Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
So this page http://runestory.wikia.com/wiki/Runes says a soul surge gives a 25% bonus to all stats. Is it a fixed 25% of the stats your character has the moment you do it, or does it scale? I have a full affinity Sharon Swallowtail, who seems to be a pretty good fencer, and I really want to min-max her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Dancer posted:

So this page http://runestory.wikia.com/wiki/Runes says a soul surge gives a 25% bonus to all stats. Is it a fixed 25% of the stats your character has the moment you do it, or does it scale? I have a full affinity Sharon Swallowtail, who seems to be a pretty good fencer, and I really want to min-max her.

Wait for a natural 4* to soul surge. I have her and she's good, but there are better fencers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ah'm ready ta pounce

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

hanales posted:

Every weekend there is a co-op event that allows you to get a ton of jewels, runes, and other things.

Then the top 25 players of the top 50 guilds or so get 50 jewels each.

Since a bunch of our guild is inactive, you only have to play for a few hours a weekend to get 50 free jewels since myself and a few others are major nerds who put far too much time in.

To expand on this, if you get 3000 GP during the conquest events, you will get 55 jewels (+50 at the end for 105 total), usually a hundred or so t1 runes, about 60 or so t2 runes (hex), about 25 t3 runes (star), over 200,000 gold, about 30,000 soul points, about 30 instant tickets, 3 rainbow rune fragments (t1), 1x of each class rune, and a 4* memorial sword (get 4 of them and you can trade it in for a 4* weapon of your choice).

5000 GP will get you a rainbow star rune, which is good for one soul surge.

This conquest event, there is a 4000 GP and a 6000 GP prize of 1x of each t2 class rune (hex).

The prizes change each conquest, but it is usually similar to what I've mentioned. This time around it was super easy to get 6000 GP thanks to that special 4p co-op quest. It gave you 150 GP every 3 minutes. You only had to run it 40 times. 40*3 minutes = 120 minutes. So if you would have spent 2 hours over 4 days running that 4p co-op mission, you would have gotten all that poo poo I listed above. I always try to get at least 3000 for the memorial sword for the free 4* weapons.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

hanales posted:

Wait for a natural 4* to soul surge. I have her and she's good, but there are better fencers.

I have a natural 4* fencer, who's not much better, and I just really like her. And regardless, that's still useful information to have. On any character, should I wait until I max out the soul tree before a soul surge, or can I do it whenever and i still reach same stats?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
The only thing I don't like about Conquest is I don't seem to actually get the guild rune rewards.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

There is 1 spot open in Goon Squad. Post your in-game name and leader character here if you want in.

Knightmare posted:

The only thing I don't like about Conquest is I don't seem to actually get the guild rune rewards.

I don't think the Mission in the Factory coop drops guild runes, I've gotten plenty of guild runes during previous Conquests when I've run the normal 4p and 2p coop.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Kill All Humans posted:

There is 1 spot open in Goon Squad. Post your in-game name and leader character here if you want in.

I don't think the Mission in the Factory coop drops guild runes, I've gotten plenty of guild runes during previous Conquests when I've run the normal 4p and 2p coop.

I'm Dancer and I keep alternating leader between Shannon and the default "player character". I'm currently 3rd ranked in goon squad 2 and I wouldn't mind the promotion.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Dancer posted:

I have a natural 4* fencer, who's not much better, and I just really like her. And regardless, that's still useful information to have. On any character, should I wait until I max out the soul tree before a soul surge, or can I do it whenever and i still reach same stats?

It shouldn't matter when you soul surge, and using Sharon is fine really, she's one of the best 3* characters and you only need 4 rainbow crystal runes to fully soul surge a 3* compared to 4 rainbow star runes (or 100 crystal runes, yikes) for a 4*.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Kill All Humans posted:

One of the conquest GP rewards is a guild rune of each color but they never actually show up in my inventory, it's weird.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Knightmare posted:

One of the conquest GP rewards is a guild rune of each color but they never actually show up in my inventory, it's weird.

They appear as "Presents". Go to Settings / Items. Go to the 2nd page of the Runes tab. You should see them there. I see my 2x hex class runes.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The weapon exchange program (and weapon draws in general) puzzle me.

I want Guthbar's sword weapon (since I have Guthbar now), and have two Memorial Swords and a spare Spitfire fist to trade; one more to go. I completed Dido Island's Hard Mode, got the reward for 3-crowning all missions (an untouched, unupgraded 4* axe) and am told "You can't trade weapons that have been evolved" when I try to trade it in.

I go over to a 5* lance that started life as a 4* and has been upgraded twice, and that it would accept. :allears:

I don't really want to lose a 5* lance with a skill in case Lancers ever become viable, but nice quality control there.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Nalin posted:

They appear as "Presents". Go to Settings / Items. Go to the 2nd page of the Runes tab. You should see them there. I see my 2x hex class runes.

Oh right, I see there are multiple tiers of guild runes and I have a bunch of 2nd tier hex guild runes, not the 1st tier ones that we're using now. Thanks!

Hexmix
Nov 8, 2015

delfin posted:

The weapon exchange program (and weapon draws in general) puzzle me.

I want Guthbar's sword weapon (since I have Guthbar now), and have two Memorial Swords and a spare Spitfire fist to trade; one more to go. I completed Dido Island's Hard Mode, got the reward for 3-crowning all missions (an untouched, unupgraded 4* axe) and am told "You can't trade weapons that have been evolved" when I try to trade it in.

I go over to a 5* lance that started life as a 4* and has been upgraded twice, and that it would accept. :allears:

I don't really want to lose a 5* lance with a skill in case Lancers ever become viable, but nice quality control there.

You can only trade in weapons that you get from the forge or memorial swords. If you trade for a weapon, you cannot use the weapon you traded for in further trades. It sucks but at least you get a free weapon every month with conquest.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Hexmix posted:

You can only trade in weapons that you get from the forge or memorial swords. If you trade for a weapon, you cannot use the weapon you traded for in further trades. It sucks but at least you get a free weapon every month with conquest.

If you're willing to grind out 3000 points, that is, which is painful outside of cheeseable events like this one. Still, I'll need to do that since 4* drop rates from the weapon gacha are ridiculously low.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
That's why I only roll characters
(receives 11 rainbow runes)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Is the advice in the OP about which characters to roll for still valid? I'm only seeing 3*, not 4*.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Klungar posted:

Is the advice in the OP about which characters to roll for still valid? I'm only seeing 3*, not 4*.

It looks like they stopped doing the guaranteed 4* and now it's random, and it's kind of a pain to reset until you get a 4*. Honestly I'd just go with a 3* (sword/brawler ideally) instead of constant rerolling, they throw a ton of free characters at you and enough jewels for lots of 10+1 character rolls.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Thankfully, I'm on iOS, so it isn't a hassle to reroll, I'm just trying to figure out which of the 4*s are worth keeping. I've seen a dozen of them or so but none of the ones I can find on the various tier lists throughout the internet.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

They released a bunch of new characters. I ended up with a lancer 4* but I wish I had been patient enough to get a different class.

Is it possible to co-op with a friend not in your guild? There's a few levels that kind of require a buddy to open the special route crystals and GS2 is kind of quiet.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I've done 3 11-character pulls and I have 7 4 star dudes now. The game is fun enough to actually play so if I was starting over I'd just reroll until I got a guy that looks cool and start killing stuff rather than spending lots of time trying to get a pro-tier character.

Is there going to be another daily login reward like last month? Bummed that I missed the first two weeks of that.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I ended up settling on Guthbar, since some post on an official announcement somewhere seemed to suggest he was at least A+/S Rank, so he'd be in the same league as the recommended Hao. Here's hoping he turns out ok!

e: Requested to join Goon Squad 2 as Klungar.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 1, 2015

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Klungar posted:

I ended up settling on Guthbar, since some post on an official announcement somewhere seemed to suggest he was at least A+/S Rank, so he'd be in the same league as the recommended Hao. Here's hoping he turns out ok!

e: Requested to join Goon Squad 2 as Klungar.

Guthbar is a beast.

taco show posted:

They released a bunch of new characters. I ended up with a lancer 4* but I wish I had been patient enough to get a different class.

Is it possible to co-op with a friend not in your guild? There's a few levels that kind of require a buddy to open the special route crystals and GS2 is kind of quiet.

It is not possible. Sorry.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

There are 2 spots open in Goon Squad, post your in-game name and leader character here when you apply if you want in.

Guthbar is super good, he's replaced Hao as my primary fencer. Hao is still better in certain situations and bosses because his skill 2 is super spammable and has a sweet spot where it can hit multiple times but Guthbar's skills have huge aoe and generally deal more damage.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Applying as tacoSA and my main is Illia

Unstable Pants
Sep 1, 2004

OH GOD, THEY'RE GOING CRITICAL! RUN!
Applying as XydSA. Main is Clive

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

This is probably a long shot despite not tracking your playtime for an energy system, but do you need a constant internet connection to play this?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

jjac posted:

This is probably a long shot despite not tracking your playtime for an energy system, but do you need a constant internet connection to play this?

When playing solo, you need an internet connection to load the level and when you complete the level. Doing stuff in your town also requires a connection. I'm not sure about any of the other modes.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Hey if anyone wants a decent starter account you can take this one I just finished. My free roll got a four star Guthbar. I'm on a never ending quest to roll a four star sniper, though. I played this account to the first 10+1 roll. I got a second Guthbar and a bunch of random 2-3 stars. Guthbar seems pretty powerful and has a weird surfer dude voice.

login: slouch@something.com
pass: gatcha
Security Question: Where were you born?
A: something awful

Let me know if you grab this so I can take down the login info. I think you can change the login details once you are in the game. thanks

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I have enough gems for the 10+1, but seeing as I only use one character at the moment, and I have one of three characters from the current special roll (Guthbar), should I wait until the next set of characters comes out before I do my roll?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Klungar posted:

I have enough gems for the 10+1, but seeing as I only use one character at the moment, and I have one of three characters from the current special roll (Guthbar), should I wait until the next set of characters comes out before I do my roll?

A guy at work was thinking that it might be a good idea to save up for Christmas to see what they roll out. I'm on board with this reasoning.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

There are 3 spots open in Goon Squad. Post your in-game name and leader character here when you apply.

This week's Conquest has a new set of 4p co-op stages from 1-8*. The best place to currently farm gp though is Dido Isle Hard 9-2 co-op which gives 25gp for destroying a gate. With characters like Undead Mira or Hao who have good multihit skills the stage can be cleared in around 10 seconds.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Kill All Humans posted:

There are 3 spots open in Goon Squad. Post your in-game name and leader character here when you apply.

This week's Conquest has a new set of 4p co-op stages from 1-8*. The best place to currently farm gp though is Dido Isle Hard 9-2 co-op which gives 25gp for destroying a gate. With characters like Undead Mira or Hao who have good multihit skills the stage can be cleared in around 10 seconds.

Sweetness, Goon squad 2 is p dead. Applying as Xenochrist, Mio is leader character.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Kill All Humans posted:

Applied as koolkal, leader is Razia.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Kill All Humans posted:

Applying as Klungar, leader is Guthbar.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

My phone died and a replacement won't get here for a bit so you can expel me from the squad if you need Conquest points, in-game name is Knightmare.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Douglas event is back. Good chance for anyone like me who didn't finish leveling him up the first time.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Kyoujin posted:

Douglas event is back. Good chance for anyone like me who didn't finish leveling him up the first time.

Can you explain this for losers like me who don't know? I'm assuming Douglas is a special character that you obtain by completing some quest as opposed to rolling?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Dancer posted:

Can you explain this for losers like me who don't know? I'm assuming Douglas is a special character that you obtain by completing some quest as opposed to rolling?

Exactly. Go to the map and tap on the floating "Event" balloon. By completing the Douglas levels, you get a free 4* fencer called Douglas and his associated weapon. The gimmick is that you can only level him up with special runes you find in his stage. And you use those same runes to evolve his sword. So you basically have to grind his level over and over to get the runes to level him up. Wait until you have 10 rest points and co-op the later levels of his stage to maximize your rune gain, because eventually you're only going to earn enough runes per run to level him only once. That happens around level 60 or so. Prepare for the grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If you don't get enough runes to power him up all the way in these couple of days, no worries -- he will return another day. Once you can clear Nightmare in coop, you should have all the tier 3 runes you need and the tier 2s will be the bottleneck.

Just getting him and his sword is a good thing for now. Note that unlike the main character's sword, Douglas's sword can be passed around.

• Locked thread