Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Fencers are nice for their AE damage. Brawlers generate SP faster so they're probably better at single target boss killing. I think a Fencer is probably ideal for AE clearing but I haven't used a mage really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antezulu
Mar 18, 2015
I've applied as well, as Antezulu. I got an archer named Elina as my first 4* and she seems pretty good. Crits often, long range.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The jp wiki has ratings for each of the characters. The general consensus is out of the starting batch Hao and Mira are the best. If you do a hero pull on the second batch he archer I think it's amalia she is rated A+ on the wiki and is the best pull out of that batch.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

This game seems fun but crashes loving CONSTANTLY. Usually while i'm in a menu.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Apple device? I've heard they have a lot of crashes, I haven't had any on my HTC one.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Sent in a guild request as Nalin.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got Cobb as my starting pull. He's a giant talking corn cob that punches the poo poo out of stuff. 10/10 GOTY

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Applied as Hilarity

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The problem I see currently is that I can't tell who is applying. It just says yes or no, with a portrait of their leader. It doesn't say a name.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
That's super strange because it even lets you put a message to display to the recruiter.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
So, I just started playing the game. Is Cassie a decent unit or should I just reroll?

edit: Reroll nabbed a Mira, guess I'm keeping this then. Lost a Seven Branched Sword though.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 27, 2015

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Applied as Goodchild, I really suck at mobile controls! :bang:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Applied as roid666

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've accepted everyone who applied to the guild, and then went through and crosschecked everyones names in this thread. I'm going to bed, Cupnoodle has vice-guildmaster so he should be able to accept anyone else.

Gotcha back in Crash

Zotix fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 27, 2015

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I'm Crashburn ig, I'll reapply.

e: thanks man

Crash_N_Burn fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 27, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Applied as Potator

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Applied as stringer

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Got Elizabeth from an 11 pull.

:japan:

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
Really liking this so far, and the lack of energy is a huge plus for me. Applied under MrOwlSA.

Tried to find some info as to why the Hao I got on my pull was a good starter, and through rough Google translate attempts I believe it to be his strong powers with lowish costs. The downside being one of them is harder to aim I guess?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Oh, also applying as fancy400

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

If you apply to the guild please post your ign here. When you send an application the game doesn't show your name or the message and we can only verify after we accept.

Also, play coop. It's fun and works surprisingly well. It also seems to be the only way to earn guild runes?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Applied as aeto, these controls are quite frustrating.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I applied as Huzzahdave, with my SA name in the message

krithel
Apr 4, 2009
Applied as Krithel

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

In as Sawful. I suck at using ranged dudes. Every time I pop my healer out she dies. :(

At least my first gacha pull went well.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Applied as coldbird. If you can't see anything else about me, I put "stairs" in my app message and my main is the hammer chef girl

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Everyone's been accepted into the guild and now I'm off to bed.

Edit: Okay got you queeb

CupNoodleKing fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 27, 2015

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Kill All Humans posted:

Everyone's been accepted into the guild and now I'm off to bed.

applied as queebSA!

SPM
Jan 7, 2009
I applied as SPM

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Someone Awful! posted:

In as Sawful. I suck at using ranged dudes. Every time I pop my healer out she dies.

Unless you're trapped in a hallway, swipe roll! It's faster than any enemy movement speed and you seem to be fully invincible during, so you can roll through that big wolf melee aoe for example. There's also some options settings that let you tweak your auto aim behavior a bit.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Is there a strategy guide or anything up for spending jewels while starting out in this game yet? I haven't been able to find one.

So far I've done one 11 pull on characters, and I think I'm saving up to do at least one more before switching to equipment. I'm guessing one of the first goals to aim for is four different 4* chars of different classes in your party roster, and a Restaurant upgraded enough to fit them all?

Padomyme
Jan 9, 2005
Burn the women and rape the cows
Applied as Xobraix

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Aerox posted:

Is there a strategy guide or anything up for spending jewels while starting out in this game yet? I haven't been able to find one.

So far I've done one 11 pull on characters, and I think I'm saving up to do at least one more before switching to equipment. I'm guessing one of the first goals to aim for is four different 4* chars of different classes in your party roster, and a Restaurant upgraded enough to fit them all?

More or less. I wouldn't say you need a full team of 4* but two or three is okay then go to equipment.

Just a warning, pulling 4* equipment is more rare than characters. I think its because you can get these swords from guild events that are 4* and you can trade 4 for a weapon of your choosing.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Trying to find the guild but it's not showing.

edit: Okay, that is some stupid railroading. Found the guild.
Joining as Cipher.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 27, 2015

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
Applied as Zakyrie.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

Trying to find the guild but it's not showing.

edit: Okay, that is some stupid railroading. Found the guild.
Joining as Cipher.

Can you tell me how? I tried joining another guild and leaving, but I still can't find Goon Squad.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Applied as TBC SA.

Radiation Cow posted:

Can you tell me how? I tried joining another guild and leaving, but I still can't find Goon Squad.

I know some people have reported that it wasn't showing up, but all I had to do was type "Goon Squad" in the search box and it appeared.

Filecabinet
Aug 16, 2005
Non-Automatic Document Storage System
applied as Price

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Aerox posted:

I've read that there isn't that much difference from some 3* characters and some 4* (and, in fact, some 4* are worse). I wouldn't be too worried at this stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Here's a bit of an update. Within 24h we are 40+ members out of the 50 person cap. I don't see a way to raise the number of guild members, so we will soon be at our cap. What I'm thinking is that by this time tomorrow, I'll remove anyone under account level 10. My reasoning is that they do guild events and participation is key to get the rewards. It's quite cheap to make a guild, I believe 20 gems. If someone wants to make another guild where we can move the players who might not play as much, I'm all for it. I'm open for discussion, but I don't think account level 10 is a lot to ask right now. It takes about 30 minutes of playtime to get there.

Also, this link is the JP wiki which has a rough guideline on who is decent. http://wiki.famitsu.com/shironeko/

The names aren't exact and may require you to look for the character.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 27, 2015

• Locked thread