Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot

RevusRangerous posted:

on a teletype

Holy poo poo, I thought people stopped using teletype machines by like, the early 1970s. Literally the only reason I even know teletypes used to exist is the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

also the only games he wants to play are military shooters but has literally no reflexes and has to look down at the keyboard to press ctrl.

You should make him play D.U.S.T.

My pops was an aerospace engineer in the Soviet Union. He'd just been out of college for a few years and working on some important projects(specifically, software for satellites and ICBMs) when the Soviet Union collapsed and he got out through connections. He tried to keep working in the U.S. but he couldn't get a security clearance due to his former Soviet military service, so he worked many various compute, from developer to sysadmin, to driving a taxi to make rent.

Now I'm trying to do infosec poo poo, but what I dream about at night is asynchronous computing and machine learning poo poo running on big, beautiful supercomputers.

e:↓↓↓ come on man, liberate your circuits from the oppression of the clock signal

Keldoclock fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread