Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark Solux
Dec 8, 2004

Old School Saturn God

track day bro! posted:

Anyone got any ideas on what should be safe maximum oil temps on a turbocharged motor? Normal driving sees around 90c, fast motorway is about 100c and on track I see max temps of about 130c after about 15 laps on a fairly hot day. Running 5w50 Motul stuff, just wonder if its worth investing in an additional oil cooler.

Along a similar vein of thought-
I recently purchased a Focus ST. The problem that I foresee is that my daily commute is very short (5 miles) and once it gets colder outside the oil will never reach a high enough temperature for the oil pressure gauge to not be perpetually pegged (or close to it) due to the thickening of oil at lower temps. The manual suggests 5w-30 semi-synthetic, but in my situation would it be wise to move to either 0w30 synthetic / full synthetic 5w-30?

Or am I imagining something that isn't going to be a problem at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread