Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Radiation Cow posted:

Can you tell me how? I tried joining another guild and leaving, but I still can't find Goon Squad.

What I had to do was join a dummy guild, leave it immediately, then look up Goon Squad on the guild list again.

For some reason, there was another guild listed as Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Applied as skater h8er

tojarg
Mar 27, 2010

Oh hey. What's up.
Just a heads up I applied for the guild. J believe my name is Tojarg.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
applied as hallejokel

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

My game crashed and I kept getting "User authentication failed. Inquiry Number 00001004" when I started the game and couldn't get past that point. I fixed it by deleting and redownloading the game, I probably should have tried logging out and back in to gamecenter before that but oh well.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Is there someone with an Annabelle leader trying to join? If so your application bugged out, try again.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Thanks for accepting Lutha into the guild, that's me.

I figured out that you can control the camera manually. Sort of. If you do two-finger pinch or zoom, this will zoom the camera in and out. If you do the "put two fingers on the screen and pretend you're rotating a disc" thing, you can rotate the camera around your character on the XZ plane. The problem is that the game doesn't always seem to detect these motions the same way, or at all, so sometimes I just give up and finish the level with my zoomed-out sideways garbage camera instead of dicking around with it more. The one thing to keep in mind is only try this if you're in a safe spot. The crappy gesture detection means that your character will flail around and do attacks at random, so you don't want to be somewhere that you'll pull a mob or fall into the poison swamp.

e:

This game loves giving you stuff. My eyes glaze over at all the "gift received" messages.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 28, 2015

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I figured out that you can control the camera manually. Sort of. If you do two-finger pinch or zoom, this will zoom the camera in and out. If you do the "put two fingers on the screen and pretend you're rotating a disc" thing, you can rotate the camera around your character on the XZ plane. The problem is that the game doesn't always seem to detect these motions the same way, or at all, so sometimes I just give up and finish the level with my zoomed-out sideways garbage camera instead of dicking around with it more. The one thing to keep in mind is only try this if you're in a safe spot. The crappy gesture detection means that your character will flail around and do attacks at random, so you don't want to be somewhere that you'll pull a mob or fall into the poison swamp.

You can change the default zoom settings for the camera, too, so you don't have to zoom out each time.

Also, OxmanSA and I did a guild 2p co-op quest. Monsters are level 25 and the boss battle at the end is brutal. I was just competent with a sniper at level 25. After we won, I got 3 ranks in something that I can't figure out, as well as some pretty good rewards. You absolutely have to bring a magic user for those stupid turtles at the end.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.
Glad I pulled a Hao first, because I just had an 11-pull with no 4-stars. Lame. I guess it doesn't really matter since I can only field Hao, 3-star, and two 2-stars, but it's still a bummer.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
In running two 4* and a 3* and that was a hassle to get together. Now I at least have a 3* of every type. Arabian boxer guy, robot nurse, hammer mom, and now bird archer can back up Chinese sword guy (Hao) and magical girl (Suzune) .

The thing I don't understand yet is item upgrading. I just got a 3* sword, but it's outclassed by a 2* that I ranked up. Is putting 50k plus leveling cost into upgrading that 3* going to be worth it? Or is taking the 2* to max rank a better investment?

It'd also help if how elements worked was explained. Said 3* sword is Bolt and I'm pretty sure it's why the base damage lags.

Shock is definitely worth it on items, I have it on a hammer (3* Solar System) and stunning bosses is great.

Nalin posted:

You absolutely have to bring a magic user for those stupid turtles at the end.

A fighter can wreck up on those turtles, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 28, 2015

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Nalin posted:

You can change the default zoom settings for the camera, too, so you don't have to zoom out each time.

Also, OxmanSA and I did a guild 2p co-op quest. Monsters are level 25 and the boss battle at the end is brutal. I was just competent with a sniper at level 25. After we won, I got 3 ranks in something that I can't figure out, as well as some pretty good rewards. You absolutely have to bring a magic user for those stupid turtles at the end.

I'm gonna be doing these tonight if any other late night turbo nerd is up, they give out like a 17k payout and daddy needs to upgrade his anime houses. Also save your insta mission tickets for the final tier of daily rocks, to load yourself up with whatever you need to max your main.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

What I had to do was join a dummy guild, leave it immediately, then look up Goon Squad on the guild list again.

For some reason, there was another guild listed as Goons.

I've tried this twice now, and no luck. That's why I'm wondering if I need to progress further in the story or something.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

OxMan posted:

I'm gonna be doing these tonight if any other late night turbo nerd is up, they give out like a 17k payout and daddy needs to upgrade his anime houses. Also save your insta mission tickets for the final tier of daily rocks, to load yourself up with whatever you need to max your main.

What are the insta-mission tickets? It instantly completes the mission and gives you the rewards? How many do you get?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'll do some co-op in 20 min when I get home. Someone will prob need to carry me as I've been drinking, since it's my last day at my job but I'll run some for a few hours.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Nalin posted:

What are the insta-mission tickets? It instantly completes the mission and gives you the rewards? How many do you get?

it looks like a piece of paper with a lightning bolt on it. I've gotten some for completing cheevos in the medal menu. if you go to a level that you've 3-starred, you can tap the "instant" button and it will show you how many of them you have.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Applied as Risutora.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
Applied as Candyleadr. This is a neato game and being allowed to play it when I like is pretty great.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I finally started, I'll join the guild thing when I can. Named my dude Skub, no clue how to add friends yet so whatever. Seems fun so far. My freakish hulk hands make it kind of hard to see because I'm still not used to the controls.

EDIT: Applied as Skub.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 28, 2015

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it looks like a piece of paper with a lightning bolt on it. I've gotten some for completing cheevos in the medal menu. if you go to a level that you've 3-starred, you can tap the "instant" button and it will show you how many of them you have.

i was wondering what those rewards were. i just assumed it refilled your energy, i have gotten tons of them

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Where did you guys farm your Lancer runes at?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I just accumulated them from normal questing, I think.

As for the instant tickets, save them at least until you can do hard on one of the event quests or the daily rune quest. Use them there to pick up lots of star runes.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I may switch over to Amalia. I just snagged her bow, so I think I'll switch over from Hao. She's got some crazy firepower, but can't take a hit.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm liking Hao more and more. I didn't notice much of a difference after I did his affinity bonus thing, though. Maybe all it does is unlock the rest of the nodes on the grid?

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
This game is actually pretty fantastic. In as NightfallG. So far my best guys are Hao and Meowna.

Is there a spreadsheet anywhere showing good rune farming locations? Hao's ready to evolve but I don't have anywhere near the materials needed.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've purged the under 10's. That freed up 3 spots, so we are at 47/50. I think if we make a second guild, it should be for the more casual players as there are good rewards for having a strong active guild.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm seeing that both the character draw and equipment draw each have two separate "sections," each with their own buttons to draw. Is there a way in game to actually see what's fully in each section, or do you have to just sit there as all the options slowly scroll by one at a time? Is the newer stuff near the top always better?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The idea is that each set of weapons corresponds to a hero batch. At least I assume so. I pulled a bow from the second batch and it's the bow that the JP wiki shows for Amalia. I'm not sure if the characters get any extra bonuses for equipping their specific weapon but that's about it. I do think there's a power creep going on for those who have played similar games like Brave Frontier. Each batch will likely be a little better than the batch before.

I would take note of the bonuses each weapon has. Perhaps you are looking for a specific elemental damage type.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Affinity runes are a pain. I managed to bumble into enough for a Fencer and a Mage, but I can't get the single one I need for a 3* fighter.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I think bruiser/punchy beat up guy might be my favorite hero class. They recover SP so fast :allears:

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
Sent an in game request as tcjimbo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:( I was rejected from the guild.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

You might have gotten purged from the guild for being under rank 10, otherwise there are times when the application gets bugged (or the person joins another guild maybe) and the game won't accept. Try again.

work the balls Sally
Feb 20, 2006
Even as you read this, I'm masturbating to my own post.
In as poonflap

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kill All Humans posted:

You might have gotten purged from the guild for being under rank 10, otherwise there are times when the application gets bugged (or the person joins another guild maybe) and the game won't accept. Try again.

You have to be rank ten or higher? I was 9 that explains it. I guess I'll reapply when I hit 10. Hopefully there's still a spot, it filled up pretty fast.
EDIT: Skub's in, awesome. So is it worth rolling on the characters now or will there be events later on for better dudes? Because I kind of want that corn.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 29, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If I had to make a rough guess, JP is probably 6-8 batches ahead of us. Probably about a batch of heroes and weapons a month.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Roll characters. It's worth having a couple different characters to play with, there are a bunch of 3 star characters that are good, and earning the in-game currency isn't difficult.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Once you hit 60ish or so on a 4 star dude with a good weapon you can run 5 star 4p missions which give you 20k+gold 800ish exp and star runes.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

What's the best way to get class runes? Or is there one?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Does this game let you carry your profile from an iPad to a phone? That's how I predominantly play gay has, bouncing between devices. I don't see anything about it so far and that prominent change device button worries me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Someone Awful! posted:

What's the best way to get class runes? Or is there one?

Run your co-op missions and get tickets to auto battle quests, then find the quests that drop the runes you need and auto battle them. That's what I'm doing. I'm running the quests on the third island. Not sure if they have better drop rates compared to earlier islands or not.

Also, can everyone go here and add your names to this list so it's easy to check people in the guild to see if they belong or not. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YbxwkDGYjSCxnWs4Tn25lYHo4Bor7dvvA0CjwWMkmY8/edit?usp=sharing

• Locked thread