Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanales
Nov 3, 2013

delfin posted:

If you don't get enough runes to power him up all the way in these couple of days, no worries -- he will return another day. Once you can clear Nightmare in coop, you should have all the tier 3 runes you need and the tier 2s will be the bottleneck.

Just getting him and his sword is a good thing for now. Note that unlike the main character's sword, Douglas's sword can be passed around.

It's only been like 2 weeks since the last douglas event, so second on the not worrying. I got him up to level 86 last time, and this time got his weapon up and him up to 100 in a day.

Try co-oping with goons we usually have enough people around to help out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What is the unlock condition for the sword? I'm brand new to the game and blowing up guild chat with my dumb newbie questions. I have a level 50 Guthbar and Level 1 Mordecius and Douglas and 3* sword, so I can clear Normal mode without issue but not Hard mode.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

The number of inactives in Goon Squad has kinda exploded. Usually I would kick people for being inactive for around 7+ days but if I did that now there would be like 11 spots open. Should I just kick them or wait a bit longer? Are there enough goons to fill up those spots? Should I open the guild up to pubbies? What do you guys think?

Klungar posted:

What is the unlock condition for the sword? I'm brand new to the game and blowing up guild chat with my dumb newbie questions. I have a level 50 Guthbar and Level 1 Mordecius and Douglas and 3* sword, so I can clear Normal mode without issue but not Hard mode.

IIRC to unlock the sword you just need to clear the nightmare stage which is the 8th difficulty level. It's going to be difficult if you don't have at least one max level character so see if you can get someone to carry you.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Is there anybody left in the 2nd guild who needs to move over? We have enough inactives that we can allow anybody to move over if they want. Before thinking about opening it up, I would first try to get everybody active in the 2nd guild to cross over and see if any friends/family want in too.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Kill All Humans posted:

The number of inactives in Goon Squad has kinda exploded. Usually I would kick people for being inactive for around 7+ days but if I did that now there would be like 11 spots open. Should I just kick them or wait a bit longer? Are there enough goons to fill up those spots? Should I open the guild up to pubbies? What do you guys think?

IIRC to unlock the sword you just need to clear the nightmare stage which is the 8th difficulty level. It's going to be difficult if you don't have at least one max level character so see if you can get someone to carry you.

I'll be glad to carry people through to help clear first time. Kind of bored tonight anyway :D

Nalin posted:

Is there anybody left in the 2nd guild who needs to move over? We have enough inactives that we can allow anybody to move over if they want. Before thinking about opening it up, I would first try to get everybody active in the 2nd guild to cross over and see if any friends/family want in too.

Yes move anyone over, but why bother adding pubbies, we seem to have no problem getting into the top 50, and until/if they change the "only the top 25 folk get the reward" it would just become a cut throat thing which I'm not really interested in.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

hanales posted:

we seem to have no problem getting into the top 50, and until/if they change the "only the top 25 folk get the reward" it would just become a cut throat thing which I'm not really interested in.

Yeah, that's true. I know some people want to try for top 10 for the higher reward, but I just don't see it happening for this guild. Unless we start slipping out of the top 50, I prefer the easy "spend at least an hour on the weekend and get 50 jewels" nature.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
I'm still in goon squad 2, I'll move over if there is room.

Applied as Quickpull. Main is Illia.

Quickpull fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 9, 2015

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks for the input, I'll keep it in mind.

For now I cleared out inactives and there's 11 spots open in Goon Squad. Post your in-game name and leader character here when you apply. If you were one of the inactives who got kicked but still want to play then either try to get back in to Goon Squad while there's room or join Goon Squad 2 for now. In the future if you plan on being inactive for a week or more it'd be nice if you made a note of it in the Google Doc linked in the OP so I don't kick you by mistake.

As for the Conquest thing, we're probably not going to ever break into the top 10, there are some seriously hardcore poopsocker guilds at the top that enforce GP quotas and goons seem pretty relaxed about this game. Only about half of our guild contributes towards Conquests. And in the end it would take a disproportionate amount of effort for the guild to go from 20ish to top 10 for 30 more jewels per week and I don't intend on forcing people to contribute.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Kill All Humans posted:

For now I cleared out inactives and there's 11 spots open in Goon Squad. Post your in-game name and leader character here when you apply. If you were one of the inactives who got kicked but still want to play then either try to get back in to Goon Squad while there's room or join Goon Squad 2 for now. In the future if you plan on being inactive for a week or more it'd be nice if you made a note of it in the Google Doc linked in the OP so I don't kick you by mistake.

As for the Conquest thing, we're probably not going to ever break into the top 10, there are some seriously hardcore poopsocker guilds at the top that enforce GP quotas and goons seem pretty relaxed about this game. Only about half of our guild contributes towards Conquests. And in the end it would take a disproportionate amount of effort for the guild to go from 20ish to top 10 for 30 more jewels per week and I don't intend on forcing people to contribute.

:agreed: thanks for managing all of this.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Kill All Humans posted:

Yeah there are guilds that have mandatory quotas for their members to meet, and that sounds like a goddamn pain in the rear end.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
You can boot me (Knightmare in-game), I'm having phone replacement issues and it was starting to feel more grindy than fun anyway. Maybe I'll come back to it when the phone is sorted out and I get more time in a month or two.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Knightmare posted:

You can boot me (Knightmare in-game), I'm having phone replacement issues and it was starting to feel more grindy than fun anyway. Maybe I'll come back to it when the phone is sorted out and I get more time in a month or two.

If the guild gets too full then I'll boot you but for now the problem is trying to get enough people in the guild. There's still 11 spots open in Goon Squad at the moment.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

There are now 12 spots open in Goon Squad. As usual post your in-game name and leader character here when you apply. Are there still people in Goon Squad 2 who want to move over? If not then we might just have to start filling the guild with friends and family.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the last app update for Android must have had some stealth performance improvements in it, because I am getting way more frames. like so many frames you don't even know. actually it's not that great, but it's a big improvement over the random jankiness I've been whining about for the entire thread here

only problem is that i was used to playing with choppy FPS and laggy input, so with the new patch I'm dodging into enemies all the time and my timing is all off :lol:

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Applied as Skodra. My leader is Amelia.

Unrelated note: I have 4 4 star mages and have no idea which of them is good. I cannot roll a 4 star melee hero to save my life.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
Rude Booty here, haven't gotten around to changing my name on SA yet. I notice suddenly I have become the guild leader of Goon Squad 2 somehow. Assuming that was an accident?
Oh I see there was a goon exodus in the main guild. Alright. In that case I'll apply there as well. Leader is mio

Savage Shulkie fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 12, 2015

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

TokenTrevor posted:

Rude Booty here, haven't gotten around to changing my name on SA yet. I notice suddenly I have become the guild leader of Goon Squad 2 somehow. Assuming that was an accident?
Oh I see there was a goon exodus in the main guild. Alright. In that case I'll apply there as well. Leader is mio

I was worried this would happen. It's been a while and there are still 11 spots open in Goon Squad. Are there any folks in Goon Squad 2 who want to get into the first guild? I took a look and there aren't too many active players in the second guild so this would be a good time to move over. If we don't fill in these spots I'm just gonna start opening up the guild for friends and family.

Also, if you don't post here with your in-game name and leader character you won't get accepted. There's no way to tell in-game whether an application is from a goon or a pubbie.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

I'm opening up Goon Squad up for family and friends. There are 11 spots open, post in-game name and leader character here or I won't accept the application. It looks like we won't get much more goon interest in this game so now we're at this point.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Ehh, you can remove Lutha from the guild. I can't really be bothered to play the game anymore, my interest isn't there. It was fun though.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Spent 1750 jewels (7 rolls), rolled my only three 4* on the last roll. One was the Christmas mage. And I've seen people have the gall to say that the drop rates in this game are okay.

I might have to try the JP version. Anybody have a link to the .apk?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
JP version install instructions for both iOS and Android:
https://www.reddit.com/r/shironeko/wiki/howtoinstall

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
http://forums.runestorygame.com/discussion/775/colopl-possibly-very-racist-against-america

Very Possibly!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If there's anyone still playing the Global (US) version, good lord, come over to Shironeko. It's so much more of a game there that it's not even funny, and there are plenty of translation guides available.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

How is it different from Rune Story? It looks like the same game.

edit: I'm stupid.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
In fairness it _is_ the same game, but with a lot more generosity on the part of the hosts and an extra year+ of content unlocked. Among other things:

* Two new unit types (Cross Saber and Dragon Rider)
* Accessories for units
* Guild Offers, which is how most accessories are acquired (a 'send them off' quest mode that can end in battle)
* Five (I think) additional islands unlockable through story mode
* Many more available maps in co-op mode (4P, 2P and short and long duration events)
* Bonus gems for co-oping with mutual followers (up to 20 different followers, 10 each time)
* Content based around unit type (Hero Type, Attacker Type, Balanced Type, etc.)
* Lots more buildings for your town
* No instant tickets; instead, you get scrolls that 2x gold / runes / souls / experience for an hour, or can buy 2x / 3x / 5x everything books for jewels
* No 'gold' weapon runes or Epic monsters
* Multiple events going on at a time -- I think the Xmas events were a couple of hundred jewels by themselves just from freebie giveaways
* Special gachas with decent rates (weapon rates are about the same as in Global, sadly)
* Charge attacks for fencers and brawlers like archers have
* General power creep. I'm soloing some maps that four of us had trouble with in Global

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The JP version is indeed better, but I just don't have the time to spend pouring over translation guides. Plus my time is pretty limited, so I've kept up mainly with Global.

Global recently doubled the weapon drop rates (but made them cost the same jewels as character drops).

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I'm really enjoying shironeko despite not understanding a word. After playing global you already know what most the buttons do so I've been able to blunder through the menus. Admittedly I haven't bothered with new stuff like the guild offers yet.

Despite some stupid things like accidentally reviving for a couple jewels before I got used to the red/green switch, the only thing I really look up is mission conditions. There's a pretty handy guide where they translated most of the common ones.

Filecabinet
Aug 16, 2005
Non-Automatic Document Storage System

Nalin posted:

Global recently doubled the weapon drop rates (but made them cost the same jewels as character drops).

JP doubled its weapon drop rate without upping the jewel cost.

Part of my problem with Global is how they arbitrarily nerf things, take things away entirely, and reduce/eliminate rewards.

Global's decision-making just seems like a lesson in how to piss off players / paying customers, honestly.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Goon Squad on global has about 7000 GP during this conquest and is ranked in the mid-60's. The co-op is the factory one where Undead Mira can get you 150 GP in about 3 minutes a run. Global is fairly dead compared to a month ago.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Nalin posted:

Goon Squad on global has about 7000 GP during this conquest and is ranked in the mid-60's. The co-op is the factory one where Undead Mira can get you 150 GP in about 3 minutes a run. Global is fairly dead compared to a month ago.

Yeah I ran up to 3K in about an hour. The player base has dropped considerably, so we're getting free jewels for no work at least.

THE POWER OF 2

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Just joined the guild as SolkanarSA

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I uninstalled this last week, name was coldbird if you need room in the guild.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Funny bug this week in conquest

For the first 90 minutes or so 8* co op was bugged so no enemies would spawn. So you just ran to then end and got 100GP

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

hanales posted:

Funny bug this week in conquest

For the first 90 minutes or so 8* co op was bugged so no enemies would spawn. So you just ran to then end and got 100GP

I wish I could have taken advantage of that. Dang.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Also, wow, Dual Blade Rune on global conquest rewards. The 6th island is probably going to bring the dual blade class. And the conquest rewards go to 10,000, wow.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The new global update is partially out. The patch mainly adds dual blade characters, the fencer charge and counter attack system, 6th island, and the soul board enhancement in the JP version where you can unlock multiple levels at once. However, the 6th island and the dual blade characters aren't enabled in-game yet (probably tomorrow).

It looks like they are doing that thing where they stagger out updates over time instead of just giving everybody the latest version.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Nalin posted:

The new global update is partially out. The patch mainly adds dual blade characters, the fencer charge and counter attack system, 6th island, and the soul board enhancement in the JP version where you can unlock multiple levels at once. However, the 6th island and the dual blade characters aren't enabled in-game yet (probably tomorrow).

It looks like they are doing that thing where they stagger out updates over time instead of just giving everybody the latest version.

You have it already? :/ I hope I get it soon.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

hanales posted:

You have it already? :/ I hope I get it soon.
It's on the Google Play store for Android devices right now. Looks like they broke stat increases caused by guild perks, so the community is upset that they've lost that one point of attack their 0.2% bonus gave them.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Nalin posted:

It's on the Google Play store for Android devices right now. Looks like they broke stat increases caused by guild perks, so the community is upset that they've lost that one point of attack their 0.2% bonus gave them.

Just popped up for me actually.

Fencer charge is pretty cool. Now I just need some levels to use it on :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The 6th island is now released. They also are having a login stamp event going on. 100 jewels, a memorial sword, a 4-star character (bear) plus his 4-star motif weapon, and 3x class runes for every class (including dual swords). Much better than that terrible Christmas login stamp event.

• Locked thread