Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

no we're all derek smart parachute accounts

I'm Smartacus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Imaginary Friend posted:

So.. let me get this straight;

Angry disillusioned racist space nerds following a pube-hating b-actress who's secretly married to a washed out space game developer from the 90's that sells dreams in jpeg-format with Gary Oldman's face on them while laundering money through horse racing with the Swedish mafia and a guy named Fat Steve start an internet war with another Space Game developer that proceeds by threatening to sue everybody while leaking letters made by people who work at a company that dislikes everybody with a Something Awful account, pubes and a mind of their own.. also food recipes and funny gifs of broken space physics.

Internet.

haha she wishes she was a B actress

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

joats posted:

The FPS module in progress.

Intense Gameplay!

Realistic Weapon Handling!

Tacticol Positioning!

Buzzword!

Octodad in space!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

needs more sexdoll in the background

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

joats posted:

Intense Gameplay!

Realistic Weapon Handling!

Tacticol Positioning!

Buzzword!

haha it's a shame these images are gone

poor star citizens cant handle gifs of their jank rear end game

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:patriot:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vire posted:

This image is from jan 2015

so it slid another whole year in less than a year haha.

hey at least they got the baby pu out this year

checkmate goons

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vire posted:

Pretty much someone used it on all the images in this thread not realising most of it was their own images. We know it was them who did it because they took down cooking images in this thread that had nothing to do with star citizen as well.

lmao reddit is incompetent as gently caress

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary:
:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

thread owns

ahahah :wtchris: too

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DarkRefreshment posted:

This link from the RPS article...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tnx5w5EwJw23lPYhHdlHs5g/htmlview

There are 100 ships listed. 27 are in a full flyable state. So only about a fourth are actually usable right now. Yet more ships keep going on sale, ever increasing the backlog. This is what happens when there is no oversight. An "evil" publisher type role would step in at this point and smack everyone around. Hell, get 75% done (starting oldest first) before you add to the pile. I think it's indicative of the whole situation over there with the mismanagement.

Not to mention a lot of those are variants of the same ship. So even that 27 number is inflated, because you can't tell me it is that hard to make a version of an existing model.

the best part is that some true believer, i think octopode, was saying that they were working on some streamlining tech so they could pump out ships super fast

this was around the time that arena commander launched over a year ago

laffo :gary:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

According to the supposed letter by David Jennison, formerly the lead character artist for CIG:

So the sad thing is that, out of all of the concepts, the Heavy Pirate is supposedly one of the most cohesive ones. Of course we don't actually know if what we're seeing now is what they finished because...

Fun fact; this is what they had for the FPS a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U

What the gently caress happened?

that loving headbobbing will survive through every fps iteration they do

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WebDog posted:

"You can't take the pie from me" :v:

:gary:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dunno, man, according to the picture derek linked he's like a prize winning robot or something

um maybe the wheelchair is actually the prize winning robot

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

That was pipeline re-work number 2, little did we all know that Chris would drive ever onwards, moving to reworks number 3, 4, and 5, and 6!

baby pu alpha pipeline coming in q1 2016

then all the ships can flow into the game super fast!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

and speaking of the handicapped, where has octopode been lately?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pftc posted:

loving Chris Roberts is using this handicapped kids money for coke

hahaha :gary:

OhDearGodNo posted:

Because right now there's a good possibility that the kid is a minor.

so hes really popular in star citizen?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

of course this moron likes VR too. i bet he cant wait to command a ship using the kinect and a hololens or some stupid poo poo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

thatguy posted:

How I feel reading this thread:

hahaha

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

no_recall posted:

Pay $18k to fly a MIG-29.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUuVgoxxiPc

Better than a jpeg.

that is awesome :ussr:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

what a loving attention whore

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Necatus posted:

Hold on a second, here's a closer look.

The reflections in the glass are still black, there's weird artifacts all around the edges, and they forgot to completely erase the line going to the text in the top right. They're not even making half-assed models in Max, they're just painting over poo poo in Photoshop.

lol

look maybe its still in the concept stages ok. it takes thousands of man hours before art is finalized - :lesnick:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Remember when Octopode tried to argue there was never a plan to release an FPS module literally a day after the FPS module was cancelled.

where is poor octopode?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Incombibulator posted:

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/659524947543371776

Oh look, something else that will only be real in :lesnick:'s imagination.

the old mmo with destructible environments

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Peven Stan posted:

Has there been a single proposed feature they haven't said no to?

good one

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

At some point they are going to just run out of poo poo to talk about. Unless they just rehash the old poo poo over and over again.

they can talk about previous episodes!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Romes128 posted:

What's even funnier is cig will make almost no money after the game launches (if ever) cause the only people that would buy it have already backed it and will receive a copy.

Also yeah, I said yesterday they'll release 2.0 when Horizons releases. There's no concrete release date for Horizons yet tho, which is why there's no date for 2.0. Lol.

I hope CIG tries to one up Elite again, only to have it fail spectacularly like last time

it will fail regardless

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Romes128 posted:

what a whiny little loving baby

waaahhhhhhh ds is being mean to people i dont know
waaaaahhhhhhhhh my videogames
waaahhhhhhhhhh daddy will help

*farts*

my dad's spaceship can beat up your dad's spaceship

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

de_dust posted:

What does Christ Roberts even do? Does he program or anything, or is he an ideas guy.

He makes dreams happen

(hes a retarded ideas guy)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

yay octopode is back :neckbeard:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

gently caress you Pattern is movement. You ruined the Dream.

hahah selling jpegs to pay rent

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

Today I learned the reason Goons aren't supporting the game anymore, is because we were trying to manipulate CIG into making the game a certain way and they told us "No."

if that certain way was complete in the next decade, then yes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hamburger Test posted:

What makes you think it is implemented any more than any other concept art existing outside of CR's hallucinations?

so its just like the rest of the game

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Thronde posted:

Battletech Kickstarter got fully funded at 2.5million. Here's the email about it:

:drat: Masterstroke right there.

Hahaha :perfect:

Then again someone posted earlier that this guy has run successful kickstarters before and never added more and more stretch goals because he's not a moron.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I got a WC FMV helmet prop. A gift from Lesnick for making sure he was comfortable and welcome in Austin. poo poo I still have his wife's desert plants she game me too.
I asked CR about his movie industry credentials at the GDC reveal. Somehow, that seems pertinent.
I was there all day and night at the 24 hour "end-of-funding" (hahaha) livestream. I provided the champagne, CR's milk for his espresso, and several other food runs to keep everyone going.
I'm in the picture of "The Pledge". You remember this thing?

I did the stage management at the first CitCon in Austin alongside Viewmaster.
I was on Wingman's Hangar. And I did a lot of production assistance whenever they needed it.
Dr. Hawk interviewed me long long long ago, ID'ed as one of THE INVESTORS. It was no big deal back then.
I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

I was, and still am to a certain extent, one of the spergiest Wing Commander spergs. I kinda consider myself Patient Zero to this whole Star Citizen thing.

And yet I feel something is wrong. Something wrong enough to warrant action.

holy gently caress ben got FAT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

doctor iono posted:

everything about their whole design process is like this. rabbit holes everywhere, i can't look up anything about this game without falling into a pit of insanity and bad decisions.

AdzAdama claims the inspiration for this photoshop came to him in a dream, a dream of inter-studio sata ball matches.

"what the gently caress is sata ball?" i asked myself.

WELLL SATA Ball is a :siren:fully functional, competitive team future-sport:siren: that was initially designed and voted on by fans in one of RSI's lore builder updates at the end of 2013.

:catstare:

ok, so then in may of this year, the developers at illfonic say "nope, we're gonna do ender's game actually" and then create an insanely cluttered, over-saturated "Astro Arena". there's no way you could fly around this thing and have any loving clue what's going on, just because of fake space ads. According to the update, these ads are animated and I guess there's also ad drones that fly around? :eyepop:

before/after

cut to three months later, and illfonic is in a pickle - nothing is useable or close to release. SATA ball is delayed indeterminately, to be released sometime after Star Marine. cut to later that month, and illfonic isn't even working for cig anymore, and foundry 42 germany has to start the FPS module over almost entirely from scratch. star marine is coming out... never, so sata ball is definitely coming out... after never.

but the fans, diligent and faithful as ever, retcon the lore to fit in the new style of SATA Ball, a sport that doesn't and will never exist.

this game is a dumb joke

so what are the rules for autist football?

i assume you have a ball or something

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dark Off posted:

Hes gotten feature bloated

but really i kinda pity ben. Having his dream turn into disaster must be taking its toll.

id feel bad for him if he wasnt an active participant in the scam

i hope he dies from a heart attack when it fails

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Daztek posted:

Guys, you just need to calm down.
[quote]As Rockstar released titles year after year, they could take lessons learned and refine their technology base (their "knowledge trust") and build new and evolutionary games from titles that could benefit from the same technologies/mechanics.
[/quote]

i have found the flaw in their analogy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Octopode posted:

So, are you saying that if it is possible, in the game, to engage in a shootout with other players/AI, that somehow doesn't count as FPS game play because it's not in its own game mode with rules, scorekeeping, and the like; or are you saying that it will not be possible to engage in shooting things from first person whatsoever in the initial 2.0 release? Your sticking point over the specifics of the wording "FPS game play" makes your claim a bit confusing.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

EminusSleepus posted:

Ben is the exact human represention of Star Citizen's scope

Star Citizen 2012 Scope

Star Citizen 2015 Scope

that poor shirt :(

are we sure that people are being laid off and ben isnt just eating them?

• Locked thread