Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

vanov posted:

clipping.

I'm almost positive these guys have received coverage on these forums in some capacity since they're a pretty good crossover for people who enjoy rap, but want something more challenging than what popular rap has to offer. Death Grips would fit in well on a tour ticket with these guys, since they share similar attitudes but different approaches.

Basically, clipping. goes minimal and puts its harsh production and borderline aural noise assault front and center, replacing "angry black guy screaming about drugs and paranoia" with "smooth black guy rapping about all of the other stuff rap raps about, but with sharply-written lyrics and self-awareness bordering on parody." So basically you get club bangers you can't dance to, hustle tracks with shrill screeching and bell chimes, and songs about a hot woman who likes to kill and eat people who think she's DTF.

exactly how smooth is the black guy in this band?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
like are we talking soul brother smooth or like hustler on the block smooth

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i really want to check this out but i have to know specifically how smooth the black guy in the band clipping is

• Locked thread