Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

How wrong is it for me to just blindly follow Australia hype and use penrite 10w40 in my wrx?

Literally everyone I know with a fun car uses it so I do to.

Old post but yeah I use this in my 180SX without any issues. At the moment Im running 10w50 because I was worried before a track day (and ended up killing my turbo anyway so w/e)

I usually do 10w40 Penrite fully synthetic and then switch to the ten tenths racing 10w40 before a track day as it has higher zinc and also says racing on the jug.

I just use regular Ryco filters.

Das Volk posted:

Whats the verdict on Redline Shockproof? The Viper's transmission gets bitchy when it's really hot, and I'm thinking it could use a better fluid than the standard Mopar ATF +4.

gently caress this stuff. Depends on your gearbox, but in the Silvia world people were recommending this stuff a few years ago. It turns out that it is horrible for the SR20 (and likely other nissan) gearboxes as it corrodes the synchros. its also noisy as gently caress.

I switched to Nulon gearbox oil with a tube of their PTFE additive and my gearbox feels significantly better. its also dead quiet. getting into first and reverse still needs to be double clutched sometimes but thats probably just old gearbox.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread