Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my dad commuted from Petaluma to San Francisco every day for his job as an investment banker and probably had many affairs with powerful women in shoulderpad jackets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

misread thread title. no he did not

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Smythe posted:

i love my dad

same. he is ancient and cranky

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Hammerite posted:

Heck, my mum did a compute too. But she does something less lame now.

that reminds me my mom worked at IBM in the late '70s. she has fond memories of the ur-nerds with their flaccid punched cards and body odor

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

one time my dad called me into the office room to review the "recent documents" part of the start menu on windows 98

:smith:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

mondo boobies

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

my dad's probably going to die soon. he's not in the hospital or anything, just terrible lifestyle, been in for surgery, etc. also he's very old. makes you think about who you are and where you're at. love your dad and make him know about it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

well i made it sound bad, but he's still out loving around, playing golf, doing whatever. but he had major heart surgery several years ago and doesn't give a poo poo, still drinks a lot of whiskey and chews, balls to the wind. he's just on a timer. i'm just prepared for it.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

I see. well. if he's hosed anyway...

what do you want, you ghoul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

man I want people to live a long happy life. but longer doesn't necessarily mean happier. some peope live well into old age and their life S U CK SSS>>>>>>...

he's enjoying himself, he's not burdened by renal failure, or having to take 30 tablets a day.

idk whats best for him or you.. I just hope whatever is best happens, and that's usually not taking your drugs and only eating low fat spread on cold wheatmeal toast

yeah.

• Locked thread