Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
I love pouring Penrite HPR 30 (20w-60) into my XC Fairmont. I've tried going with HPR 15 (15w-60) full synthetic but the motor really doesn't like starting up with it, seems to lose it a bit faster too. I hope I can get away with 20w-60 in the EL's 4L as well, I have a few bottles stashed because of the XCs habit of pumping oil out through the rocker cover gasket.

One thing I was told when I swapped my new motor in just over a year ago is to stay clear of Castrol GTX with a Ford 250 crossflow because it causes the valves to stick. I'm not interested in testing this problem which is a shame because that poo poo goes on sale every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread