Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

no we're all derek smart parachute accounts

Or Seraph, who the gently caress knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Hahahaha. Holy poo poo.

I'm starting to think that with the high investment and lack of an actual game to leash the imagination, the remaining SC fanatics are the dregs of second life.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I really don't care. If there is any evidence then he should go to the police or his lawyer and stop posting stupid blogs about how he will destroy everything and then just do nothing at all. Until now, there is no legal action besides this stupid non signed letters of his backyard attorneys.
5 days to November and still nothing happened. No one sued, no one will sue.

:frogout:

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Oh boy, let's burn down our own house of retards.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Wafflz posted:

Someone should tell the fan art guy that redditors are attacking his work.

Don't stop there, burn the forums too. TIA

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

You need a premium account to see this message

Welp, that's a wrap

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

CrazyLoon posted:

I have to say, having been on that TS I found your lack of tact disturbing, considering you claim to be an educator...

Let me advise you on how you can remedy this in the future...

...and for once stop talking and listen to other people and what they are actually saying to you.

Shifting gears... what the gently caress did he do?

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Incombibulator posted:

Somebody been reporting their jpgz?
Pffffrttttt. :ironicat:

Careful now, don't want to set the project back to 2012

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes. You can get over 20% with the right yeast. The longer you age the less bite the alcohol has, and instead the result is a very pleasant and buttery smooth taste.

Thanks, now I want butter beer.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
This thread has a little bit of everything.

- Revolution
- Time travel
- Lord of the flies
- Better housekeeping
- Monk
- The Democratic National Convention
- Cannibalism

It's been an honor and a privilege

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
What the gently caress does the wheelchair have to do with any of this? Of all the god drat things going on in here, you pick a wheelchair?

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Definitely worth the 92 million.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

WebDog posted:

The Kickstarter resurgence fad is fascinating as you have to remember many of these older developers started out on budgets of $200,000 - $500,000 so in their mind they have already made a success in that ballpark and somewhat naively assume they can take a shortcut as there's complete game engines already out there - just hire a programmer and artist who will achieve your grand vision of the 21st century!

It's not all bad, I am thoroughly enjoying all of the space games coming out that have been conceived, developed, and released since the SC mania began.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Dapper Dan posted:

That speaks wonderfully to their long term plans. Anyone stonewalling regulators is surely doing legal things and making sure their entire operation is completely clear.

After the dust settles there had better be some kind of tragic breakdown of where the money went.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

This is how an real world works.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

A Stupid Baby posted:

Do we have to stop making fun of the fat guy for being fat too

Nah, gently caress 'em up

:gary:

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Gwaihir posted:

Beer4thebeergod will probably say more at length, but the Cutlass is/was the first concrete example of Ben being full of poo poo wrt anything he says on the forums, about ships, etc. It was sold as a super maneuverable pirate ship, then when it's flyable it's a fat pig that falls apart at the drop of a hat, and the variants that CIG sells are.. An ambulance and a cop car.

Womp wompppppp

Sometimes I get sad that none of this will happen...

I wouldn't mind a rambulance

:gary: :roflolmao: :gizz:

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Jegan Ace posted:

I liked the Witcher 3 (except the clunky, awful combat controls), but since nobody has played Fallout 4 yet, I believe Bethesda deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Is there seriously anyone left in this thread that isn't on the "Star Citizen up in flames" bandwagon? I'm a backer and I share that sentiment.

I'm trying to highlight that dickriding Derek Smart's bag of hot air isn't any better than signing over your property and spouse to Croberts. They are both awful.

Fallout 4 - It's going to suck unless you don't mind a modded New Vegas. It has this weird cult classic status even though it's super popular, so most people will like it no matter what. They are very aware of this, if they can just rehash NV and not gently caress something up, it will be a hit.

DEREKSMARTDEREKSMARTDEREKSMART- I was blown away that this dude is here after all of the mocking and stupid videos over a decade ago that I had forgotten about. He's just going to be himself, which is respectable enough, and it's pretty god drat entertaining.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Mirificus posted:

Karl doesn't seem to like the that your existence threatens to collapse their worldview Bootcha.

Is this... really... one guy having a conversation with himself and using alts to vote it for visibility?

I'm getting that sad feeling like when you realize CWC wasn't trolling.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Alright, it's up for proofreading before it's released to the animals: You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this link.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah, these guys will gang up on anyone that dares not even be critical but simply not 100% hype. No one will touch this until everyone dies.

There you go.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

jaegerx posted:

It's ok. Seraph is bitcoin rich. We are all slaves to the dollar.

Sometimes life is unfair

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
How much was Bootcha in for, or was that not disclosed at all?

Also, lol suck it down Karl

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
gently caress all of you. Ketchup and mayonnaise.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Nation posted:

Greetings condiment fans,

I would like to introduce to you some god-tier mayo

ta daa!

seriously try this poo poo

Sorry, it's garbage. I lived there for nearly a decade and they do have tons of amazing food stuffs but that's just not one of them.

But then again, I'm picky as gently caress about mayo

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Grinning Goblin posted:

Poor guy can't even pronounce "Aegis".

You had better not be one of those high horse snots that insist on eeeeeegis.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Berious posted:

Shameful. Even Scientologists believe if they spend enough they get to shoot lasers out of their eyes or whatever.

Holy poo poo! Signing up now!

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

From what I understand, they tried to cover up the fact they were married for reasons we can only speculate, Derek called them out at some point, and her response has been ":byodame: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IVE NEVER TRIED TO COVER UP MY MARITAL STATUS!"

Hiring unqualified people to pull executive salaries from a crowdfunded project into a single household seems reason enough.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Wyld posted:

Got a call today at the office. it was something like this:

You: (yes space nerd you) I'm an unique snowflake. I believe I can fly. I may never be a astronaut but f*** you I'm super cool at numbers and calculations.
Reality: Have you heard of EvE?
You: F*** EvE - If i haven't played for 10 years I totally can't fly a XXXX
Reality: Well, listen. We all agree. Eve can be a hard game to get into, but ya know give us a chance. (Google Permaband)
You: Screw you, my psyche test show I'm highly prone to manipulation. I wont be mislead by some Icelandic nerds
Reality: Listen, maybe online gaming isn't your thing. Have you maybe considered therapy or a support group.
You: GODDAMNIT, YOU GUYS XANADU IS REAL, IT'S NOT A CULT. LOOK WE HAVE SC 2.0c ITS AMAZING, THE DREAM, FULL IMMERSION, I BREATHE PU.

Reality: we all wanted a better game. it's not going to happen. Log the F back into EvE and STFU.

-=if you don't. Literally CCP Guard will eat your children or your future children. It has written, so mote it be=-

What the gently caress

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Can we get a kickstarter going for peters executive shitter? We could mock them even harder when it actually gets completed.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

D_Smart posted:

It's seraph (who apparently has been probated again). I got one as well.

You all realize there is no chance this isnt going to end without him tracking one of you down and killing you...right?

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Shut up dorkpriest

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Regrettable posted:

Did he seriously call them dinks and not realize that's a slur used against both little people and asians? Also, why does the spellcheck here not recognize the word asian?

Jesus Christ calm down

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Gwaihir posted:

Nothing about crowdfunding means they have to spend the money on anything in particular. It's just gathering funds! From a crowd!

No that's crowdfleecing

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Why do I love this thread? Because when we are not rolling around in the poop, giggling, and smearing on each others faces. We are actively inviting the mentally ill to swing by and track it around our house.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Ham smashers

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Paarp can't melt sperg dreams, makes you think.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Hey watch out, we're going to pay by sitting though shitposts in the star citizen thread.

e: You are insane and should get help.

Jimb fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 5, 2016

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Jimb fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

• Locked thread