Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
We have much work to do, let us begin the shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Madcosby posted:

No Man's Sky looks boring as gently caress

the worst words in the video game industry right now are "procedurally generated"

The worse words right now are 'crowd funding' scrub

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Madcosby posted:

lol you are a sucker for advertising

how much did you spend on Star Citizen

No Man's Sky is a game being made the old-school way though? If it's boring it's boring, it doesn't have people paying 20k for jpegs, doesn't have weird sexual assault fedora hellidiots macking on other people, it hasn't promised anything it can't deliver. It's a fundamental difference between No Man's Sky and Star Citizen. One of them has about a million more hours of in-game footage too.
I just don't get how someone can get mad at No Man's Sky when we have Star Citizen right in front of us. It might be boring but it's also not being evangelized so ??

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Madcosby posted:

wow dude did you make No Mans Sky sorry I think the videos Ive seen look boring

wow this planet is named Hitler game of the year

You can't buy the game nor can you give it money so I fail to see why you care so much. Does it have rambling cocaine hoovers? Racist pube PR bumbles? A Scientology-seedling cult-like twinge? Does it have insane photoshops that are as close as we've gotten to explaining insanity? Does it have a case of the ol' floppy feet? Gary Oldman head-horns? High-definition towels? Exploding buggies and dancing emotes? Swedish Mafia non-connections? No? Then why bother?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

*looks at the last 250 pages of the last SC thread*
*looks at the OP of the new SC thread*

well, I don't know if this whole cult thing is just projection of some sort.

You'll understand when you are older, now go to bed.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

MeLKoR posted:

Wasn't this how they made the dungeons in Diablo? At long as there's a story tying everything up and giving you some (optional) goal it doesn't have to suck. poo poo, even Minecraft is fun to explore for a good while.

I seem to remember in Diablo (the first one) that there was a few patterns. Everytime I fought the Butcher there seemed to be only a few layouts of the area you fight him in. The one I always liked was the one with the grates so you could shut the door on him and shoot him with a bow and arrow. The Butcher couldn't open doors you see, emergent gameplay!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
hey reddit archive all of those pictures that keep getting removed from Imgur thanks friends

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Eonwe posted:

So what is that building actually though

a place of frog dogs

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Just lmao they've gone so far from jumping the shark that they are literally paying Something Awful Dot Com money like it's a jpeg of a spaceship or something just lmao

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Eonwe posted:

everyone give me either a

\o/

o7

or
stay safe poverty ghost

*farts*

or

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Do you have a jpeg or a custom title I could pledge for instead, mayhaps in bitcoin m'phant?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Decrepus posted:

I have just discovered that reddit has gold, reddit gold, which we can give to their website.

If only I had some disposable income or a job maybe I would get back those dastardly redditors!!!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

I'm feeling pretty owned right now

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
an avatar change already oh no reddit what shall we dooooooooooooooooo

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Darkpriest667 posted:

Not quite hypocrite. I was simply making a joke which was not received well and then when I was in the middle of explaining with a preparation to apologize I was being talked over. When I realized I was dealing with child like maturity. I excused myself since it was time for me to go work out.

Just because Dick Wulf harassed you and your friend doesn't give you permission to be an rear end in a top hat. It's sad that it happened but it's not a license to be a shithead.

As for me not having tact and being an educator? I at least let people finish their sentences before talking over them with bullshit. This is SA not the loving Region ESC where I am dealing with professionals or my students.

I am a dork? Absolutely. I don't really have fucks to give about it. I don't spend my freetime at conventions for games that don't exist and I sure as hell don't spend 1000s of dollars on JPEGS. If you go back and check I've absolutely admitted to spending 182 which I don't need a refund for because I basically expected that money to be flushed down the toilet I made a bet and lost.. At this point I am here for the tears of redditors, dick wulf, and the brown sea at the expense of Derek Smart's retainer lawyers. So far money well spent CARRY ON GOONS :D

Beer and Eowne still the best two goons.

nice meltdown

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Raskolnikov posted:

Contaminating public water or food for terrorism (53a-303) Five years 10 years

So if I piss in someone's cheerios while wearing juggalo facepaint does that count?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Pretty sure this wasn't posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9iH4Gp11W4

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Klyith posted:

The first 20 pages are full of removed gifs.

REFUND.gif is gone too!

Are reddit shitizens spam-reporting all the images in this thread or something? loving :lol::lol::lol:

of course they are, you can't make this poo poo up

"I'll show those goons, I'll spend money on their website, archive it and report all the pictures!"

just lmao

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
So hey refund update:

The end of September I requested a refund on what I have. Most of a month rolled by and I theorized that since my "Community Monicker" and "Handle" is the same name that I have here (and that it's clear that RSI/CIG is watching these threads in some capacity since Beer was banned and BlueStreak had that email picture thing) I was intentionally being ignored vs the seemingly rest of people saying their refunds of various amounts were going through. :tinfoil: sure but considering all the other stranger than reality poo poo that's going on for a space videogame* who is to say.

I spoke with my bank last week and they are willing to do a chargeback from 2013 because they are cool like that. Yesterday I sent a final email to CIG support reminding them it's been a month (to the day) since I've started the refund process and I'll be initiating a chargeback since I'm being ignored. Wouldn't you know it I get an email this morning about how they are very sorry and they will refund finally. Weirdly every email I've had with a person before this have used my real name on the account. This email finally agreeing to a refund responded to 'KakerMix' :tinfoil: It isn't even my logon-name or email or anything :tinfoil:

:gary: needs to be as big as :captainpop: get on it goons who know how to do it thanks~

*lol

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 27, 2015

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Kakarot posted:

is it your RSI handle/name(not login name)

It is yeah.
Also I think they put something in the water...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

lmao

So begins the quick slide into fanatical fundamentalism of the star citizen backers. Guys it didn't work with conservatives and it's def. not going to work with your space game

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

spacetoaster posted:

I'm Ben's hair.

:sterv:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Omi-Polari posted:

:vince:

This is like an Aphex Twin video.

adios turd nuggets

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hey guys imagine 'The Wulge' right now

Like, just imagine him standing in front of his mirror, shirt up over his gut, lil' wenis poking out of his black jeans and thinking "yes, this is a good thing to do" as he sends the picture off.

lmao

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Sedisp posted:

I remember when we posted songs and recipes.

There was a pretty good cover of a good song already though?

Maybe instead of a recipe we can all just go to Burger King

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Amethyst posted:

Heh, this literal cripple who likes videogames just broke the Digital Millenium Copywrite act! Wait til the MPAA heres about this

*said in the most obnoxiously irritating voice imaginable while fingering my rear end in a top hat*

Chillout Wheels

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Raskolnikov posted:

I feel like I should take this moment to say that Wulf Knight once went off in RSI chat about how he would open his door on people that were lane splitting on motorcycles because "they deserve to die [for disrupting traffic]".

You and I both know that Wuldgie is as confrontational in real life as he is smooth with the ladies on the Internet

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

staberind posted:

I know this is a bad idea, but does the wulge have a face?

I know his eyes are filled with regret does that count

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

ewe2 posted:

Dear goons we're sorry Amethyst got out of Auspol DnD thread but someone mentioned it on the crew chat thread and well...:ughh:

Normally he has his meltdowns with us and it doesn't intrude on sirius bizness, so once again apologies.

only that place can manufacture such fabulous and bodacious posting pals

So hey this dvolk guy or howveer you say his name, all his reddit poo poo is gone all of a sudden? Does that mean some lawyers got to him? That's how this works right? What about ol' Wuldgems?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Another one bites the dust

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Strategic Tea posted:

Dunno, some of the Christ-Roberts-suceptible types seem to have accepted him as a new lord and saviour.

Yeah, go on Derek! Smack that crippled kid! Ruin his life hahaha kidding honest

one ego maniac taking on another egomaniac is like some sort of MMA fight but it's with old nerds and 90+ million dollars and a whole bunch of other nerds all mixed up and it owns because it's consequence free, this isn't politics or world debate or the death penalty or anything it's a video game, it's a calorie-free buffet of absolute garbage how can anyone hate it?

I dunno if calling some kid's dad is enough to ruin his life but I'm no internet pacifist I guess

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

LCL-Dead posted:

Over a month since refund request was submitted.

33 days since I got anything other than an automated "We haven't forgotten about you!" reply to my ticket.

Is there anyone out there with a ticket number higher than 133k that's gotten their poo poo resolved yet?

133739 was my ticket number, I received my final email today about my refund. Over a month.
I bothered to see if a chargeback could be done and my bank said it could be, then I went with the threat to them and the next day received a response. I'm kinda miffed that it takes that but whatever. I'd hate to threaten a chargeback and not be able to follow through but ymmv.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Chalks posted:

Derek smart is going to tell a 19 year old's dad that he was mean to him on the internet about a video game. The 19 year old is in a wheel chair.

That's him in the wheelchair

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

I thought this picture was one picture and not 2 side by side and was hella confused

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

AP posted:

Starcitizen.txt

reddit is dumb, we laugh
they self own, we laugh harder

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

janssendalt posted:

Some people here spend more time and energy every week on criticizing the people who have put money into the project than the average pledger has put into making the money to pledge for the game

:downsbravo:

How can the unemployed (~between jobs~) make money? I'd like to see your financials sir

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

sorry I only speak in jay-pegs

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

that's a gif buddy

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Nien posted:

You won't find him here buddy.

What about Christ Roberts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Every time I see the thread title I get a little sad that it's not "Star Citizen: Church of Christ Roberts & The Latter Day Spergs"

Latter Day Taints

• Locked thread