Roberts can't say that.

This makes me want to see it. This really is a good rebuttal to everybody freaking out over this. The feds will give immunity to complete psychopaths to get inside info on a criminal conspiracy. This racist Vox GaySuckingSatan'sCockinHellGuy is an infected anal cyst on the body politic, but I have't heard of any mafia (swedish or otherwise) murder allegations leveled on him, and he has valuable, rare information on this ongoing criminal conspiracy. Even better, this racist poo poo head was involved before it went bad, so he isn't even tarred with the criminality of the enterprise. He can speak to the original project and how it started out.

Is a recording up yet? I need to do dishes and make some cold brew coffee, so I do need something to listen to.

fuctifino posted:

Everything is going to be fine. I can't see this being a bad idea at all.

No no no. D_Smart is the type of nazi who joins the party only after Hitler gets elected Chancellor and starts taking control, so that he can maintain his business connections and maybe get government contracts. He makes mad money before the war and joins the SS after it starts. He doesn't give a poo poo about jews, leaving that to his fellow officers, and prefers to go after glory by leading shock troops in the great encirclement battles.

D_Smart is the type of nazi who leads his ss unit to the Allied occupied areas of Germany at the tail end of the war and then quietly moves to Argentina. He wouldn't get caught in Berlin and have to decide between a bullet to the head and Russian capture. That's chump level nazi bullshit

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 8, 2015

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Derek is the type of nazi who yells, "That's him in the wheel chair!"

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Justin Tyme posted:

i'm.... disappointed.... my photoshop was used in that

Were there just a bunch of those Seraph photoshops? I added his dropbox account to my adblock and there are blank spaces.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

gently caress you. I bested you by not getting eyefucked with your weirdness, but you also hosed up my previous post. No one is going to riff on my Derek's the type of nazi jokes.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
So, I'm behind and don't have time to watch a live feed. How many worlds are there, right now? How many missions available, right now? Is multicrew a thing yet?

One of the bigger laughs of all this is from the fact that "multicrew" gaming as a turret gunner is never ever going to be fun. Has anybody ever actually enjoyed playing in a turret for more than 10 minutes? It lacks depth, requires a pilot and whatever multicrew role that they throw in that will inevitably be boring to play it. It's just another stupid nostalgia play to star wars and WW2. Thing is, turrets were never effective as a defense for individual planes. You had huge packs of ww2 bombers take out minimal german fighters as a group. One bomber had several gunners but few kills. It's also something that has never really been fun in video games, probs for the same reason.

Even if they release this game, it's going to suck, and all it's potential customers have either bought the game or are aware of it and know it's bullshit. It can't succeed.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

BastionPete posted:

It is a PTU release, it's not surprising at all that it's got issues that need to be fixed. I have it installed and I agree, it's crashing a lot and is highly frustrating, that said, the core gameplay looks really interesting and has a lot of potential to be fun.
When the SocialModule released it had almost a daily patching schedule and a lot of issues were quickly fixed. It's only been out for one working day so far, so I'm not particularly surprised that it's crashing a lot. Give it a couple of weeks and if it's still garbage then sure, we can say there are deeper problems.

The social module coming out broken is another lol. Its a dumb second life non-game and they couldn't even release that cleanly?

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

BastionPete posted:

It is a PTU release, it's not surprising at all that it's got issues that need to be fixed. I have it installed and I agree, it's crashing a lot and is highly frustrating, that said, the core gameplay looks really interesting and has a lot of potential to be fun.
When the SocialModule released it had almost a daily patching schedule and a lot of issues were quickly fixed. It's only been out for one working day so far, so I'm not particularly surprised that it's crashing a lot. Give it a couple of weeks and if it's still garbage then sure, we can say there are deeper problems.

The social module coming out broken is another lol. Its a dumb second life non-game and they couldn't even release that cleanly?

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
I bet the reason that Lord Smart is going all "it ain't coming out" is that they took out a bunch of loans and have actually spent around $90 million, but without much of anything to show, and a fuckton of debt. If they have loans to pay off, then the inevitable slide in revenue = bankruptcy. They CAN'T just reduce staff as they need to if they also have a mortgage to pay off.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Guys, turrets on bombers aren't ever an effective weapon. They were used in ww2 because escort fighters didn't have the range for most of the war. The turret gunners rarely took out fighters and only ever did because there were hundreds of turret gunners in the bomber packs vs a couple fighters. Even a well placed turret in SC would suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Tippis posted:

I need to re-read that one. It was pretty ok, if I remember correctly.

It's a great audio book, too. Hearing the name Hiro over and over is fun.

• Locked thread