Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That makes me sad because Canadian Rangers are hard as gently caress and very cool and UNBELIEVABLY good shots with those Lee-Enfields like holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Congrats for not having any idea what you're taking about Chris Alexander.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Anyone who argues that a nuclear reactor=nuclear weapon is a loving MORON, full stop.

However, many nuclear powered vessels carry nuclear weapons, which is why New Zealand won't allow US ships to dock there.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Can someone design a plug-in for the Awful app similar to the one someone designed for comment sections which just replace everything with "faaaaaaart" except do it for all of CI's posts

Because every one of his posts is a poo poo post.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

apatheticman posted:

Remember when everyone was all disappointed with your SJW bullshit and you knocked it off for like 4 or 5 days?

Can you make it 4 or 5 months this time?

His posting is much better when all you see is "fart faaaaaaart fart"

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

jm20 posted:

Matt Damon did it, it's legit :science:

"My rear end in a top hat is keeping me alive"

Also up until very recently in the small rural farming village in South Korea I lived in for two years dumped sewage directly into the fields

'Twas a lovely perfume in the 40+ degree 100% humidity days I tell you what

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

crowoutofcontext posted:

I have yet to meet a Canadian, right or left, who doesn't admire Dallaire.

Have you met Cultural Imperial?

Dallaire is obviously evil because he once wore a uniform. Same with Chris Hatfield.

Then again, CI is literal human garbage who's posting has gotten much better since I've been using that script.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Mods please rename CI to Weedlord Kwitler tia

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

lol at anyone trying to say that our hilariously expensive rail link from downtown to pearson is good, ESPECIALLY compared to the euros or Asians.

I actually cannot name a major city outside of Canada that has worse connectivity from major airports to city centers. Tokyo makes Toronto look like a gongshow. Toronto is 20-30 years behind Seoul/Beijing. Even the Paris system, reeking like piss as it does, is better.

Luxury Yacht, I hear you on the manufacturing thing. I happen be retardedly lucky to have gotten in with a company that not only treats their employees well, but has worldwide recognition as being a leader in their field, and is actively bringing work back into North America from Europe and Asia. It can really be a wasteland, especially in automotive. Medical is picking up quite nicely though.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah it's because they've literally invested the future of their company into the C-Series and are now realizing "um I guess everyone wants boeing/airbus WHOOPS" because of the literally decades of maintenance experience and the existing logistics train of spares and experienced pilots on 7XX platforms as opposed to starting from scratch with a notoriously iffy company on the QA side.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

PT6A posted:

Having an additional fare supplement to go to the airport is pretty normal. It's generally less than $10, though!

Why can't there be a decent high-speed link to Pearson? All those cities with high-speed links or metro links to their respective airports were established when those links were built, just the same as Toronto.

Because CN Rail are a bunch of fuckos.

I really really really wish the Feds would nut up WRT CN Rail screwing up all hopes for effective commuter train service, and just appropriate the lines. Federal funds went into building them, after all.

Yes I know that would be "bad" with regards to rail transport but loving deal with it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Well, the French are going to war. Wonder if we're going back.

They are going to gently caress "someone's" poo poo up, depending on who takes credit.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

3 dudes walked into a concert hall and opened up with AKs, reloading a couple of times during the process.

And then they started executing hostages one by one.

France is going to war.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Reports say they were throwing explosives at the hostages in the Bataclan.

Par for the course for ISIS.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Colour me surprised and impressed. I was half expecting Paris to be on fire last night. I'm glad that didn't happen.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

lol cons literally based their budget on a highly improbable premise

Sound fiscal planning fellas

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Cultural Imperial posted:

No really most people elsewhere with the exception of Australia and England are really p cool. Canadians have got to be the most arrogant sacks of poo poo I have ever had to interact with.

perhaps

just grasping at straws here, a wild guess if I may be so bold

it is you who is the arrogant piece of poo poo.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Tighclops posted:

Nope, it's the middle class Canadians again

CI's posts aren't always 100% bang on but his contempt for the average Canadian is eminently justifiable

No it's not

It's sad and pathetic, actually

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Stretch Marx posted:

It still surprises me that Moosehead has the reach it does. Everyone here is convinced it's a small time Maritimes brewery. People look at me funny when I tell them you can buy it in California.

I bought a bottle of moosehead in a bar in rural South Korea. It was a little skunky because I'm positive only Canadian ex-pats bought it out of sheer nostalgia.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

No you idiot that's just Square One

It is where manners and good sense go to die.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

It's already happened, basically. I was at a new year's party at a friend's cottage and out of the 16 people there, I'd say half of them had weed of some kind with them. These are all young professionals as well, lawyers, finance types.

Edibles, weed chocolate, the ol' smokable variety, everything was there. I don't partake anymore but most did.

It's very easy to get, cops give no fucks anymore, government might as well make some money off of an easy sell.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah but Toronto is expected, it's miserable everyone knows it's miserable and hates it. Nothing is good, everything is terrible.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

gently caress me the CAD is at 1180 Korean won

I would have cleaned house 5 years ago

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah, Wynne is starting to become pretty goddamn indefensible when it comes to cronyism.

Maybe in 3 years the ONDP and OPC won't have collective aneuryms and try to out-retard each other.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Are you folk conveniently forgetting the fact that known Ronald Reagan fart-sniffer Tim Hudak lost the election the moment he opened his mouth?

And that his party had plans to send out one hundred thousand fake pink slips as ADVERTISING?

That, above all other things, killed the OPC. They instantly became unelectable for a ton of people.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

...you guys realize that a low dollar makes Canadian manufacturing really appealing right?

Also "automation fixes everything" said by someone who's never watched a million dollar Mori break a cutter and throw an absolute hissy fit

It involved a lot of oil. A lot.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

That's awesome

Get Dicked Kinder-Morgan.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Drunk Canuck posted:

I don't think I can drink that much.

I was about to say I'm pretty Sir John Eh's dream ended at the bottom of a bottle.

And count me among the people who would be best served by a conservative government in Ontario. I work in manufacturing in Ontario and am surrounded by guys who are basically OPCbase.jpg. Good, hard working family men with terrible opinions who read the Sun.

But I can't vote for the PCs. They're horrid.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Pointing a firearm at someone is not de-escalation holy moly it is the exact opposite.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

CBSA is the most lol-worthy of gun carriers as they literally need to have a civilian PAL(R) in order to carry their piece.

CBSA officers are not police.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The only airline I can think of that was actually excited to buy the c series was Porter, and the NIMBYs put a halt to that poo poo.

Pretty sure bombardier is done.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

El Scotch posted:

Nationalize production facilities, build our own fighter replacements.

literally not possible anymore.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I have zero faith in any defense procurement project not to be a colossal gently caress up of majestic proportions.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Coylter posted:

Anyone who's kept up with the discussion and didn't fall for obvious frauds like Pierre Spray realizes that the f35 is the best option at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HVY6Fdc2CM

Pierre Spay is indeed part of the fighter mafia who think things such as "radar" and "air to ground" is useless

But the f-35 is a hog. We do not need it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hmm how is it a hog let's see

It has 1 engine. We haven't had a single engine fighter since the f-104 lawn dart.

It has very limited range without tanks, which makes the whole "stealth" thing kinda pointless.

Oh here's a big one. IT CANNOT TANK FROM OUR TANKERS. IT LITERALLY DOES NOT WORK WITH WHAT WE HAVE.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Comparing an f16 with new engines to the 30 year old f100s in the f15 is stupid

And I think the f35 needs boom tanking we only have Drogue, can't convert it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

This is a company that can't sell its airplanes and hosed up so royally the TTC's streetcars that they don't fit in the goddamn barns, and have horrid quality issues.

I work in manufacturing, in a QA role. I would be ashamed to put out garbage product like that.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Well the streetcar is an endemic problem, the direct result of going with the lowest bidder, who is then forced to cut costs in order to achieve their pricing goal while ignoring overall cost of quality.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Bombardier has the capability and capacity to actually be a real force in multiple areas. Too bad their management and ownership have the IQ of plankton.

e: Actually Im pretty sure that sums up every Canadian company left. Except Hootsuite.

Thankfully not mine. We tend to see where the tide is going and adjust accordingly. New sales dropping off? Focus on refurbishment. Buy smaller companies making speciality products and use our industrial capability to increase production. Spend a boatload on R&D to break into new markets. It's pretty nice to work for a Canadian company that doesn't rest on its laurels and actually innovates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Cultural Imperial posted:

Can't wait for our new rafale squadrons to precision bomb humanitarian aid into war torn regions. Romeo dallaire didn't plus his pants on a park bench for nothing after all.

You had me at everything up to Dallaire

Don't bad mouth that man you prick.