Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
40 loving thousand dollars on jpgs. That's a yearly salary for a lot of people holy poo poo. I wonder what percentage of that 90 million is from whales. It's hard for me to believe all these people are in jobs that pay 6 figures if they are this stupid with their money.

edit: I mean in just that screen shot people admitted to paying 80k gently caress me. The sad thing is those guys have probably put in more money since march. Like I can't even imagine how unscrupulous you would have to be knowing your fans are dropping this kinda cash for your project and not saying anything to them knowing they are probably destroying their financial lives on something like this and having to live up to those expectations.

Vire fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

trucutru posted:

A regular person will just get one of the basic packages without extra JPEGs. At one million subscribers that's about 45 million dollars. The other 45m is the whales.

Hahaha my god 45 million dollars. You can't make this poo poo up.

Illegal Username posted:

I havent read these threads but what the gently caress is that actually Derek smart

Yes and it is glorious.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I don't know why anyone would back star citizen maybe outside of that initial kickstarter money just to show viability. If he didn't get enough money from purely fan donations he would have gotten it from investors and publishers after proving the project had sufficient interest and actually would have to meet milestones to please them. Then you could pay for the game the same price every other video game is 60 bucks and get the same poo poo he is charging these dupes thousands of dollars.

Were these people so terrified that the game would cease to exist if they didn't spend their whole life savings on it (probably ensuring it actually never will exist now funny enough because now he can feature creep the game to death and have zero accountability.). Or do they think they are getting value from buying this ships with real cash because they think it will be pay to win?

Sorry if this has been answered a million times I don't want to read all 600+ pages of the old thread and more to catch up on this train wreck.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

joats posted:

Dolvak is no longer moderator of /r/starcitizen

You know it's serious because it's in all caps. Is this the equivalent of sticking your head in the sand and hoping all the bad things go away because you can't see them anymore?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

D_Smart posted:

It's a case of the right hand working independently from the left hand. They'll never see it coming. Trust me, there's a plan in place. And the end result is glorious. It's going to be part of my legacy that will be written about for the next decades.

I'm rooting for this but at the same time come on man decades? Even you would have to admit that's a pretty outrageous claim.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
That pho looks loving amazing. Also can someone explain the whole shaved thing?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Best part of CitizenCon:

:wtchris: There will be no more dates! Not that most of us nerds get any dates either way...
:pray: YEAH! :homebrew:

This was the weirdest thing watching the video of it. Chris Roberts gets on stage and says he will no longer give dates on when things will finish because everyone gives him poo poo about it when he inevitably misses them and then the audience cheered? Like why? Hurray! this game is never coming out! It really drives home the not a cult thing.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
It's kinda amazing in all these gifs that are getting posted the game somehow runs worst and buggier than stock crysis. How does that happen? I don't know a lot about coding do they have to rip out working systems to make it a space ship game?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Ghostlight posted:

You buy an icecream van to convert into a taco truck. It comes with a freezer to keep things cool, but you also need to heat things up so you install a microwave.

Chris Roberts decides he needs hotdogs, so now you also need a steamer. Then he decides your tacos need to be fresh so you also need a deep fryer, and you need a stove to do the mince as you can no longer do pre-prep at the beginning of the day.

Now it's very difficult to move around in your icecream taco hotdog truck and you forgot to install a fridge so all your ingredients have to be defrosted and taste like poo poo.

This actually makes a lot of sense now :smith:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I think its time to post taco recipes and pictures

Fish taco time!

http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/basic-fish-tacos-29193

1 Place the fish in a baking dish and squeeze a lime half over it. Add the garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season with salt and pepper and turn the fish in the marinade until evenly coated. Refrigerate and let marinate at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, make the slaw and warm the tortillas.

2 Combine the cabbage, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl and squeeze a lime half over it. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary; set aside.

3 Warm the tortillas by heating a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tortilla at a time, flipping to warm both sides, about 5 minutes total. Wrap the warm tortillas in a clean dishcloth and set aside while you prepare the fish.

4 Brush the grates of a grill pan or outdoor grill with oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Remove the fish from the marinade and place on the grill.

5 Cook without moving until the underside of the fish has grill marks and is white and opaque on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until white and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes more. (It’s OK if it breaks apart while you’re flipping.) Transfer the fish to a plate.

6 Taste the slaw again and season as needed with more lime juice. Slice the remaining lime halves into wedges and serve with the tacos. To construct a taco, break up some of the cooked fish, place it in a warm tortilla, and top it with slaw and any optional garnishes.

Vire fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 26, 2015

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I love that these idiots don't even realize most of us couldn't give one poo poo what happened in eve and is such a almost trivial part of SA as a whole. I didn't even know what a train wreck this game was until the GBS thread / escapist article. This is some top quality entertainment. They are so bitter they removed pictures of loving tacos from the internet to get at us. They sure showed us.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
The best thing is none of us even has to do anything Chris Roberts is doing all the hard work of trolling his own most loyal fans to their faces when he says things like i'm not going to give you guys dates anymore.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Michaellaneous posted:

I really want to be the fly on the wall for that one. Did they plan for their fans to be happy with that?

Because the thought process you have to follow to get to this conclussion is insane.

"We have basically nothing to show them, but thankfully we can actually and realistically expect them to be happy if we tell them that we won't do anything anymore."

Because they couldn't have just walked up there and hoped for the best. No, they realize that their fanbase is a full on cult at the moment. It's insane.

e: And they are actually using that to their advantage.

I'm pretty sure all they needed to do was put a few employees in the crowd and have them start clapping and the rest would just follow. What else could they do even if they where not happy about it boo their own hero in front of a crowd that would be extremely hostile to that kinda thing? Maybe I am giving them too much credit though.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I wonder if Gary Oldman would feel bad if he found out that over 200 people are being paid under industry standard and not getting matching 401k so he could get paid millions of dollars to do this gig while im sure the top of the company are all buying new mansions for themselves.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Holy poo poo that video perfection.

Vire posted:

I wonder if Gary Oldman would feel bad if he found out that over 200 people are being paid under industry standard and not getting matching 401k so he could get paid millions of dollars to do this gig while im sure the top of the company are all buying new mansions for themselves.

Like he has to know this is happening right? Like i'm not saying it's his fault that these people are being taken advantage of if it wasn't him i'm sure they would find some other celebrity to do it.

Vire fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 27, 2015

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Wait those idiots actually think we took down their images? They reported images in this thread that where not even Star Citizen images haha are they serious?

Nickiepoo posted:

LivewareFailure [score hidden] 13 minutes ago
He is a bully and what he does is pathetic. But we can always put up new JPEG and if he and his GamerGate and Goon followers want to waste their time..

lol

there is no :ironicat: big enough in the world for this.

Vire fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 27, 2015

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

MeLKoR posted:

This is just sad.

Do they really think that 90 million dollars will cover dev cost for 2 more years? Keep buying those jpegs till 2020! Destiny had a 6 year dev cycle it costed them north of 200 million dollars.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

SneakyFrog posted:

You know guys, because i will never need another game again i think i would be comfortable if they push the release date to 2035, its gotta be perfect by then right?

right?

At the rate they are developing the guy who is comfortable with 2020 will get his wish anyway. No he won't because they will run dry of money long before that :shepface:. They are already closing a whole studio down to save money.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

neonbregna posted:

I believe this was a 200 million dollars over several games or years or something. If 200 million was spent on the steaming pile of excrement that is destiny that was a pretty good money laundering scheme.

That original figure was 500 million dollars. I didn't include the ludicrous marketing cost that they budgeted. It was estimated that the dev cost was around 200 million which makes sense if you know how big their dev team is and how many years they worked on it.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
This image is from jan 2015

so it slid another whole year in less than a year haha.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You didn't took this whole hive mind thing serious? Yeah you did! Lol, yes sure we will chip some money in. I should get a reddit account now.

But seriously, if Mr. Dipshit internet overlord really tries to sue some poor reddit guys I would love to give some money to these guys. And if the money is on an account outside of the USA he can also forget about getting one dime of it, even if he wins. At least that I know for sure.

Who is we you keep referring to? Not a cult.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

I said come in! posted:

RSI is actually near 2 years behind, 3 - 4 years when Squadron 42 comes out, but the delayed timer will still be ticking because S42 will not be completed fully by then and the other promised gameplay modes wont be done yet either. There's no excuse for why Squadron 42 isn't finished and feature complete by right now. It should be a full game buyable on Steam right now and it's not and that is beyond unacceptable.

Didn't elite basically do this in the same time frame?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Madcosby posted:

Did Bootcha get his money back yet?

Pretty sure you can't just ask for a refund of a VC investment when things go south haha. At best they could buy him out probably and the fact that they aren't should be a huge warning siren to even the most die hard believer because I doubt they would want to profit share with him after what he has posted in the thread if they think their game is going to make millions.

Vire fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 27, 2015

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

T.G. Xarbala posted:

So I'm guessing r/starcitizen took friendly fire from that random redditor's imgur autoreporting bot then?

Pretty much someone used it on all the images in this thread not realising most of it was their own images. We know it was them who did it because they took down cooking images in this thread that had nothing to do with star citizen as well.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

peter gabriel posted:

I love that they will play it off like 'yeah whatevs we don't care' but inside they will be pretty embarrassed and annoyed

To be fair it was probably one idiot and most of them think it's pretty scummy too. I mean in that thread they already sent request to imgur to get em back so it's pretty clear they do care.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

alphabettitouretti posted:

The story is changing. Now it was D Smart who did it first and Reddit was just retaliating.

What's funny is that is wrong too because the first images to get taken down where DSmart's images in the OP of the thread and we all thought he just couldn't use img tags right at first so goons gave him a hard time not knowing it was a bot attack.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

peter gabriel posted:

"I just lost the entire album of my wolf plush"

See, if that were me that would be a seminal moment in my life as I realised that was a good thing and I need a serious word with myself

This just keeps getting better thanks reddit. I don't think we could have come up with something this funny if we tried because goons are all retarded.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Tippis posted:

So… what are the odds that the script is still running? Has anyone over there posted an imgur link that “we” can “accidentally” bring down?

Its pretty clearly has stopped also don't touch the poop it's way funnier if they do this to themselves.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Eonwe posted:

also im amazed that someone on reddit used being gay as an insult

how is it all the way back in the 90s you weirdo

Then they call Something awful a haven for Gamer's Gate people how is it possible to have so little self awareness.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

pftc posted:

Imgur won't do anything because that means they have to apologize for having such a lax takedown system.

People don't like to be wrong

It's kinda amazing that this doesn't happen more often then. I guess most people aren't on that level of pettiness?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Literally dieing. This is the peak it can't get better can it?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Wafflz posted:

Don't try to understand true believers, just laugh at them.

They just used the fact that we don't have mental illnesses as an insult to us. Think about that. You can say what the hell is wrong with these people but then you already know their brains are literally broken by their own admission. It's like a parade of people who do all the hard work of trolling themselves for us.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

DarkRefreshment posted:

Did Chris Roberts move over to Hello Games?

NMS = Simultaneous launch with SC = 2020 = Soon™

At least they have the excuse of only having like 4 employees and aren't asking for donor money.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

DarkRefreshment posted:

True but who needs it with the ridiculous amount of money Sony made it rain on them for holding the game until Morpheus comes out

Sounds like a sony problem not a consumer problem. Dunno why people would hold it against them it's not like it's their money. Sony is the one who is hyping it up way too much as well. It just seems like a neat little indie exploration game.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
:oldman: is easier to remember.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I was going to say it's extremely easy for anyone to bully these days with swating as a thing. Even if your legs don't work.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

G0RF posted:

Dolvak creates Stargur, an image host service, to protect Spergs from future imgur takedown attacks (of the sort he himself might have been responsible for when targeting SomethingAwful...)

Pretty sure this is a huge red flag saying I DID IT I wrote the bot that took down all our images haha owned.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

OWLS! posted:

:ohdear: This guy has never run a public image hosting site has he... :ohdear:

This is just cover for when they start uploading their own horrifying images its DS and goons uploading it sure. Just like how they blame us for their lovely report bot too. I wonder if they start checking under their pillows every night for DS.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

D_Smart posted:

These are the indignant wankers who woke up one morning and decided that it was somehow a pretty good idea to declare war on Goons. Yeah.

What does declaring war on a comedy site even mean? Like how do you win against a group of people who take nothing seriously not even themselves specially because the white knight cultist take everything seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
You're getting downvoted by the echo chamber~ shocking.

• Locked thread