Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
my dad was a heavy political science date scientician or whatever you call it. always be all up in them polling data and re-districting numbers.

i used to go with him to the Computer Center to pick up the tapes that had his data on them after they crunched the big numbers.

poo poo looked like this:

he always would say "man i hate unix, stupid magic characters don't make any sense.

i remember when we got a 14.4 modem it took over a week to install it because it was on a gateway 386 and it wasn't exactly plug and play.

i had a dope rear end tiger 286 in my computer to play various math games and the earliest carmen san diego games on.

well that's my computer dad story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
some of the "trouble makers" had installed carmegeddon on the school workstations and it was dope as gently caress but then they got busted when they left the cd-rom in the drive IDIOTS.

so they came back and reinstalled it but used the nocd crack and the teacher came up and was like "What was that on your screen just then?" (they had just alt+f4'd) and they were all "oh a racing video from nascar" and she was like "Yeah right" and then made a big show of pressing the cd eject button.

BUT IT WAS EMPTY.

• Locked thread