Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Only if they have to build the cabin themselves. I would love to see the result for each of our prime ministers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, like I'd trust anything produced by the Canadian "tech sector" with my life. At best I'd trust them to be able to remember when my appointment is, assuming it's a routine checkup and not something important.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

flakeloaf posted:

It's not the players that suffer most, it's the teams. If they have to pay higher wages to get the same talent, that means they're under a lower salary cap than the US teams, making them less competitive. Players won't sign contracts with huge tax burdens, having the same effect.

Without some kind of relief from the league it could mean bad times for Canadian teams.

Oh. Yeah, that definitely makes it a national issue, then. Maybe there could be a special tax exemption for professional sports teams?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

flakeloaf posted:

That would be pretty unpopular because not everyone gives a poo poo about sports (unless you're being ironic) and billionaire owners losing their toys isn't exactly a sympathetic story when people don't have doctors or electricity. They'd have to negotiate some kind of quid pro quo with the league.

Let me put it this way instead: round up every NHL player, mine every credit card/CSIS/retailer transaction log to find out who bought anything related to professional sports, and send those people to gulags up north. Then use them for resource extraction, and maybe medical experimentation so that we can get those holographic slave doctors mentioned a while back.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, but it's not like the Canadian people will actually do anything about it regardless of how they might feel about the senate, so...

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Pinterest Mom posted:

It has been at the vanguard of innovative and groundbreaking policy proposals that our country desperately needs.

The glossary alone is enough to fill me with impotent scientific-inaccuracy rage, and this poo poo isn't even anywhere near my field of expertise. I'm a "software engineer" for christ's sake, and yet I can tell this entire thing is bullshit because I produced better reports when I was in CEGEP.

I mean, who the gently caress writes something like this if not to pad a document to make it look "serious"?

The Esteemed Senate of the Dominion of Canada posted:

Joint
Cigarette of marijuana or hashish with or without tobacco. Because joints are never identical,
scientific analyses of the effects of THC in their use are more difficult, especially to determine
the therapeutic benefits of cannabis and to examine its effects on driving

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Cultural Imperial posted:

I guess I shouldn't laugh so hard. What can be more keynesian than dumping money into a dumpster of hot garbage

Wouldn't enticing Canadian airlines to purchase Bombardier aircrafts ultimately lead to more Canadians on those things and all the associated misery that comes with it? I mean, if there's anyone who'd be happy about that, it'd have to be you.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Gorewar posted:

1 billion goes to Bombardier while the province apparently can't pay for healthcare or education. What a load of poo poo.

Not sure why you edited your original post, but:

Pffff, I have people in my family who were "encouraged" to retire from Bombardier after a lifetime there a couple years back, and were then called back in shortly afterwards on a contractual basis. We're talking about high level administration/IT stuff here, the sort of positions where you can gently caress around with databases that have to do with HR, accounts receivable/payable, or whatever else you want with near impunity. Don't assume it's limited to the "low level" stuff.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I don't know, it seems to work well enough for economists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Jordan7hm posted:

What else was he supposed to do after his truth bombs didn't work?

Well if he'd had a gun...